Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lightheaded 19days post op help

I have felt literally perfect until friday. I started feeling lightheaded. Friday I didn't get much down at all. Yesterday I felt better and got my fluids and Protein in. Today I have had 19 g of protein, some milk, yogurt, and Soup. I feel really lightheaded. I know my body is changing. I have lost 17 pounds since surgery date. Am I doing something wrong? I will call doc tomorrow, but I wanna have a good day to day and get some things done.

Hi Rking,

The only think I can think of is dehydration. I am pre-op my surgery isn't until Tuesday, but I was light headed several times & dehydration was always the first place my doctor went. I have also heard of Gatorade light which has electrolytes. Call your surgeon's office I'm sure they have had this issue before. Congratulations otherwise it sounds like your doing great!

Thank you so much. I will get after the Water and give it a shot :). Good luck with your surgery!!

I was sleeved 8/3. I became lightheaded around 3 weeks and the doc said I was dehydrated and he told me to drink Pedialyte 1 bottle a day for 4-5 days. It tastes nasty to me so I think i got in about 3 bottles in 5 days, but it did help. Best to call your doc, but it sounds like what happened with me, good luck.

Thank you for that. I have been drinking Water all I can today. It must have been so recently. I felt great Thursday and had been getting my fluids. Also, I have a little temp, 99.0. I can always tell when I have it. I'll call doc tomorrow.

one little trick i learned. if you are "D"izzy, it is usually "D"ehydration. if the "P"it of your stomach aches, it is usually not enough "P"rotein. another experience of mine, i would get dizzy/ feel drunk for about 2-3 seconds as i was walking somewhere. this was not when standing up, but after walking some steps or even walking for a few mins. both the surgeon and NUT said i had lost enough weight that my center of gravity had changed and my brain was "resetting my gyroscope". Crazy, but cool!

Wow! Thank you! I have pretty much determine it was dehydration. I have been really drinking Water and today I feel great again. I would have never thought it was dehydration..... What I get for not keeping up. I haven't felt my center of gravity change but that makes good sense!!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches