Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 months out. Just ran my 4th 10K!

Coming up on my one year anniversary of Sleeve Gastrectomy. Thought I would post an update.

Weighed 348 on day of surgery. Been steady for a month at +-210. Down from 3-4X to L-XL in shirts, and from 48-50" pants to 34-36".

Went from being a daily, heavy drinker and a glutton (of some renown!) to no drinks for six months, and 1-2 a week since.

Started a walking program immediately after the surgery, then started a C25K app, and ran (jogged) my first 5K on my birthday in May. Moved on to a 10K trainer app, and have since run (jogged) 4 10K's, each one posting a better time. I exercise frequently, and for the first time in my 45 years, I don't mind it! (Honestly, I don't love it, either!). I have been doing a six week 100 pushups workout, but can't get past 45, even though I've been doing it for 10 weeks!

My original goal weight was 240 (Doctor suggested), but I had a "dream weight" of 225. I've beaten that by 15 lbs, and think I still have a little more to lose, although I'm more interested in tightening stuff up. Lose skin in my belly, boobs, and thighs...some under my arms.

I miss the social aspects of drinking and eating, and I am still trying to figure out my new personality.

My wife has been fantastic support and has been instrumental in keeping my meals healthy. I would NOT have the success I have had without support at home, I am sure.

I have no food intolerances so far, and the adjustments too my diet haven't been nearly as hard to stick to as I once worried.

I'm now considering doing a half marathon in February, although that may be biting off more than I can chew.

Sex drive has dramatically increased, although sometimes I last too long, and that can be frustrating for my wife. For years we've had perfect "timing" when it comes to sex, and we have had to adjust expectations, but it is definitely better, more active sex. I feel a bit more comfortable in my body, which is great, and I don't sweat anywhere near as much!

I'm a different guy now than I was last year, and feeling mostly great about the journey. I hate to sound like a shill, but I wish I had done it ten years earlier.

Getting healthy has been wonderful, but it doesn't solve all your problems. It's not a "quick fix." But it is wonderful to have one less thing to worry about, especially when that one thing was almost 140lbs!

Congrats!!! It is awesome to reach goal and even more awesome to surpass any expectations that you had, especially with the physical aspect of your body (from everyday activities, exercise activities to "extracurricular" activities ;) :D). I hope you continue with your success. The sleeve is so much more than a tool to eat less, it is an opportunity...an opportunity to create new, healthy habits that last a life time for a greater quality of life.

Inspirational. I am working up the nerve to do my first 5K this coming spring, to Celebrate my first year anniversary from my sleeve. I am trying to encourage my sister and nephew to join me, she had her sleeve one year before me, and my nephew had his done 4 months after me. Thanks again!

i'm still in the bronze age, so the only apps i get are at a restaurant. i would like to dangle the carrot of a 5 K in front of me. i've lost 150 and am 365 today. don't think the knees could handle it yet. any suggestions on training. i do 60 mins Water aerobics 3 x a week, and have JUST started on an elliptical (15 mins level 1). IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, YOU CAN BE IT.

Wow! Good job! You have done wonderfully. Go for that half marathon dude! Set a goal and go for it.