Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help w/ preop diet...

What clinic are you attending? I would kill for Slimfast, or anything remotely chocolate in flavour......

Sorry for the delayed reply:Hennepin County Med Center:Bariatrics in Mpls, MN. My doc is adamant about losing weight pre-op. He will button you up if he has trouble getting around a fatty liver and not preform surgery. He's tough but, I have a lot of confidence in him and his staff. Good luck to you!!

Hi, guys! Well, I am done with day 3 of my 2 week pre-op liquid diet. It is not good. I feel weird. I do not have any energy and I feel like I am living in a haze. I am getting all my Protein and stuff, but it really is not helping. Plus, I have started to have "bathroom problems," if you know what I mean?! This is one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. Thank God for the support of friends, family and this site! I don't think I could do it without you all! I can't wait to weigh myself tomorrow morning. I lost 4 pounds in 2 days, so far!!! Good luck to all!

Hi, guys! Well, I am done with day 3 of my 2 week pre-op liquid diet. It is not good. I feel weird. I do not have any energy and I feel like I am living in a haze. I am getting all my Protein and stuff, but it really is not helping. Plus, I have started to have "bathroom problems," if you know what I mean?! This is one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. Thank God for the support of friends, family and this site! I don't think I could do it without you all! I can't wait to weigh myself tomorrow morning. I lost 4 pounds in 2 days, so far!!! Good luck to all!

Hang in there I am on day 10 and it does get easier. I too though have some energy problems especially in the evening, but going to bed early keeps me from getting hungry.

As for bathroom problems, gotta be frank here.. are you constipated? I was and had to start adding Fiber to my shakes... or at least take an OTC stool stoftner....

GOOD LUCK! Hang in there.... oh I amnot sure if this is allowed but I ended up buying sugar free gum... needed some better flavor in my mouth! It helps!

:eek:Shew! OK got that done..

ow! that color hurts my eyes. but i love color. Anyhow, i just had a chopped cucumber and tomatoe salad w/ garlic salt. I'm at work or I would've added some lemon juice. WOAH!! I felt like i was eating the delicacy of the century. It certainly helped cuz it was crunchy.

I see i'm going to have to be original w/ my veggies. I'm only s'posed to have 2 cups a day. BUT! I think I'm gonna allow myself to go over.. I can't imagine it will be the make it or break it w/ "the shrinking liver saga" ....

That and Protein shakes and Water and some diet coke and I'll treat myself to a diet popsicle later on at nite. and i HOPE it will work. If not. I don't know what I'm going to do next. Other than permanently put myself on sleeping pills for the next 11 days. :)

Goshh I"m going nuts!! lol

You get veggies? I would kill for them right now. Savor the crap out of them, and eat some for me!!

I don't think this all liquid thing is a good thing for your insides. I wish I was constipated right now, if ya know what I mean? Can't get but a few feet from a bathroom. It's hard to go to work. Fun, fun!!!!!

That sleeping pill thing sounds good about right now!!!

You get veggies? I would kill for them right now. Savor the crap out of them, and eat some for me!!

I don't think this all liquid thing is a good thing for your insides. I wish I was constipated right now, if ya know what I mean? Can't get but a few feet from a bathroom. It's hard to go to work. Fun, fun!!!!!

That sleeping pill thing sounds good about right now!!!

Ok see I am jealous over the not beign constipated. I can't stand not going and hate to sit in there bathroom any longer than aboslutely needed!

I am with you on the vegies!

Hi! Ticker looks good!

I wish I could give you some advice about the preop but I will be starting mine in August. I know it must be really really really hard. Did you doctor give you any guidelines to follow?

Take care

shelli:ranger:

Yes, but unfortuantley I am extremely stubborn and didn't want to do their pre-op diet since it will only be effective pre-op. It was only 1200 calorie a day diet but you couldn't eat ANY bread, rice, Pasta, potatoes...only a few crackers then all Protein especially fish and veggies. It would be ok but it seems way too strict for me.

After surgery I won't have to eat that exact way and I will have to modify to liquids after a fill each time anyways.

Hi all!

Well I just got word today that I can't even get in to see my surgeon until around September 21st next month for a follow up for him to schedule my surgery. Which would then be another month or so after that :) this sucks!!! I wish I would have known that all his appointments were scheduled almost 2 months out I would have scheduled it a long time ago and just forced myself to lose the weight before I saw him.

They did say I could call in and see for any cancellations though but I won;t be ready for that until about 2 more weeks when I lose the rest of this pre-op weight.

By the way I started liquid dieting on Monday this week in hopes to lose the pre-op weight so I can see my doctor to schedule the sugery and I think (not quite sure because my scale is kinda weird sometimes) I lost 5 lbs already! I did adjust it al little to fit me better but it seems to be working so far?!?