Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advice on how to get all your water in

Go buy yourself a large Yeti stainless tumbler & lid.

Fill it up with ice & Water. (It holds 30 oz and there will still be ice in the cup at room temperature after 30 hours. Amazing cups)

Take it everywhere you go.....sip on on all day long. Refill as necessary.

3 days out from surgery and I was getting well over 100oz a day.

Zex9gPY.png

I normally would frown on spending money on such stuff......but the performance of these cups is simply unbelievable. Drank ice Water on the way to work. Left it in my cupholder of car. Worked a short day (6hrs). 90 degrees outside. I return to car and there is still ice water in the cup for the trip home.

I had a local guy re-finish a pistol for me in two Cerakote colors. He'd told me ahead of time that he was working on an order of Yeti cups for a local store, too.

I had him go ahead and do mine in the same colors as the pistol and I bought one on the way there for him to do for my wife.

He texted this pic to me to let me know they were ready:

M5pGYkB.png

On the way back home I made a pitstop for the best lemonade on Earth for her to break in her new cup with.

F9AfBrR.png

They've got to be hand washed, but it's no biggie. These things are insane. Fill 'em up with ice and water....put 'em on your nightstand (no condensation....no water marks) and you'll still have ice water the next morning waiting on you.

Everyone in my family has gone nuts over these things. They are available in 3 sizes now, I believe. I recommend the largest size (30oz).

Oh I like to drink out of tumblers and travel cups! Thanks for the tip. Can they be ordered off of Amazon?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Buy multiple Water bottles. Carry them everywhere.

In the early days I would take a bottle to bed with me. When I woke up my first goal was to drink at least 4 - 8 ounces before Breakfast. Another 8 -12 after Breakfast. I had a big gap between lunch which was usually between 12 -1 pm and dinner which is 6 -7 pm for me. That was prime drink time. I aimed for at least 20 - 24 ounces. After dinner it was as much as I could handle.

Now that I can drink normally I use 20 - 24 ounce Water bottles. My goal is one in the morning, one in the afternoon and the last one after dinner.

If you need reminders try setting the alarm on your smartphone.

Hi! This may be a stupid question but what do you mean by "drink normally" again? I'm having issues with water, I try to sip all day but this water keeps me feeling so full and blah! How long before I can drink water normally again?! I'm two weeks post op and this is my biggest frustration.

@@lesley_vsg - I mean take big swallows instead of sipping. If I am thirsty I can even gulp with no issues. Water fill me as well so in the early stages I had to block out time to do nothing but sip. I would have 4 - 8 ounces when I woke. That gave me at least 30 mins to an hour between getting dressed and fixing breakfast. Between breakfast and lunch I just sipped. However I usually had a good 3 hours between lunch and dinner and I really focused on drinking water. At least a good 30 ounces. It wasn't easy those first 6 weeks, but I knew I didn't want to get dehydrated I made it a point to get those fluids in. As you heal it gets easier.

Go buy yourself a large Yeti stainless tumbler & lid.

Fill it up with ice & Water. (It holds 30 oz and there will still be ice in the cup at room temperature after 30 hours. Amazing cups)

Take it everywhere you go.....sip on on all day long. Refill as necessary.

3 days out from surgery and I was getting well over 100oz a day.

Zex9gPY.png

I normally would frown on spending money on such stuff......but the performance of these cups is simply unbelievable. Drank ice Water on the way to work. Left it in my cupholder of car. Worked a short day (6hrs). 90 degrees outside. I return to car and there is still ice water in the cup for the trip home.

I had a local guy re-finish a pistol for me in two Cerakote colors. He'd told me ahead of time that he was working on an order of Yeti cups for a local store, too.

I had him go ahead and do mine in the same colors as the pistol and I bought one on the way there for him to do for my wife.

He texted this pic to me to let me know they were ready:

M5pGYkB.png

On the way back home I made a pitstop for the best lemonade on Earth for her to break in her new cup with.

F9AfBrR.png

They've got to be hand washed, but it's no biggie. These things are insane. Fill 'em up with ice and water....put 'em on your nightstand (no condensation....no water marks) and you'll still have ice water the next morning waiting on you.

Everyone in my family has gone nuts over these things. They are available in 3 sizes now, I believe. I recommend the largest size (30oz).

These are the best pictures on this website so far.

I just started a new job and have to go greater distances to get my Water, so I haven't been drinking as much as I should. What I do is keep a tall water bottle on my desk for all day dipping and try to refill it when half empty; usually 2-3 times per day, also encourages moving. At home I have a cup with me or on the kitchen counter and sip when I start to get bored, hungry, thirsty, or walk into the room. It's there, it's s visual reminder to drink. If j have it with me it's better to put water in my mouth than junk food.< /p>

i would love to hear how everyone manages to get all their Water in. i struggle daily to get 32oz in. i do it but i find myself usually at the end of the night trying to drink the last 8oz before bed. its not that i dont like liquids i just either forget about drinking or it ends up being too close to my meal times so i cant drink. Any tips would be really helpful. Ive read posts on here that some people drink 64oz or more! i cant even imangine drinking that much although i would love too!

Of all the struggles that may or may not come with losing weight.

Getting the recommended Water is the easiest thing.

Simply always have my water bottle with me when I'm walking around....or my Yeti 30oz cup loaded with ice water when I'm at my desk, car or at home.

Easy to get in 2-3 times the recommended 64 oz if you try.

I have a glass of Decaf green tea, hot in the morning to replace coffee. that is about 6 oz. then drinking out of my 24 oz Water bottle during the day. It is a challenge to stop 30 min before eating and wait 45 min after eating. Then I make sure that I'm drinking at least two of those 24 oz bottles during the day/night.

it is a challenge but my Dr keeps reminding me that the shakes have Water in them (I mix the shake with ice for a smoothie type drink). So just keep plugging a away