Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A distinctly female problem!

OK, I suppose this really belongs in the "General Discussion" list, but "Support" seems more appropriate. . . because my boobs are shrinking. I know this is a normal part of losing weight, but I'm starting to feel like a teenager all over again, and not in a good way -- I need to stuff gym socks in my C-cups, and it ain't pretty! I've still got a lot of weight to lose, so I don't want to run out and buy a bunch of new bras when I might be wearing nothing but an undershirt or two teaspoons taped together in another year or so. I need major hydraulics (I'm 47, and my bra size isn't much smaller) so I can't just do without. Any suggestions from someone who's been there? Or not? Sorry, guys, if this is too much information! :cheeky

We were discussing this very topic in the Chat room tonight. One of our single Bandsters just needs to marry a plastic surgeon and then give us all "some support". LOL

Ya know, I read the title. But I clicked on it anyway. I got no room to complain. But, since I'm here I'll put in my two cents:

My wife had the roux en y. She's now lost 270lbs. Stuff isn't just sagging anymore. Most of her has headed South. She is 5'4". She was a 50 JJ bra size. Now when she takes her bra off real fast...........every line goes out of her face.

But, to me, she's beautiful. Look at the journey she has made! She was beautiful before, and she's beautiful now. I tell her that those sags and bags aren't just hanging skin. They are badges of bravery and honor. She should wear them proudly, and so should you.

But the only other answer is more surgeries to nip, tuck, lift, tighten.

Zoe, your not alone in this. Maybe we should form some sort of group. What could we call it? The boobless loosers, or We've lost them Have you seen em? No no no, thats still no good somebody help us here. We neeed a name for all the boobless bandsters. Hey maybe we can call ourselves The bandaid Kids, then everyond can ask why we call ouselves that and we get to tell them it's because we've resorted to bandaids for support!

Hey: Mine have lost weight but they still are large when I stuff them in a better supporting bra. I get underwire now. I think we should call ourselves the "Undulating Pendulums". At least that is what mine look like.

Ryan: Love the comment "no wrinkles in her face". Too funny. You are a gem.

I was banded about 6 weeks ago and have lost 20 pounds. I'm sure a good 10 of it was boobage. I'm thinking of investing in a set of sardine can keys so when it's all over and the twins have completely emptied, I can just roll them up and tuck them in...

Im fortunate to not have that problem either..back in 1998 I had reconsrtuctive surgery on my breasts and at the same time I had a lift and implants to ill in the gaps from the reconstruction and the lift..so as Im getting smaller , my boobs are looking bigger and perkier

Now Michelle....be careful with bragging about that kind of stuff. Youe not suppose to come on a thread like this and say things like, "The more weight I lose the bigger and perkier my breast are becoming!" Thats just not right! It's against the rules,second page from the last, read the manual!

I'm playing OK! I'm glad your breast are getting bigger and perkier, really I am...lol

But we "unimplants" have to admit, the tummy is shrinking too. That really does help the boobs look better! Now if I could just get rid of the inner tube that's settling over my hips!

I actually bought a bra at target the other day. They didn't used to carry my size (which hasn't actually changed quite yet), but they do now... so since they are something less than 20 bux I don't feel so bad buying one every couple of months or whatever as my size changes. I definately wasn't going to spend 40+ on a new bras as the size was changing. I hadn't thought as far as to stuff my bra in the meantime tho. lol.

Ok Michelle -- was it really painful? I got used to my C cup boobs and want them back. That's not asking for much. Actually, if they would just fill up the empty bags, that would do it. I can live with the saggy tummy. :)

I'm forming a rock band called the Undulating Pendulums -- anyone want to join? I guess I'll break down and buy some new bras, even knowing that if all goes well with my weight loss, they'll be too big sometime next year. So we're not talking La Perla here -- I'm off to Target, if there's a sale. Oh well. When I lose another 50 lbs. I'll be able to wear the lacy numbers (dating from the Carter administration) that are gathering dust in my sock drawer. Look out for a 70s underwear revival sometime next summer! (No pimp hat or platform shoes for me, though.)

All of this talk about Boobs and Bras are bringing back memories from High School. I was just trying to remember about some of the names the guys would call a womans bra back in High School...

Over The Shoulder Boulder Holder! Ha! if they only knew!

Brazeer (my G-mas' name for a bra)

I can't think of anymore right now, can anyone else?