Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i am so confused.. about foods and fullness

ok, been banded since march 29...i was 251 am now 221...so i have lost, i dont exercise like i should, i know to a certain degree its my fault...but here is my question...i have a 5cc band...and am filled at 3 right now...i have restriction, but only for certian things..like salad i can eat a whole plate of and i generally do...but most other things i can only eat a bit of...i feel like i am eating too much....i dont know if i should get a fill...i am at a plateau right now...or just give it a while am consciously try to cut down on my eating and attempt more exercise...im not sure what that SWEET SPOT is for me...im confused.. i feel like im failing...i see a difference for sure, but i dont know..i have no real instict other than i know i NEED to exercise...anyone find it hard not to eat when ur not starving just b.c u r stuck at home?!?

Hi JA6402,

I'm on my second fill now and heres what I do when I eat. I eat until I start to feel just a little pain. When it starts, I stop eating or you will need to throw up. I only get in about 4 or 5 small bites, eating vary slowly. Rule of thumb....If your weight has'nt moved in two weeks you may need a fill.

Even though I hardly eat anything.....I'm never really hungry. When I quit eating my food at meals , its because of the pain setting in , not because I don't want more food ; I do....I just know better because I know I will throw up. The Band really works if you learn to use it the right way. So quit looking for that full feeling.....When the band is working you should'nt have it.

JA6402 I hope this helps you. It may be different for others. This is how its working for me.

Good Luck with your weight lose .

:o

JA6402,

Please do'nt pay any attention to my ticker......I can't get it to update so its not right.

Crazycat:

Thanks for the post . That is exactly how I feel when I eat . So gald to hear I am not alone. I have had 3 fills and think this is at the right spot, at least for now. I am losing 2-3 lbs a week now.You are so correct in saying that its not that I don't want to eat its that the band Just doesn't want any more. I am finally getting to understand its signals and By Golly it's working. I do miss eating though. I never realised how often people snack, thats also tough.But nothing will Taste as good as being Thin will feel right?

Have a great Day!

ok, been banded since march 29...i was 251 am now 221...so i have lost, i dont exercise like i should, i know to a certain degree its my fault...but here is my question...i have a 5cc band...and am filled at 3 right now...i have restriction, but only for certian things..like salad i can eat a whole plate of and i generally do...but most other things i can only eat a bit of...i feel like i am eating too much....i dont know if i should get a fill...i am at a plateau right now...or just give it a while am consciously try to cut down on my eating and attempt more exercise...im not sure what that SWEET SPOT is for me...im confused.. i feel like im failing...i see a difference for sure, but i dont know..i have no real instict other than i know i NEED to exercise...anyone find it hard not to eat when ur not starving just b.c u r stuck at home?!?

Really helps to eat your Protein first, I know others have said this before me but truly fills you up, also eat until you think your full then, stop put the fork down wait,if still feel hungry then one or two more bites slowly, if not then stop knowing that you have reached the limit.

I hope I don't sound like "know it all" it's just I have had the misfortune of being over filled and wouldn't wish this on anybody, so all us banders have the same challenge of finding out what the hell is FULL to us ,my Dr says that overweight people have no idea what it takes (food wise) to survive or what the body not the mind needs to feed it . I think he's right eh? confused.gif

Good luck and hang in there, blessings to you , Jan P

i think its worth trying and getting another fill and see how you feel,im also at home alot,do you have a cross trainer or anything you can do inside[i bang on a dvd when doing mine,passes the time]my kids do hockey once a wk wich is great/the mums do laps of the oval while waiting for the kids to finish,so thats nice,you could also try the wii fit for fun/motivation,your not the only one who eats when they are not hungry,i have also been haveing a dreadfull time with this lately,only to find i put weight on then i get more depressed.my band helps at times/but we still have to be the ones to make that lifestyle change happen.hope you get some great advice from people to help you get ontop of things.:unsure:

I'm going to take this bit by bit...

ok, been banded since march 29...i was 251 am now 221...

That's a loss of 30lb in only 2 months! That's a fantastic achievement and you should be leaping for joy! Few of us lose quite that quickly. Congratulations!!

so i have lost, i dont exercise like i should, i know to a certain degree its my fault...

Exercise will help in more areas than one - it will make you feel better, get fitter and will resculpt your body into a better shape. It may or may not help with weight loss, as you may build up muscle to replace the lost fat, and muscle does weigh more than fat, but it LOOKS a whole heap better. Start slowly and gently and build yourself up to it, but don't beat yourself up if you're not ready yet - you are losing at a great rate without it right now.

but here is my question...i have a 5cc band...and am filled at 3 right now...i have restriction, but only for certian things..like salad i can eat a whole plate of and i generally do...but most other things i can only eat a bit of...i feel like i am eating too much....i dont know if i should get a fill...

Try not to think of the band as something that will stop you from eating, but as something that will help to stop you from overeating. If you can eat a whole plate of salad, that's WONDERFUL! Do it! Salad is good for you and will fill you up and stick with you, so that you're not suffering hunger pangs. If you're not eating much of other things, that might be worrisome and to me it is a sign that you don't need another fill.

i am at a plateau right now...or just give it a while am consciously try to cut down on my eating and attempt more exercise...

If you've lost 30lb in only 2 months, you can't have been at a "plateau" for very long. I know that as dieters, many of us are hooked on the positive reinforcement of the scale dropping every day and if it doesn't move for several days, we feel cheated and start to think we are failing, especially if we've been "good". This was probably my biggest problem in pre-banding days - if the scale stopped for more than 5 days, I assumed all loss had stopped and gave up in disgust.

One of the best things I've learned about my body since getting the band is that loss comes and goes in rhythms that suit IT not our desire to see numbers move. There are so many other factors that influence the number you see on the scale - Water retention, time of month, stress. Personally I lose steadily for about 2 weeks, a fraction of a pound a day adding up to about 1-2 pound each week, then loss stops and my weight will "bounce around" up and down a pound or so for another 2 weeks, till suddenly it drops 2-4lb almost overnight and then gets back to the steady trickle down again. I've been able to tie this pretty closely to my ToM, and now expect that pattern and really look forward to my "drop day" :).

Take time to learn your personal rhythms. I wouldn't count it as a "plateau" until all loss had stopped for over 4 weeks. THEN it's time to evaluate what you're doing and make changes.

im not sure what that SWEET SPOT is for me...im confused.. i feel like im failing...i see a difference for sure, but i dont know..i have no real instict other than i know i NEED to exercise...

I have a suspicion that you are already there but are just not recognising it yet. That's pretty normal - it took me quite a while to figure it out too. To me, the sweet spot is being able to eat just about anything I want if I'm careful and take my time to chew properly, but being satisfied on much smaller meals and not getting hungry between them. It also means that the hunger is under enough control that I can resist the urge to gorge myself or scoff chocolates or chips, not that I don't feel hungry at all.

It took me AGES to work out that I wasn't going to get that old belly-stretching ache that I thought meant I was "full". I finally figured out that the pain (which I actually enjoyed) was the pain of being OVERFULL and STUFFED. Try eating your set portions (1/2 to 1 cup of food usually), then stopping and waiting for 15 minutes. Listen to your body. If you are HUNGRY, have a little more, but don't strive to feel FULL, aim for "Wow, I'm not hungry anymore, I can walk away now." THAT's your sweetspot.

anyone find it hard not to eat when ur not starving just b.c u r stuck at home?!?

Boredom is another of my biggest triggers - I still find myself fossicking around for a snack in the mid-afternoon when I'm not hungry at all, just want something to do. Maybe that could be a motivation for you to exercise? Next time you think "Gee, I want something to eat", stop and examine the feeling - if you're not really hungry, just bored, get up and do something, anything. If you can't leave the house (e.g. small kids asleep or something), try just walking around your yard for 5 minutes. If you can get away, talk a 5-10 minute walk around the block. No-one says exercise has to start with a full 30 minutes or hour at the gym.

Lastly (and I'm sorry about the novel, but your post really called to me), you are NOT failing!! Your numbers show you are having a wonderful success so far! Focus on your achievement and be proud of what you have done! Good luck on your journey.

Hi there. Restriction is a really sticky subject. I would get a fill if a. you are hungry within a couple hours b. can't lose weight c. have no restriction. With good restriction you really can't eat more than 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food at a time. Good luck finding the right level. It takes months sometimes.

62eb9d4def1526edeb8d2d47d6baf1c4.jpg

ïîäêëþ÷åíèå ÷åðåç usb ìîäåì áèëàéí (àíãë. high technology, high tech, hi-tech) — íàèáîëåå íîâûå è ïðîãðåññèâíûå òåõíîëîãèè ñîâðåìåííîñòè. Ïåðåõîä ê èñïîëüçîâàíèþ âûñîêèõ òåõíîëîãèé è ñîîòâåòñòâóþùåé èì òåõíèêè ÿâëÿåòñÿ âàæíåéøèì çâåíîì íàó÷íî-òåõíè÷åñêîé ðåâîëþöèè (ÍÒÐ) íà ñîâðåìåííîì ýòàïå. Ê âûñîêèì òåõíîëîãèÿì îáû÷íî îòíîñÿò ñàìûå íàóêî¸ìêèå îòðàñëè ïðîìûøëåííîñòè.