Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obsessing Over My Stall

I'm worried the stall is my fault, even though I'm only getting around 600 calories a day. I started a little while ago mixing 50% juice (or a little less) and Water. The juice is 100%, not sugar free, but I have major issues with fake sugar so I try to adjust when I can. So I've been drinking my fluids at 12 oz at a time about 1/2 juice and 1/2 water. Think this could really affect me that much?

I think you can see yesterday's meal, I haven't been tracking exactly the juice I'm using, maybe I should start doing that. Thoughts?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/hismuse?date=2015-10-19

Tracking what you eat accurately is always a good idea IMO. That said, it sounds like you are just having a standard-issue stall (if you are even having a stall -- you can't really call it that until it's been a few weeks since you lost weight). Just keep following your program and you will start losing weight again. Put the scale away if it is making you crazy. Stress is worse for weight loss than some diluted juice.< /p>

FYI, your privacy settings on MFP won't allow others to see your diary.

Oh ok, sorry about that. Thanks, I think I'm going to try to doing a little more Water and a little less juice, just to help myself and stop weighing myself. Just getting neurotic, it's hard not to stress about the idea of screwing this all up.

How far along are you?

Why are you drinking juice at all? Are you still on Clear liquids?

Are you getting in all of your Protein?

If you are in your first month out then you need to worry most about staying hydrated and getting in enough Protein.< /p>

I recommend staying off the scale at least until you see your doctor and have a weigh in.

If you are truly in a stall then you might try increasing calories, not by adding juice/sugar, but by adding protein and/or good carbs.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I hit a 3 weeks stall at about 2 1/2 weeks after surgery. It was so scary to think I was doing everything wrong. Do track your juice intake to make sure it's not getting out of control but other than that, be patient and kind to yourself.

I hit 40 pounds in 70 days today (that included the 3 weeks stall) so it all comes off eventually.

Good luck.

Thank you for sharing feelings on bring stalled. I've been down 15 pounds since 1 week post op and nothing since then. My Proteins are good, Water is good and 500-600 calories a day. I'm walking every evening for 20 minutes. It is making me crazy!!! Anything I am missing!!! I am now 3 1/2 weeks post op.

It's easy to obsess over a stall, especially if you're used to weighing every day like I was. About 2 1/2 weeks out, I noticed the scale hadn't moved in three days then BAM, I gained a pound. Needless to say I was very frustrated. I decided to only weigh once a week now and it's been much better for my mental health :) I weighed this morning for the first time in a week and I'm down 6 pounds. As hard as it is not to step on that scale everyday, it's that much more rewarding to only step on it every now and then and see a good loss :)

Try not to get discouraged because a stall is COMPLETELY NORMAL. You'll be back losing again before you know it.

Why not give up juice and use a Water flavor instead?

These are sweetened with Stevia and the raspberry lemonade is amazing

http://sweetleaf.com/stevia-water-enhancer/