Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, leave it to more to find a way to guilt myself over something that's good for you.

So since it's getting darker earlier and school has started (so I'm helping my kids with homework) I can't work out as long/often as I'd gotten used to. Mind you I've worked out 4 days already since Saturday; but since my mind feels like I should be pushing to do more, enter guilt.

So where does a reforming fatty's mind go when they feel guilt??... To eating. Damn mind tricks... It's as if my mind is saying to me 'if you can't work out then this is all for naught and you may as well eat.' I haven't actually eaten anything, but just these thoughts drive me crazy!

Doesn't help that I'm approaching six months post op and I'm hyper aware of the possibility of the honeymoon fading.

Gonna grab a s.f. Jello and try and ignore the stupid voices in my head.

I hear ya loud and clear.

It's like you are punishing yourself.

That gym time becomes a vital part of your day.....even defines who you are to a small degree.

I used to be a member to a 24hr gym that was nice. It made it easier for me to get my treadmill time in.

You are doing great to identify the snack urges and satisfy them with safe substitutes.

Do you see any way you can get an extra gym session or two worked into your schedule? How far away is your gym?

I have been really lucky and joined one that is 2.1 miles from my driveway. Maybe you have a closer option, too.

Can def relate to that "all or nothing" mentality. Makes no rational sense but somehow we convince ourselves that the thought is valid. That's good that ur speaking ur mind tho. Sometimes our minds r like dangerous neighborhoods; it's not safe to go there alone

????stay strong????

@@dhrguru - tip of the hat to you for the awareness, that's a big part of the battle (or as the late Yogi Bera would have put it...weight loss is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical)

It's ridiculous. I had some major dental work done yesterday, and I was just sitting here freaking out because I haven't worked out in TWO WHOLE DAYS. I may even have to skip tomorrow. THE HORROR.

We find so many ways to beat ourselves up, don't we?

Good for you for helping your kids with their homework, but what about your "homework "? Being a strong, healthy mom who takes good care of herself sends a message to your kids about alot of things, including balance, self respect , and the need for a little ME time . So how about setting the timer for 45 minutes, stretch some, put in a workout cd, and then cool down time ? Win win !!!!

Can def relate to that "all or nothing" mentality. Makes no rational sense but somehow we convince ourselves that the thought is valid. That's good that ur speaking ur mind tho. Sometimes our minds r like dangerous neighborhoods; it's not safe to go there alone

????stay strong????

I love the analogy of the mind to the dangerous neighborhood. So true!

I hear ya loud and clear.

It's like you are punishing yourself.

That gym time becomes a vital part of your day.....even defines who you are to a small degree.

I used to be a member to a 24hr gym that was nice. It made it easier for me to get my treadmill time in.

You are doing great to identify the snack urges and satisfy them with safe substitutes.

Do you see any way you can get an extra gym session or two worked into your schedule? How far away is your gym?

I have been really lucky and joined one that is 2.1 miles from my driveway. Maybe you have a closer option, too.

My gym is about 11 minutes from my house. It's 24 hours, but I'm not night owl, so I won't go very late. While I am an early bird, going before work when school is in session for the kids just doesn't work for me.

Only way I'd switch gyms at this point is if there was one closer to home that also has a pool, and there are none.

Once the time changes, the sun should be out early again, and I can start back on my 5ish am jogs. I live in the city and refuse to risk running in the dark, morning or night.

I have the all or nothing mentality too so I bought hand weights and if I can't get in cardio I can at least do some strength training and yoga. Still work up a sweat, don't eat and I feel good about myself again. I also ended up building a gym in our basement but I know that isn't an option for everyone.

I'm 2 months out and haven't started really working out. I walk every day and alot at work. My skin is sagging all ready. I don't feel like it yet, maybe because I had a very rough recovery, I feel overwhelmed for some reason! soooo true about the all or nothing attitude for me. I think if »I can just get to the gym 3 times a week for strength training ( not 6 or 7) ...........when did you all get the work out bug

@@lealor, I lost a lot of weight a few years ago and did it mostly with super intense exercise (and the grief from losing my dad unexpectedly). My decision to have WSL was largely because I loved working out and some of the things I like to do are difficult since I put on about 40 lbs. I was just cleared for strength training and yoga and have started back slowly. I don't have the strength or stamina that had in the past but I know I will get it back. Also, I love the endorphins and get addicted to them. Start out slowly and find things that make you happy and you enjoy. Pay attention to the NSV's such as muscle definition, increase in weight and reps; those are the things that kept me going.

I'm 2 months out and haven't started really working out. I walk every day and alot at work. My skin is sagging all ready. I don't feel like it yet, maybe because I had a very rough recovery, I feel overwhelmed for some reason! soooo true about the all or nothing attitude for me. I think if »I can just get to the gym 3 times a week for strength training ( not 6 or 7) ...........when did you all get the work out bug

I didn't start working out till I was eight weeks post op. Started with couch to 5k and circuit training. Pretty much doing the same thing but added an app I can do from home for variety.

Each workout for me is about 30 minutes, now I work at adding 15 minutes.