Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had to have my Band removed as an emergency procedure. My band was to tight. I went to my Dr and the removed a tiny bit of Fluid and I was ok for two days but then I couldn't even keep Water down and I began throwing up. I went to bed and woke up first thing in the morning having to throw up and all I threw up was blood. This was back in August of 2014. So, even though my band had been so fickle it was a good tool that helped me lose weight..I actually cried, sobbed actually after the Dr told me I had to have it removed. With all my vomiting the band was half way down my stomach and was actually restricting blood from the top portion of my stomach. Its a long story and I made my mistakes. I got my sickest on the weekend and didn't call my WLS office. The vomiting up blood continuously scared me so I went to my hospital.

Long story short, I have decided to do Revision Surgery to RNY Gastric Bypass. I go on the 15th for my final class I will get my surgery appointment set for two weeks from that date and begin my liguqid Protein diet. Has anybody in this group had revision surgery or have thye considered it?

Hi there,

Im having my revision this Tuesday after having my band for over 7 years. My weight loss has been substantial and in fact, I am probably below weight now (I even see that I look too thin). I had a slip about 6 months after having it put in, but I have never really coped with the band and think I am one of those people that will vomit no matter how little Fluid is in the band.

I have had another slip and can't keep food down at all. I had the rest of my Fluid out last Friday and now can keep liquids down. I couldn't even tell you when the band slipped again - most likely years ago and I just lived with the reflux and vomiting. Its better than being fat isn't it??!

Now though, I have lost too much weight and feel terribly lethargic and not myself at all. I just want to recondition and be strong again. I don't however, want to be fat. So, what to do?

I have booked in for the bypass in a few months but really concerned about stacking on too much weight once the band is gone. I eat a liquid diet now anyway e.g. smoothies, Soups etc but I have been using butter and cream to try to keep weight on. I know that I will need to change my diet pre bypass.

I am now a fit person and I have exercised daily and love it, for about 5 years. I wonder if this in combination with doing the post bypass diet will be enough to keep my weight under control and the bypass would be unnecessary?

Its a pretty confronting and scary time - I only found out a few days ago that I was to lose the band, so still getting my head around it and RESEARCHING!

Not long until your surgery - they are doing both procedures at once on the 15th?

Cheers

Donna

I had my band out Jan of 2015 due to constant choking. Now my bariactric surgeon is putting in a request for bypass. Does anyone know if Tricare will pay for this second surgery and consider it a revsion even though it is 2 part process?

I had my band out Jan of 2015 due to constant choking. Now my bariactric surgeon is putting in a request for bypass. Does anyone know if Tricare will pay for this second surgery and consider it a revsion even though it is 2 part process?

With Tricare, all lap band revisions are now required to be a two part process. I am having a revision done. I had my band removed on 2/5/2016 and I'm having my bypass done on 3/10/2016. I had to go through an approval process just as if I'd never had WLS before and I was easily approved.

I went in last Friday to have a band to sleeve conversion. To my dismay I woke up to the surgeon telling me I had 2 hernias and they band slipped and formed thick scar tissue. I had been waiting for this day only to find out that the sleeve had be preformed in a separate surgery 3 months from now. After all the waiting and prepping I did for my sleeve it was such a blow. I am hoping that I can have the sleeve the week of May 9th instead of the end of May I just can't wait any longer. I never lost a pound with my lap band. I suffered from pain when eating and vomiting until the surgeon just removed all the Fluid. This has been such a long process and I pray that I am nearing the end! I find out tomorrow if my doc will accept my request of May 9th being my week. I am staying prayerful! This is mentally draining

Hi there,

Im having my revision this Tuesday after having my band for over 7 years. My weight loss has been substantial and in fact, I am probably below weight now (I even see that I look too thin). I had a slip about 6 months after having it put in, but I have never really coped with the band and think I am one of those people that will vomit no matter how little Fluid is in the band.

I have had another slip and can't keep food down at all. I had the rest of my Fluid out last Friday and now can keep liquids down. I couldn't even tell you when the band slipped again - most likely years ago and I just lived with the reflux and vomiting. Its better than being fat isn't it??!

Now though, I have lost too much weight and feel terribly lethargic and not myself at all. I just want to recondition and be strong again. I don't however, want to be fat. So, what to do?

I have booked in for the bypass in a few months but really concerned about stacking on too much weight once the band is gone. I eat a liquid diet now anyway e.g. smoothies, Soups etc but I have been using butter and cream to try to keep weight on. I know that I will need to change my diet pre bypass.

I am now a fit person and I have exercised daily and love it, for about 5 years. I wonder if this in combination with doing the post bypass diet will be enough to keep my weight under control and the bypass would be unnecessary?

Its a pretty confronting and scary time - I only found out a few days ago that I was to lose the band, so still getting my head around it and RESEARCHING!

Not long until your surgery - they are doing both procedures at once on the 15th?

Cheers

Donna

Did your insurance cover this with a lower BMI?

I am having lap band revision surgery do to erosion to VGS next month in one surgery. I have completed my dietitian appointments and are waiting for pre-surgery work up dates and surgical date. I am very interested in hearing from anyone who has had this done. Your thoughts and how it turned out. Concerned about the removal and revision, but I don't want to leave it in either.

Thanks in advance any insight would be appreciated.

I know it's been so long since I was on here. I had my RNY on Nov 2, 2015. It was a long time between my removal and my Gastric Bypass surgery.

I'm coming up on my year anniversary and I wouldn't change a thing. My weight loss has been substantial. My highest recorded weight was 342. I am now down to 152. I feel amazing. I haven't had any complications.

I'm using an app on my phone and I need to update my profile. I look so much different now. post-145772-14773156497176_thumb.jpg post-145772-14773156621171_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm going to post some before and after pics too! Just in case anyone is wondering.

post-145772-14774053456433_thumb.jpg post-145772-14774053684604_thumb.jpg post-145772-14774053972725_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm hoping to have a revision from my band to RNY this November. I'm so scared the insurance isn't going to approve it. When I went to meet with the surgeon he asked if I threw up a lot and I was honest that I usually throw up everyday so he removed the fluid.. I feel so hungry all the time and have gained 5 lbs. I never was successful with losing a lot of weight with my band. So I'm happy to see how successful you were.