Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Crazy Ates invites all August banders to join us!

:whoo:Hi there all. I'm new. Was banded on 8/14. Feeling pretty good...still getting a little :notagree. I wish everybody well on their new road to success!! :clap2: Jackie

pjanes54, I am happy to hear that I have someone getting banded on the same day! I have been very calm, but now......No Way. Its tomorrow!!! I am supposed to check into the hospital at 10:00 am my time and I dont know when I will have the exact procedure. I not good at waiting around. I'm a big baby. I dont have problems with pain, its all mental. I need to just go in and have them meet me at the car and put me under until its over! LOL I sorry to say that will not happen and I will be driving everyone nuts with minor episodes of freak-out. I wish you luck and will think of you at 11:00 am tomorrow. What time zone are you in? Good luck, deana

Its Rose again. I am back to work today, day 5 postop. Feeling better. Still sore, have to wear loose pants. No more pain med. The TLBC told me to take my regular meds the way they are - in capsule. They went down fine.

After I almost puked twice after crushing them, I was ready to throw up on everything. So everything is almost back normal. I took a shower day 4. Soaked my steristrips on my incisions, soaked them off. Wiped them gently, and put new ones on. It felt and looked much better ! I can feel my port!!! Still alot of bruising by the port. Not much of an appetite at all.

Will have a small coffee in morning, and then sip on a Protein shake all day, then maybe have a popsicle around dinner and then some broth.

It does get better. But you have to put your mind to it. Its all in the mind. I cant believe how much of my world evolved around food. Oh, ! we have so much work to do. I work at home, so I can take the occassional nap, which is great. First fill is October 1st, cant wait to see how more weight has come off. Anyway, have no idea how to get my ticker counter

on this message? Anyone know how?????

Computer dummy from Toronto....Rose

Its Rose again. I am back to work today, day 5 postop. Feeling better. Still sore, have to wear loose pants. No more pain med. The TLBC told me to take my regular meds the way they are - in capsule. They went down fine.

After I almost puked twice after crushing them, I was ready to throw up on everything. So everything is almost back normal. I took a shower day 4. Soaked my steristrips on my incisions, soaked them off. Wiped them gently, and put new ones on. It felt and looked much better ! I can feel my port!!! Still alot of bruising by the port. Not much of an appetite at all.

Will have a small coffee in morning, and then sip on a Protein shake all day, then maybe have a popsicle around dinner and then some broth.

It does get better. But you have to put your mind to it. Its all in the mind. I cant believe how much of my world evolved around food. Oh, ! we have so much work to do. I work at home, so I can take the occassional nap, which is great. First fill is October 1st, cant wait to see how more weight has come off. Anyway, have no idea how to get my ticker counter

on this message? Anyone know how?????

Computer dummy from Toronto....Rose

Rose,

Go to tickerfactory.com

create a ticker, copy and paste the picture of the ticker into your signature on your cp. correct me if i am wrong, anyone. that's how i did mine ;)

Sounds like you are off to a great start!

pjanes54, I am happy to hear that I have someone getting banded on the same day! I have been very calm, but now......No Way. Its tomorrow!!! I am supposed to check into the hospital at 10:00 am my time and I dont know when I will have the exact procedure. I not good at waiting around. I'm a big baby. I dont have problems with pain, its all mental. I sorry to say that will not happen and I will be driving everyone nuts with minor episodes of freak-out. I wish you luck and will think of you at 11:00 am tomorrow. What time zone are you in? Good luck, deana

deana,

thanks for the good wishes! The clinic called to finalize time for surgery tomorrow and bumped my time out 1.5 hours...so, I am to arrive at 11 am. Central time zone, here. It's all good, it's all very good.

I need to just go in and have them meet me at the car and put me under until its over! LOL
OMG, LMAO!

post-220490-13813135438383_thumb.gif

Well, I am in bandland now too! I had my surgery on Monday and am doing good. They had a hard time setting my port so I am a bit more sore than most in that area but feel pretty good today. I had a hard time after surgery with going to the bathroom because of all the meds they had given me, but that passed. Yesterday I was hungry for the first time and ate Soup. I am not sure how much to eat though....I had 4oz of soup for lunch and 5oz of soup for dinner (cream soup). Does this sound like too much? I got all my Protein in through drinking Isopure but fell short on the calories by a little. Let me know if you think I am heading in the right direction

the blood thinner I was given is a part of the hepprin family. That's all I know. The name you gave sounds familiar but they all sound the same. The doctor said it was pretty rare but that's weird. It wasn't life threatening I don't think......at least under the morphine I didn't care.

Hope you do well.

I am having such shoulder pain that I can't stand it. How long will it last???? I am two weeks + post op and my neck and shoulder are killing me. I had a CT scan to see if there was a Pulmonary Embolism, but I knew there wasn't. I have read about the referred pain from the diaphragm. HELP!!! How long??? Is this forever?????:help:

I will finally be banded by Dr. Chung in Lake Charles, LA tomorrow, Aug 24th!!!!:whoo::whoo::whoo:I have managed to loose 17lbs since Aug 8th during my pre-op stage. This forum has been so great to obtain the much needed info to get myself physically and emotionally prepared for this surgery. I am so glad to be able to share my thoughts with so many people who will be able to understand what I am going thru!!:clap2::clap2:

Princesst

Hi everyone, I just found out I am a Crazy Ate whoo hoooo.... banded on the 20th, feeling way to good..cept of course the gas. I used to be burping queen but cannot seem to get one out (bummer) so now I have given myself a new title farting queen, and I love this gas bubble that is in my back, such a nice accessorie! My doctor said to me "eat anything that can fit thru a straw" well that has left some confusion in my brain, because I see most people are eating Clear liquids, but im not. I have my morning coffee (with milk & sugar), cream of wheat for Breakfast 1/4 cup. then at lunch I eat 1/4 cup of cream of something Soup and the same for dinner. Also, he hasnt said anything about the amount of time, or when i go to mushies (if at all??) and my next appointment to see him is on the 26th of SEPT...do you guys think that will be my first fill??? should I just assume that after 2 weeks of liquids I can start my mushies??

Thanks anyones opinion is more than welcome... AND I am so very happy to be a BANDSTER!!!

:whoo:WooHoo! I'm a Crazy Ate - being banded on the 29th. I was beginning to think I wouldn't have surgery for another month, but alas - approval last Friday and just 12 days later I will be in Lapband Heaven! I'm a teacher and the kids come back to school on 9/4 so the coordinator at my doc's office pulled strings and minor miracles to get this all together. She has been simply amazing. So - started my diet today - not too bad considering I had no time to mentally prepare. My husband drinks Protein Drinks a lot so we have two jumbo containers - chocolate and vanilla. I have to say that I did break down and had some cheesecake. I felt like I didn't get my "last supper" and that was my consolation prize. BUT - I am mentally ready now to finish off my very few days. The hard part will be Tuesday - Clear Liquids and the first day back to school for teachers - AND the staff luncheon. Guess I'll be eating Jello and skirting the issue of my surgery which everyone will know about. A few friends know and I'm just going to be evasive with the rest - "girl issues" I gues is what I'll say! TOTALLY EXCITED to be on my way. Besides my wedding day and the birth of my kids, I've NEVER been this excited. It's the start to a whole new ME ;)

Hi all! I'm glad to have found this group. I will have surgery on 8/29 and can't wait!! :whoo:

Good luck to everyone!

I got banded Tuesday 8/21. How are you guys doing? I still have shoulder pain from the gas and stomach pain too. It gets better and better each day tho. I bought meat flavored baby food and it is absolutely gross!! I give it to my dogs and they like it, I think cuz it tastes like dog food! I have been rocking the cottage cheese and skim plus with sugar free hot cocoa mix in it and those are both great. What kind of Protein rich foods do you guys like that arent too fattening? I am going to go shopping today and stock up on some more food and gas x strips. I hope I feel better by tomorrow because I am supposed to go out. I also have work meetings this Tues and Wed so I hope I am back to normal by then. Welcome Crazy Ates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;):drum:Hey August Banders.....become a Crazy Ate! Come join us in the monthly groups! We're waiting for you. There's no initiation and we don't even require shoes and a shirt!!!! :clap2: Join in the fun and sharing as we make our way to August! It's a place where you can be yourself, be someone else or maybe even *become* someone else! Heck, you can even bring your old Aunt Betsy if you want! Come to think of it, Uncle Fred is more than welcome too!!! :hippie: :)

Be sure to bring along your smile, your sense of humor and please wear a *CRAZY HAT* when you come so we can recognize that you're ONE OF US!!!! :peace:

We're making lots of plans so don't miss the fun!!! :clap2:

the blood thinner I was given is a part of the hepprin family. That's all I know. The name you gave sounds familiar but they all sound the same. The doctor said it was pretty rare but that's weird. It wasn't life threatening I don't think......at least under the morphine I didn't care.

Hope you do well.

Thanks for the reply. I am not having any issues with the Lovenox. Hope you are doing well. Yeah, the morphine. I am easing off the Vicodin now(pretty good stuff, too) and taking with the liquid Tylenol. I am able to be up and active with very little difficulty and I guess that is the best.

Take care!

My left shoulder and neck are killing too. Its from gas. I was taking charcoal tabs but used them up. Today I am going to go to the store and buy some gas x strips and charcoal tabs and see if both of those help with the gas. I hope it goes away soon cuz its hard to sleep comfortably and walk upright without being in pain.

I am having such shoulder pain that I can't stand it. How long will it last???? I am two weeks + post op and my neck and shoulder are killing me. I had a CT scan to see if there was a Pulmonary Embolism, but I knew there wasn't. I have read about the referred pain from the diaphragm. HELP!!! How long??? Is this forever?????:help: