Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tracking your food is one of the biggest keys to success after weight loss surgery. It holds you accountable, and can help you discover patterns about your eating, like which foods make you feel fuller and when you tend to crave junk food.< /p>

There are tons of possibilities for food tracking. Which program/site/app do you use to track your diet, and why? Which features does it have that you like or even depend on?

Whenever I feel like my weight loss is slowing, I'm more diligent about using the My Fitness Pal app. I like how you can see your overall carbs, Protein, fat, and calories for the day.

MFP. Everyday I get up and log my day. I record what I'm having for Breakfast and project what I plan to eat for the rest of the day. This helps me see where I can add in Protein and helps me meet my Protein goal. In the evening I adjust before closing out. I don't always eat what I put down in the morning, but starting the day this way gives me an idea of what I'm working with so if I get invited out to eat, or decide I want something else instead I know where I can make adjustments.

I use My Fitness Pal. I like that you can scan items and access a huge database of stored foods. I also like that it tallies nutrients as well. I've also tried Fooducate, but always seem to return to MFP.

@@Alex Brecher I just switched two days ago from "Lose it" to "My fitness pal." One of the coolest part to that is I must have signed up right before surgery and then never used it because when I signed back in to start using it, it said my weight was 267.4!! I said " Oh the heck it is let me adjust that for you..164.6"! Boom I lost 100.8lbs instantly!! I love this app because it tracks more nutrients than my last one. I need to keep a check on my cholesterol since my labs said it was high (we are going to recheck them) I only get an average of 100mg a day and "normal" people get 300+ a day so we aren't sure that's right. It went up 10 points since losing 100 lbs. Things aren't adding up. I'm keeping a close eye on it and eat fish a good 4+ times a week now.

Sparkpeople. It's free, it tracks every nutrient I need to track (ply many more), I can enter recipes, and users have entered almost every prepared food out there. Super easy. I've used it for many years. Plus, there's a forum, a recipe function, articles, and a place for a blog if you want one. It also links to fitbit.

I really like it and although there are newer ones, I see no reason to change.

Edited by Thinside

I have been using Myfitnesspal since almost the beginning. I log my food after every meal, it only takes a few seconds and it is done.

I like that it helps me track my Protein count and gives me access to all the other nutrients as well.

I also have it linked to my Apple Watch which tracks my daily activity and exercise. This makes tracking my day super easy.

It also makes me take a good long look at my exercise behaviors.

I love this app because it tracks more nutrients than my last one. I need to keep a check on my cholesterol since my labs said it was high (we are going to recheck them) I only get an average of 100mg a day and "normal" people get 300+ a day so we aren't sure that's right. It went up 10 points since losing 100 lbs. Things aren't adding up. I'm keeping a close eye on it and eat fish a good 4+ times a week now.

Make sure they actually measure the 2 different types of LDL, b/c the big fluffy kind are GOOD for you, and may be what's causing the increase overall.

I love MFP because it works with my fitbit. I have to use them together to get the best results. I like Sparkpeople too for the support but I find this group and my FB group is better for me.

MyFitnessPal is what I use too. I've been using it for over 4 years. Syncs with Fitbit. :) Other apps I've had issues with not finding foods and then I'd have to add them.

Edited by Madtownsunshine17

Fitday.com

I use MFP