Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 9 days out and 10 pounds down. I'm having a hard time. My pain is not an issue but I miss food and have such bad head hunger. I crave foods that aren't even bad I want salads and avocado and grilled shrimp and it sucks that I can't just start a normal low carb diet. I feel like I made a mistake doing this. I can barely get my liquids or Proteins down because even though I have bad head hunger I feel pain after one or two bites of something (I follow the food plan!) I just need some encouragement and positive words

What was your turning point? That one thing that really bothered you about your weight? I for one, can't wait to ride stuff with my kids. I can't wait to wear my heels without having my legs shake from the instability of a 300+lb body at an incline!!!! I am most looking forward to my kids being able to hug me completely with their arms totally around my waist!!! You must have these small goals, find some and think about it long and hard when those shrimps start teasing you again!!!

You've got this. Every day it will get better....physically or mentally. I'm 10 weeks out and I crave different stuff all day. I just let my mind think whatever...I can't eat it. I think we'll have these cravings until our minds catch up with our stomachs. We've eaten anything and everything for years. We've got this. Good luck. ❤️

I was sleeved 8/31, and I am a witness that each day gets better. The mind can be tricky and play games on us. When I find myself consumed with thoughts of food, or the lack thereof, I ask myself, "How bad do you want it?"I remind myself that this initial sacrifice will be well worth it. Talk that devil out of your mind and begin to speak life into your situation.

Blessings

I eat a lot of cool stuff, the hardest was the Soup phase for two weeks, cream mushroom, chicken, celery, etc... Yuk!!!! Soft was great I had been craving eggs and probably cooked them differently everyday for like 2 weeks, lol, I realized after two months out that I could have a lot of what I craved, shrimp, steak, fish, crabs, etc. only 4oz at a time, take a step back and realize you will have all that again, only in moderation, so you will get the taste fix, but you have to learn that your portions are the new standard, BTW I now hate McDonalds, it smells bad to me( side effect) I can smell when the meat is sour, and the oil is old, and I really don't like sweets anymore, i craving fruit at times, hang in there, it catches up to your stomach way before your head.... I promise

When you want to quit remember why you started! You will have cravings,You will desire what you shouldn't have, Be strong! and just think about what you put in your mouth before you do, I take comfort that I'm not alone with this tough task, there are a lot of people that are in a tougher situation than us, you made the right choice by having the surgery, It was a big step in the right direction You put yourself on for a healthier future and I'm sure for a longer life, Just keep being strong and continue to make the choices and you will see results every week. I was second guessing myself also but I regain my focus and saw that i put myself in the situation I was in to need the surgery,Then when I eat I get full quick and that's my safety net that catches me and keeps me on track! Protein first and veggies second.

I wish You the very best! and remember you are not alone!

@@cslove and others....thanks. I feel like I wrote the first post. My my my the crazy food thoughts I wanted. Every commercial...w very smell. I realized how I was/am a food a holic . 9 days out and it does get better. And the small goals do help. Thanks all of you.

I thought I was the only one who felt like this! My head hunger is the WORST thing I'm dealing with. And i'm not even actually hungry. I just keep thinking about food that I cant have, and its not even like bad food. Like I'd kill to have an egg, or a piece of meat. (its this liquid diet part that stinks, you dont feel like you're actually eating) And then you think to yourself that you made a mistake by getting the surgery done. But, its our minds playing tricks on us! I just keep reminding myself why I did this, and that I'll be able to eat solid foods soon. Remember, this stage is only temporary, and so so so worth it. hang in there, it gets better !!

You and food have not officially broken up! You're just on a break while you figure out how to have a healthy, non-destructive relationship. Don't ache and agonize over every meal you're not having -- just remember you can have those foods again when you've learned to eat appropriately.

I hope you hear the echo over and over again of "it gets better," because it truly does! The first few weeks after surgery were the hardest for me in terms of craving. By week 5-6, food felt less important. I'm on week 7 now, and eating is a chore I must push myself to do.

You got this, kid ;) Feel free to regurgitate your woes and frustrations as much as you need. We're here for you.

@leighannnn1791. So we'll written. It gets better. Sooooo excited to have an egg Monday. Appreciate food more I guess.

I was sleeved August 19 and only down 10lbs down. The scale will is not moving. Maybe I should start working out but just do moderate. I'm on soft foods and my cal intake isn't over 550 since I started soft foods! Any advice! I am loosing inches though

I was sleeved August 19 and only down 10lbs down. The scale will is not moving. Maybe I should start working out but just do moderate. I'm on soft foods and my cal intake isn't over 550 since I started soft foods! Any advice! I am loosing inches though

Thank you all for your supportive words. I had a really tough day I'm just really having a hard time with the soft foods because I have such head hunger and then the foods I can eat give me pain I get that my body isn't ready it just sucks. I cried today and said that I regretted the surgery. I don't think I really do its just hard. I was warned that the first couple weeks suck but it's difficult going through it.