Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chest Pressure PAIN - Help!!!!

:help: Hi. I was banded in April and I recently had my 2nd fill. After my 1st fill I didn't notice a thing so when I went back to Dr. Tishler he said that it could have had some air bubbles in the tubing so this 2nd fill he really filled me up. When I drink fluids, it goes down fine. When I try to eat chicken or beef, it easily gets stuck! A few times, the chest pain was so bad I had to vomit! From that time after I eat so slow now and not I CHEW CHEW CHEW, but sometimes I feel like it is gonna get caught still. Is this normal? I feel like I can't eat with other people because I eat so slow now, I hate making them wait at the resturant or at home at the dinner table. Also I feel like when I eat I get filled but not full. Almost like I could eat more but I am sick of chewing but in an hour I could eat more. I still have some cravings but I don't think that I wanna get another fill if food gets caught as it is? How do you know when you've found your sweet spot? Lastly, I know this may sound weird but a few times when I have eaten bread or sugar even the littlest amount...I get pain in my left shoulder?! It seems like a weird correlation I know but could it be from the carbs? I don't think the shoulder pain could be from anything. Can anyone help this newbie?!

The pressue is definately eating too fast... (I am a speed eater, and I feel it often) it is all about slowing down and savoring the food. As for eating too slow.. don't worry about it. they will wait and may even slow down a bit too... it could be a good thing for everyone!

The left shoulder pain has to do with the band and the diaphram. I am not sure why that is. I hope someone can answer that. All I know is a lot of bandsters talk about left shoulder pain.

You might want to go in and have a slight unfill.

The pressue is definately eating too fast... (I am a speed eater, and I feel it often) it is all about slowing down and savoring the food. As for eating too slow.. don't worry about it. they will wait and may even slow down a bit too... it could be a good thing for everyone!

I have only been banded for 4 days but I have a lot of pressure in my chest, mine will come on if I bend over to pick the kids up or stay in a bent position too long, it does pass but was scary. I am still on all liquids so I find it hard to believe I have anything stuck. One thing is forsure, I am so not hungrya nd not wanting to eat anything right now.

Which I absolutly love!!

jmej

234/220/150

banded 7/27/07

I was banded 2 years ago but 4 weeks ago I had to have the port moved. Over the last week the band seems to have become tight. I can take fluids in the morning but cannot eat solids until late afternoon or evening. My consultant has said to see if things settle down over the next few days. Has anybody else had their band tightening for no reason?

I have only been banded for 4 days but I have a lot of pressure in my chest, mine will come on if I bend over to pick the kids up or stay in a bent position too long, it does pass but was scary. I am still on all liquids so I find it hard to believe I have anything stuck. One thing is forsure, I am so not hungrya nd not wanting to eat anything right now.

Which I absolutly love!!

jmej

234/220/150

banded 7/27/07

One mistake you are making is bending over. You should not be doing that AT ALL. Bend from the knees, don't bend over.

Picking up your kids... I realize at times there are few choices but what instructions did your doc give you about how much weight you can lift this soon after surgery?

Thats interesting you asked what my doc said. I asked if I could excercise and they told cardio was okay but avoid weights. Not because of the surgery but it sounded more like cardio was more benificial to weight loss. Any thought on lifting weights post surgery and when and why?

Thats interesting you asked what my doc said. I asked if I could excercise and they told cardio was okay but avoid weights. Not because of the surgery but it sounded more like cardio was more benificial to weight loss. Any thought on lifting weights post surgery and when and why?

One of the things I found after my surgery was regarding lifting/turning patients.

You know how when you touch your hand to a hot stove your first reaction is to pull back and stop touching a hot stove? The same can apply to lifting. What if you lift your child and your instinct tells you to stop lifting due to pain? It's a reaction, not something you think about. You realize what happened after it's done and over.

I think it's just a pain issue. It wouldn't be a hernia issue like with other abdominal procedures where they cut through muscle, but just a pain issue. You don't want to rip sutures or cause unnecessary pain. Most of all you don't want to drop something you go to pick up such as a child.

After a few days you will know what you can tolerate and what you can't. When my friend was banded her baby was 14 months old. She could crawl up a step stool, then crawl up to the couch, then onto Mom's lap. So my friend had her do that when possible. They turned it into a game.

The left shoulder pain is caused by the fact your stomach's shape has been altered since you were banded. When the stomach gets full, it touches a nerve in your diaphragm and that nerve apparently connects to your left shoulder.

I have been banded over 3 years and thought I was a total freak having this condition, until I discovered this site. My doctor (not the one who banded me) also confirmed how it was caused. Sometimes I feel like I can eat more but the shoulder pain is a big deterrent. It's a sharp stitch like pain which will not go away until my stomach is no longer full. Not something you want hanging around, that's for sure!!!!!!