Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello to all. I was banded July 5,2007. First day was a blur- lots of pain, nausea and bloating. Today is my 4th post-op day, and things have gotten better. Still lots of bruising and some bloating (Praise be to the creators of Gas-X!) but little pain. Still on clear fluids for seven days. I am so glad I did this. I'm a bit nervous (that I'll be the one person to NOT lose weight after being banded) but the journey has started.....

Any other Ontario folks out there??:clap2::clap2::whoo::whoo::clap2::clap2:

Hi Lisa, Welcome and congrats on your being banded! I am from Toronto as well - we actually have a whole Canada section further down the page. Some people just hang out there and others (like myself) are all over the board. It's nice to have "homies"!

Hi Lisa, Welcome and congrats on your being banded! I am from Toronto as well - we actually have a whole Canada section further down the page. Some people just hang out there and others (like myself) are all over the board. It's nice to have "homies"!

Thank you so much Susan. It's nice to know there are others out there. Maybe we'll bump into each other at a meeting or "fill".

I'm no techno wiz- how do I find other Canadians, Torontonians???

Lisa -- we have the same band-date. I was hoping to find someone to compare notes with. I am in Washington state--this is my first post--I have a lot to learn. So, the bloating thing? I belch all the time--it's not just me, huh?

Lisa -- we have the same band-date. I was hoping to find someone to compare notes with. I am in Washington state--this is my first post--I have a lot to learn. So, the bloating thing? I belch all the time--it's not just me, huh?

hi! Actually it's the NOT belching etc. that's the problem. I feel like a balloon. No BM's either but I guess that's not surprising since I'm still on clear fluids. Should I be adding Benefibre to my fluids?

I started burbing on Saturday and I didn't know what was happening. That's when I first went on-line to see if I was unique. It was very helpful to know others are affected. Are you walking at all? When I walk a little, I burp and pass gas a lot. Yesterday I also did some fingertip massage on my abdomen (not stomach area). I also had not had BM since the day before the surgery and yesterday took 2 Duclolax that alleviated the problem comfortably. I started my powder Fiber today and I hope that and the Water will keep me regular.? I think the Benefibre will help you. Are you pretty sore at your port site? I am so glad to be feeling better overall, but that one spot still remains. I go to the dr on Thursday--when do you go again? I didn't have to do the clear fluids, only a liquid diet, so I have had some Protein powder and yogurt. Are you sleeping ok?

Joan

Welcome Lisa and Joaniliz. Lisa I am also from Canada but I was banded in Sarnia ON on June 2. I found the best thing for keeping the bowels moving in the early stages was juicing fresh fruit, apples seemed to work the best for me. For the gas...just keep moving and it will release.

Welcome to the new world of bandsters, and thank God for our new tool to help us through our weight loss journey. Good luck to you both!

Welcome Lisa and Joaniliz. Lisa I am also from Canada but I was banded in Sarnia ON on June 2. I found the best thing for keeping the bowels moving in the early stages was juicing fresh fruit, apples seemed to work the best for me. For the gas...just keep moving and it will release.

Welcome to the new world of bandsters, and thank God for our new tool to help us through our weight loss journey. Good luck to you both!

Joan and Gibby:

Thank you both for your helpful suggestions. My next purchase may be a juicer! I've decided to just not worry about the "no BM situation" until I'm finished with clear fluids. I'm feeling better each day, and will get back to work tomorrow or Thursday. Yes, Joan the port area still hurts a bit, and is really the area of maximal bruising...but this too shall pass! :whoo::whoo:

Hi, Susan: (aka shayna punim)

Were you always told " such a shayna punim" during your plump teenage years?? Me, too. But we always knew what the unspoken end of the sentence was. Anyhow, you probably do have a beautiful face, and now the rest of you will match!

Hi, Susan: (aka shayna punim)

Were you always told " such a shayna punim" during your plump teenage years?? Me, too. But we always knew what the unspoken end of the sentence was. Anyhow, you probably do have a beautiful face, and now the rest of you will match!

Hi Lisa - not too many people know what that means! That was my family nickname since I was a baby but yes, I got that such a shayna punim but....The reason I use it here is because there is a woman from Australia who calls herself Shayna Punim and so I wrote to her about it. She allowed me to use Toronto Shayna Punim. Now you need to add it as well!

About the BMs - watch it. I ended up in emerg at Mt. Sinai with severe abdominal pain. They found that I was completely "backed up" and it took about a week using laxatives and fibre powder to get me back to normal. So I would suggest the powder in your liquids now. Benefibre is very good and stirs up in Water even without any taste at all. Also, The doc I saw there was a bit of a jerk because he was very disdainful of my band! Ignorance!!!

What a jerk - although you're right and he probably knew nothing about the procedure.

Were you banded at TLBC ? They said no laxatives, but I had always had to use them before. I think you're right. Can't wait to start full fluids. I've lost a lot of weight on the pre-op diet and also the post -op clear fluids this week-about 25 lbs. Do you think this will all come back when I start eating solids again? I'm enjoying seeing my toes again...

What a jerk - although you're right and he probably knew nothing about the procedure.

Were you banded at TLBC ? They said no laxatives, but I had always had to use them before. I think you're right. Can't wait to start full fluids. I've lost a lot of weight on the pre-op diet and also the post -op clear fluids this week-about 25 lbs. Do you think this will all come back when I start eating solids again? I'm enjoying seeing my toes again...

Yes, I was banded at TLBC and called them to get their okay about the laxatives. I lost most of my weight pre and then post op. I gained back about 7 lbs when I started mushies and solids. I was very concerned about it and spoke to Maral at the clinc who reminded me that this is a time for HEALING and the losing weight will come once I start getting fills. She was right, I have lost those 7 lbs and another 2, this after my 1st and 2nd fills. I go for my 3rd fill July 18th and I don't think I will need much, I am almost at my "sweet spot".

Since you are no longer a newbie - come on down and introduce yourself on the Canadian thread. Argon posted the link here for you on her reply.

Hi there, I was so happy to read a post from Ontario, I live in Sault Ste. Marie and have just contacted the two clinics in the Metro area. One was downtown Toronto, the other in Mississauga. I'm trying to make up my mind where to have the procedure done, any suggestions?