Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those who have been banded, when you are hungry and get to eat,

how do you feel with the small portions of food that are allowed? I mean, I eat now whether I am hungry or not and I am worried that I won't know when to stop with the band. Now, I consider having that "stuffed" feeling as being "full". This is a major concern for me. I was just wondering.:)

You know when to stop, your stomach will tell you in no uncertain terms. I still feel "full" the exact same way I used to although others find it different. Not stuffed, but pleasantly full.

I still eat when I'm not hungry too - that will be a lifelong battle. But I do it less than I used to, simply due to willpower, the band often doesnt help head hunger. When I do it I eat way less. I used to not stop. A snack at 2pm would run into dinner.

And if I do do it now and I eat a fair bit, I cant eat dinner. Which isnt good nutritionally speaking but the calories balance out.

For quite a while, my stomach would get full but my head would be saying "no, you cant stop yet, this took too long to cook" or similar. It can be frustrating to be full in 4 or 5 bites. But you get used to that over time.

Its a hard journey at times but in a year you'll be a different person.

Its a good mix of band and behaviour modification, but its easier than without the band.

Sometimes I am just too full to even think about eating anything what so ever after dinner. I usually manage a sugar free fudgesicle somewhere around 9 pm though. Sometimes I forget about it which is nice.

I don't usually eat between meals any more. Since my last fill, I don't think about eating until it's meal time again. I am very happy about it. I just wish the scale would show this to me.

I have to be honest and say that I finally hit a level of restriction with my last fill.......... I had some restriction prior but nothing like I have right now.......

4 plates at a buffet to 1 now maybe a half plate or less. The hard thing is... you WANT the food... You are full very quick and even though your gut is saying stop... that tastebud in the back of your mouth is saying MORE, MORE, MORE! if you comply with the taste bud... you regret it almost instantly. The food will come right back up or get stuck until it disolves....... I am still new so take the advise of the veterans.... they say that you get used to it and I believe them. It only takes eating the wrong thing once (maybe twice) to curb your craving for it.......... stopping on the side of the highway to expell a tortilla gone wrong is NOT pleasant!

Sorry, this has nothing to do with your question.

Tracy, I love those before and after pics!! Is there a place on this board where other people post the same thing? You can see such a difference!!!!!

Linda

I agree with Jachut, I still feel that full sensation. I just eat a whole lot less. When you have good restriction you will know.