Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hands in the cookie jar????

Winter weather is rearing it's ugly head here... tis coooooold! I've been trying to keep my hands out of the cookie jar by quilting and so far it's working by gosh!

I'm like a little kid wanting my drawing put up on the fridge... I'm still a newbie at quilting but I'm proud of my latest quilt! It's warm and soft and cushy... just like my man. :D

post-203959-13813131487656_thumb.jpg

Whoops... must be a little too proud... that's a doggone big pic! Maybe this one...

post-203959-13813131489631_thumb.jpg

Darcy - That's beautiful! You are very talented! I need to get my crocheting back out again. I have been working on an afgan for a loooooong time, I have it the size of a king size bed top now, just want to make it a little bigger so it will hand down the sides. I never have time to do it though. I love homemade quilts! You rock girl!

Darcy: I love that quilt. My grandmother used to do quilting all the time. I would sit in the quilting room with her and listen to her sing hymns and sew all the time. I was in heaven. She is gone now years ago. But this quilt brings back those memories and I want to thank you so much for that. It gave me the warm fuzzy I needed. I can just hear her say, "Baby, git up off yer butt and quit feeling sorry fer yerself. God don't give you mor n you can handle." So thank you thank you thank you.

If you ever want to sell that quilt let me know.

That's beautiful, Darcy. Isn't it great to see a finished product!? You should be very proud.

You scared me for a minute with the title of this thread. Hand in the cookie jar....who ME?.....I thought you had that new spyware on my computer! :D I'm going to get busy like you are and keep my hands very, very busy. I haven't lost in 2 weeks -- the one pound can't count if it came back, right?!? Time to make changes. :D

I'm so happy you are doing so well. You are a shining example for me.

That is a beautiful quilt; I love your color choices. I like to quilt too and usually just do it in the winter as I garden in the warm months. I have about 2 acres of perennials so it is a relief this time of year to be done with the outside chores and can focus on fabric and sewing and crocheting. I know this will be a godsend in keeping my mind focused instead of just thinking of food and what I can eat next as I start my journey this winter to health after banding on 11/30. Your quilt got me to thinking about digging out my stash of fabric. I had a dear friend who used to say whoever dies with the most fabric wins. She died and had a ton of fabric -- she won.

Thanks for your inspiration of the quilt and your example. Sew on Babe. Show us more as you go along and will do the same if I ever can figure out the digital camera. :-) Don't be looking too soon for my finished quilts. HA. Take care, Theresa Marie

Darcy, that's beautiful! What pattern is it? What type of stitch joins the pieces together? So you're not only beautiful, but talented, too! So who got dibs on it --dear hubby or dear daughter?

Very cool -- just think, you (and Theresa Marie too, before long) can make quilts from the scraps of clothing you've outgrown!

Awww...thanks guys!

Betty and THeresa... that's why I am so excited about this quilt... because I actually finished it...lol. Actually... with this pattern... you have to finish it. It's a rag quilt and you make the little quiltlets with the batting sewn in them and then sew it all together and snip the edges. It was a fun pattern and flannel is my favorite material!

Becky... LOL... I DO have spyware that connects DIRECTLY to your ENTIRE kitchen! I never think of myself as an inspiration to anybody... so it tickles me to be yours! You... me and Theresa Marie... together at a bandster quilting bash... be there... or be square. :D Leatha... you can come and make sure the WILD quilters behave themselves!

Penni... Sweetie... I am so glad if I did anything to make you feel even and eensy bit better! I know what you mean about Grandma's... mine was such a comfort to me... she was soft and cushy and I still remember being rocked by her. Of course... she also turned me into a little porker... but I still love memories of her! You are going to be okay Miss Penny because you have all of us here to love ya and help you through!

Marie... when I started quilting 2 years ago... I had never touched a sewing machine and or needle and thread... so not sure if I am answering your question correctly? The quiltlets are joined with a straight stitch and a one inch seam... the seams on are then snipped in 1/2 to 3/4 increments. When you wash the quilt all of those cut seams fray and curl... I think it is an awesome look and I want to keep it... BADLY... but... I am going to give it to my dear Momma for Christmas. I am just finishing up on a second one that is for my step-daughter. As long as I give them away... I can rationalize the expense of the hobby..right? :D

Zoe... AWESOME idea! I NEVER thought of that!!!! Lord knows one pair of pants could nearly back a quilt...hehehe.

Leatha... I KNOW you have at least one creative bone in there... maybe your surgeon saw it with your last surgery??? Ask him... I bet he spied it in there!

Okay... off to sew now that it is almost 4AM. Insomnia and quilting go hand and hand!

DArcy

Well for this being your first quilt you did an excellent job! I too love quilts just don't sew them. Wish I did sometimes it would be a lot cheaper than buying them! My outlet is painting and scrapbooking. But they don't keep my hands out of the cookie jar. Boo Hoo, maybe I should take up quilting...

Hi Lisa... tis not my first quilt... tis my first "rag" quilt but I have two other unfinished quilts awaiting my attention as well... hmmm... the rag quilts seem to be the only ones I finish...lol. I finished another one this morning!

Off to the cabin I go...

Darcy

Lord knows one pair of pants could nearly back a quilt...hehehe.

Hey, Darcy, if you actually decide to make a quilt from oversized castoffs, I've got just the trousers for the backing -- we're talking California King size!

LOLOL... Zoe... I think you betta save some of that material for Marie to use for a towel. :) I know whatcha mean... I have enough material in my old clothes to blanket the state of Wisconsin!