Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

48 hour pouch reset?

So those who read my post the other day know I'm new, was sleeved 4 years ago Nov 2nd. However I've had some regain. I was thinking of trying this thing I read about in obesityhealth.com.

A lady posted to the site as forums what she calls the 48 hour pouch reset for the who have regained or feel slightly out of control or simply for those whose weight loss has slowed or they're not feeling the resistant of their sleeve and want to feel like they did at the start.

Basically on day 1 your just thong through a pure liquid diet, reaching your Protein goals through 4-5 Protein Shakes sided throughout the day as well as Water, tea and other calorie free liquids with no carbonation.

On day 2 you repeat but only having 4 of the 5 shakes and then for dinner sit quietly and mindfuly while you eat a dinner that consists of nothing but 3 to 6 oz of grilled or broiled chicken with very little to no seasoning.

The whole point of the dinner is to take your time and remember what it was like room there beginning as you see retraining your brain to take those small bites, to chew the chicken to mush before swallowing and cutting off another bite. This mindful excersise, along with the 2 day liquid diet is supposed to allow you to gain a new insight and fresh start into going back to basics and also with the roughly almost 48 hours of nothing but liquids it's supposed to give you back that feeling of restriction from your pouch if you haven't been feeling it lately.

Has anyone actually heard of this...let alone done this little protocol? I'm curious to try it myself because if you're going to go back to basics why not go back to the beginning and remember where you really started from?

I can't across a post hear recently about a five day punch reset that was simply a redirect to buy a book off Amazon but I had to assume it's the same theory/protocol...or pretty close...only it's 5 days and not 48 hours.

Anywho...just wanted to see if anyone has done this or done their own version in some way to get back on track and back to basics. I'd loved to start this on Saturday for my fasting shake days so Monday I'll be able to pack my meals for work/school.

Actually I have no problem with the protein fasting and look forward to it. I used to go on fasts at least 4 times yearly for spiritual\health reasons but ever since the surgery I never picked the habit bank up. But as long as I'm getting my macros I don't see the problem.

So anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments on thi little experiment. I'm interested to hear from those who may have tried it as well.

If you want the full program details you can just go to obesityhelp.org or google 48 hour bariatric pouch reset and it should pop up with the full info. Look forward to hearing from you guys! Anyone else integrated joining the experiment? ????

I am almost two years out and I decided to do the 5 day pouch test. I am currently on day 3 and have lost 4 pounds already. I got pregnant a month after surgery and never really had a chance to take full advantage of my sleeve. I still lost 130 lbs, pregnant and all, but I have 30 to go and found myself slipping into bad habits again so I wanted to get back on track! I'd say it's working!!!

post-253526-14450451696365_thumb.jpg

I found a lot of ppl doing this one in my other groups

I was sleeved almost 4 years ago and noticed I have been slipping to the point of 30 pounds. SoI have doing the 48 hour pouch reset as well.

The way it was read to me was only the Protein shakes for day 1 (5) and day 2 (4) and then chicken 8oz on the plate. And then.....life starts over.

I was so upset with my gain I called my Dr and was even considering being resleeved. So I go to the Dr on June 13th so this is day 2 and I really feel good. Even smiled after getting on the scale this morning!

I need to get back to losing weight . Its been so for me to slip back into old habits. I can eat all the bad things with no issues but when I eat veggies and or meats I throw up. I need to get back to basics. Please help with anymore suggestions.

Sent from my 306SH using the BariatricPal App

I would check out http://www.bariatriceating.com/ they have a link to getting back on track and I've heard several people say there were very successful in losing what they've gained back and also help in getting back on track

Edited by perfectlyimperfect44

Been doing some research on the pouch reset. Did you end up doing it and did it work. I had surgery almost 4 years ago and got pregnant within the year of having it and was fine until the baby was born and then I started getting back into old habits and bad eating. I haven't necessarily gained weight. Had the abdominoplasty about 8 months ago and would like to still loose more so I am wondering if the pouch reset would work to get me back into Bariatric Eating habits and get me feeling satisfied sooner which is what I've read.