Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have I totally mis-read this or are you REALLY being serious?

Seems like you did the surgery for all the wrong reasons. Bummer. Eat what your supposed to because starving yourself is going to make you sick.

Sure, you can simply not eat, and eventually the weight will come off. However, if you decide starving yourself for the sake of a pushy boyfriend works faster than the diet plan proposed by your doctor, nutritionist, nurses, and medical team (you know, those folks who do this for a living and spend countless years in school, training, and field experience), expect to enjoy the following along with a dip on your scale:

Thin, dull, lifeless hair

weight lost from your muscles, the things that keep you toned/firm rather than simply your waistline

diarrhea

anemia

weakness/fatigue

depression/apathy

bad/blotchy/rash-covered skin that loses it's healthy color

loose teeth

abnormal menstruation

circles under your eyes

deficiency of potassium and Calcium, the electrolytes responsible for muscle function and HEART FUNCTION

Loss of ability to recognize dehydration and hunger

This is not what you want. If you are starving yourself because some guy wants you smaller, you need to seriously step back and re-evaluate your life. If you had a daughter or best friend who was doing the same thing even if it wasn't for a man, what would you tell her? To knock it off and do it the healthy way (which is also the way that produces the best results). Don't go for short-term results at the expense of serious long term problems.

why not do it the right way and learn a healthy way of living. You can't starve forever and look good.

Girlfriend! No no no no! You can NOT allow a man (sounds more like a manchild) to dictate the size of your body.

We all did this surgery to

1. Get fit

2. Get healthy

3. Feel more confident

4. As a tool to aid in weightloss

5. To feel better about ourselves

And the list goes on and on and on.... I bet if you told your doctor the reason for the surgery he/she wouldn't have agreed to do it.

This man clearly doesn't care if you are healthy. Which is concerning. And it seems you aren't too concerned about your health either.

Now ask yourself this. When you start losing your hair and teeth is he still going to be there for you? When your breath stinks and you have a rash all over your body is he going to still love you? When you lose your muscle and can't walk/get out of bed is he going to take care of you? When you become infertile because your body is too weak to carry a child will he still be faithful to you? If you answer yes to all of the questions above then by all means continue on. But if there's any doubt in your mind that he won't stick around then do the right thing.

I'm 2 months most op and have lost 30 pounds. I eat whenever I was I just make sure to keep it healthy. I even sneak in some wine here and there (shhhhhhh) If you use your sleeve as a tool you will reach your goals in no time! Just be patient, be realistic and don't be too hard on yourself. And for the love of God drop that man like the bad habit he is!

Maybe you should see someone. That sounds like an eating disorder. Your not usIng the amazing tool you were given. You are abusing yourself. Please talk to a doctor.

Dump that BF! If he doesn't love you the way you are he is not worth the time of day!

Wow. There is so much wrong with your post. "Can't do too much harm."? Everything you posted is about self-harm.

You need at least 64 oz of Fluid and to follow your NUT and surgeon's program.

I would even go so far as to suggest that you make an emergency appointment with your psych, NUT and surgeon first thing tomorrow.

I truly hope you aren't living with your boyfriend and also recommend you not be around him until you at least talk with your psych. Maybe he is is just clueless, but to me he sounds much more destructive and controlling than that.

Best of luck, but unless you make some major changes right now you are in for a whole lot of trouble.

I read through a few of your previous posts. You ate fried chicken the day before surgery and you've already tried alcohol when you aren't even a month post-op. Now you think starving yourself is the way to lose the most amount of weight so you can make your boyfriend happy?

You need to go see a psychiatrist. Like now. Please. You are making so many stupid decisions that can hurt your body permanently or even kill you. I think you don't realize how serious this surgery is...

you posted here to get at least one person to agree with you, which I don't...

you know the right answer...

I eat right and exercise daily. Five to six days a week I get in over 60 minutes of aerobic exercise. The other day my husband surprised me by asking me "what's your hurry?"

I didn't realize that my new healthy way of living looked like a "rush" to him. After thinking about it for a day or two I came to the conclusion that I am rushing. I am anxious. Extremely anxious. I have been overweight and unhealthy for over 30 years. I have been blessed with this new tool that is giving me my life back. I want to use it as much and as efficiently as I can.

That being said, I use this tool by taking care of myself. I feed my body with nutrients to keep it energized and to keep my brain alert and functioning properly. I exercise my body to keep it running efficiently so that it will carry me where I need to go.

Yes, we got this surgery to "lose weight," however, as we go along on our journeys we come to the realization that it is so much more than that if we are smart about it. It is an opportunity. An opportunity to finally know our true selves. To come out from hiding behind the fat and show our worth to ourselves and to the world. Where we were afraid in the past, now we are brave.

You need to be brave and make smart decisions for yourself. Don't let someone else put a price on you. Know your worth and be confident enough in yourself to do what is right for yourself.

I read through a few of your previous posts. You ate fried chicken the day before surgery and you've already tried alcohol when you aren't even a month post-op. Now you think starving yourself is the way to lose the most amount of weight so you can make your boyfriend happy?

You need to go see a psychiatrist. Like now. Please. You are making so many stupid decisions that can hurt your body permanently or even kill you. I think you don't realize how serious this surgery is...

What you said!

How do some people get approval for surgery is beyond.

I hope the poster finds the help she needs. When her hair and teeth fall out due to not providing her body nutrients maybe that will be the aha moment she needs. But I hope it doesn't come to that.

Silly me! I thought we had WLS to learn a new, healthier way of living and eating.

Seems like this post is about all the old, negative and in the end, unproductive ways to try to change our bodies and our lives!

Sigh... Hoping the OP sees some sense in eating light, exercising and drinking 64 oz or so of water... Otherwise.... Seems unproductive in the long run????????