Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone,

I am going to be banded in August by Dr. Coburn and the obesity clinic in Mississauga, ON. I am exited and nervous all in one. I am hoping this experience will be life changing and will allow me to get on with my life.

Can anyone who used him/his office let me know of they're experience? Is there anything you liked or disliked? How is the staff after the sugery? How do you find him and the staff.

I had my surgery on June 20th (two weeks ago) with Dr. Cobourn at the Surgical Weight Loss Centre in Mississauga. My experience with him as a surgeon and with the clinic itself has been very positive. He was very informative during the consult, and very warm and supportive the day of and since the surgery. All of the staff that I have encountered (especially on the day of the surgery) were very caring, helpful, approachable and responsive. I was kept fully informed throughout the whole process, and the physical setting and the attention that I received on the day of the surgery from the nurses and the doctors (Dr. Cobourn and the anaesthiologist) helped to make it a much less painful and scary experience than I expected.

I actually had some extra complications leading up to the surgery, because my pre-op ECG three weeks before the surgery date indicated that I might have some heart trouble (turned out to be a false alarm). Dr. Cobourn and the nurses at the clinic were really helpful and proactive in getting me in quickly for some further diagnostic tests, letting me know my possible options, and keeping me informed when the test results came back. The followup since surgery (including my post-op checkup this week) has also been terrific, with quick responses to any questions that I have had.

I really highly recommend Dr. Cobourn and the SWLC - I hope that you have an equally great experience!

Hi there!

I also had Dr.Cobourn and I am so happy with the entire experience. Right from the get go it has been all positive! He (Dr. Cobourn) has been terrific, his staff has also been wonderful and today I had my second fill with the Dr. he trained here to do fills for his patients, I have to say he was almost as fast as Dr. C and the fill went great!

The clinic is also beautiful, lol I wanted to move in! I am pretty sure you will be happy with your choice. lol and the Optifast is pretty good too!

Congrats on the best thing! I don't regret getting the band one bit! It is changing my life for the better every day!!

Whew...I am wiping my brow...thank you all for the positive feed back...I am doin gmy surgery on August 7, 2007. I could of gotten a date of July 18....but I am a chicken lol....I know the place is amazing...it is one of the reasons why I went there...presentation says a lot to me....I did find him to be quite nice as well.

:)Dr. Cobourn did my surgery 14 months ago on April 18th, 2006, and another surgery this past January to remove some scar adhesions (not due to the banding but because of several past operations.) I am down over 100 lbs. and the man is awesome! He has called me when I have requested him to and seen me in the office and emailed me personally when needed. Yes he sends his own emails personally! One of my friends who was banded lives on the BC sunshine coast and he personally emailed her to let her and other patients out there know he was going to be in Victoria on the Sat. morning and available to do fills or just to meet and talk about any concerns. He was there training more nurses and doctors to do aftercare fills and unfortunately she couldn't make it to the island but she was very impressed!

Dr. Cobourn is an excellent surgeon!

Donna

VBG/87 Revised To Lapband/06

251/148/125 goal

Just to echo what other have said here, all of it is true.

I found the personal touch provided by Dr. Coburn to be great. Honestly the best Dr. I have ever been treated by.

You wont regret having the lap-band, especially with SWLC.

Andrew

I was banded by Dr. Cobourn in May 2007. From pre-op to post-op Dr. C and the staff are excellent - very professional, supportive and exceptional at what they do. I was very pleased I chose them for my lapband surgery.

There are many excellent clinics and surgeons out there. It sounds like you have done your research Sweetforlife so restassured you have made a great choice.

:whoo:

Hi Andrew,

I see you got banded in Feb.07 and you lost alot of your weight .......what is your secret or your Daily Diet. I am also a patient of Dr. Cobourn's.

Sweetforlife - I was banded in Feb of this year by Dr. Coburn. Very positive experience both pre and post op with the clinic, staff, etc. I know 3 other people who were banded by him and he is our lapband guru. Great person and doctor for sure. You can't go wrong with his clinic. I have lost nearly 50 lbs. and would do it all over again if I had to. You'll never regret this surgery. I did regret not having it done sooner though. :clap2:

Hi Sweetz,

I am sure you will be happy with the clinic and all the staff I had Dr. C's sidekick Dr. M. They both get rave reviews and so do the nurses that will be doing your fills. Your band date will be my 36th wedding anniversary so I think of it as a lucky day.

Good Luck and best wishes.:whoo:

Hi sweet,

I am also getting banded by Dr. Cobourn on August 7th!! I am in at 8AM...what time are you in at?

Maybe we will cross stretchers at some point! LOL:)