Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did any of you give yourselves makeovers after reaching your goal? Do you dress a lot different from how you use to dress?? I keep imagining how I'm gonna dress once I make it to goal. I'm not talking about cosmetic surgery, but just updating your wardrobe, changing up your hairstyle or even wearing makeup and jewelry now?? I find myself trying to dress a little better now, even though I still have a long way to go with my weight loss.

Oh yes. I'm wearing stylish clothing instead of drab and ill fitting clothing. I wear dresses to work all the time now. I look good in dresses again...and not like someone's fat little grandmother. I wear heels again! No more ugly flats...I can wear adorable shoes now and have bought tons of them. I wear makeup again...I got a new haircut...and I have so much fashion jewelry that I needed to get another jewelry box for all of it. I never leave the house now without makeup and at least earrings.

Huuuge change from when I was obese.

I sort of changed after I lost weight. I fluctuated a lot in my 20's (I had surgery at 29) so I had my skinny clothing, which is somewhat close to the style I wear now, and then I had my fat clothing, which were dark, loose fitting clothes. When I finally hit goal I found that I bought, and still do buy, a lot of clothing that I would never have worn when I was fat- partly because I couldn't have fit into it and partly because I believed that if I was fat, no matter what I wore I would never actually look good.

Now I wear skinny jeans and tight tops, a lot of dresses, a lot of business professional pants, jackets, and shirts, and a lot of heels. I wear makeup when I'm going anywhere that matters and I always include jewelry. I feel like I can be attractive now and wear cute clothes without anyone thinking I need to spend more time on the treadmill and less time putting makeup on the elephant. Past that though, I have no problem running to the grocery store without makeup in jeans and a t-shirt and as soon as I get home I change into pajama pants and a tank top. My inner bum is still alive and well, lol.

I want to make myself over as a go. Even now, I'm not a frumpy tent wearer and I don't want to frump it up as I transition either. My clothes cost me a bundle, but I like the style. I'll cut them down as much as feasibly possible before they look ridiculous and then move on. I want to redo my hair too, but I'm hoping naively probably, that I won't lose any substantial length off my hair. The fact that my hair is super ridiculously thick gives me hope. It's taken me years to grow it out and I'd like to keep it, but style it up somehow. Maybe go a different color or something.

So, years ago I had therapy to deal with my weight issues. One of the best things I learned was how to love myself even being obese. I threw out all my frumpy clothes. I put a full length mirror in my room so I could see how I was presenting myself to the world. I shopped for styles that made me feel good about me, regardless of cost. I got into make upand am pretty Dam good at applying it! I've kept my look together for years now, so I'll just keep up what I've been doing, having fun with more options in clothes to buy!

As far as hair goes, embracing my (semi) baldness leaves my able to try tons of styles of wigs, or go with none at all.

I definitely dress differently, I'm wearing colors for one and not just black. I also started wearing, heals, consistent jewelry and make up. At least at work. I work in a school and so have been off all summer.

I'm far from goal but yes. I wear button-front blouses now that they don't gap when I sit down. I wear skinny jeans. I wear rings and bracelets. I cut my hair to shoulder length this month and love it. I replaced my makeup foundation with a simple sunscreen and powder and I look younger for it. I wore a dress for the first time in a decade or more this spring. Bought a pair of heels too. My advice is don't wait for goal. Do it now.

@@leag78

Before surgery I never made the effort and could not find things that looked attractive. If it fit was the only thing that I worried about. I did the same routine with makeup that I have done for years.

With a new body and face I was forced to do a makeover. ;)

I love youtube video makeup tutorials. Its been so long since I took the time to put on makeup. Its great to get tips on new products and how to put it on correctly. Even ways to get different looks.

My hair issue is still there. Hope it grows back. I use topix to hide the thin areas to the gym and work.. I have worn extensions. My hair is very thin and the clips have started to show.. .. to remedy the situation I bought a lace front wig. I wear it to give my own hair a break. Husband loves it. Making the best out of it.

Shopping for clothing is an addiction. Bought an evening gown to go out on a special date with my husband. Great workout gear. I feel comfortable in jeans again. Just wish I had some booty. I bought a pair of Victoria secret slacks for work.. A bathing suit. Heels I cant get enough of.

If I can get these veins taken care of on my legs I will probably wear skirts again. I am scared it will hurt though so I haven't even gone in for a consultation.

Now, 92 pounds skinnier, I wear:

More color and less black

Tighter clothes

More casual clothes

Fewer suits

Belts

Higher heels

Cuter shoes of all kinds

Better bras

I also:

Grew my hair longer and straighter now (a short, cute cut 10 years ago had morphed into the "church lady" -- ugh!)

Wear more neutral lipstick

Take better care of my skin

Moisturize my body more

Spend LESS (not more) money on clothes (big sizes are expensive!)