Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What weight for regular size clothing??

Kim2b --

I see you are going to Vegas in October. Have a great time. I was there in April and had a great time as always. I hope to be able to go again next year and NOT ASK FOR A SEATBELT EXTENSION on the PLANE...WHOOHOOO. That will be awesome.

Are you seeing any good shows?

my goal was to shop in thrift stores--after all if they are worn,they have already shrunk!! Last week I went to Villiage Discount (AMVETS) here in Chicago...bought size 18 and al fit--6pr slacks (tommy Hilfinger/jones oif ny/and talbots reg) and 6 blouses....xl/1x--very loose!! I am 5'7" and 240lbs--banded 13jun,2006 loss of 103.5 lbs so far...never ever thought it would happen!!

I think of it as Lane Giant. :)(

I am thrilled, I actually bought a size MEDIUM today!!! YEEE HAWWW!!!!

Size medium, I haven't been a size medium in years.

Lane Giant can kiss my back side!

Bear in mind Australian sizes are smaller than American. 16 is our largest "normal store" size by and large and that's a US 12. I hit that size at about 185lb at 5ft 10. Anything over that and I'm doomed to plus sizes. And one of my goals was never ever ever to buy ANYTHING in My Size again (one of our major plus size stores) and since the day I was banded I havent.

I am 5'4" and at 230lbs I was wearing size 20-22W pants. I think I got to the point that most of the weight was going to my butt!

I think at 180 I was able to fit into regular 16s. At 151-153lbs I am comfortably in 10s.

I am 224 right now and wear a size 18 and a few 16s (if they stretch). I am 5'6".

we are the same weight and height and I'm wearing 18's to and a few 16's if they stretch, too:biggrin1:

we are the same weight and height and I'm wearing 18's to and a few 16's if they stretch, too:biggrin1:

You know I am actually the same weight I was when I graduated high school but I am smaller than I was. I actually put on my prom dress the other day and it was a little bit too big. Just goes to show anyone who thinks exercise does not make a difference that it actually does.

Right now I am 5'3 and I weigh 215 pds. I wear a size 16 or 18 petite in Laura Plus (I'm Canadian) and an x or 1x for a top. When I was 190 pds I still needed plus petite for pants but an xlarge in tops. I love all the lovely clothes in stores that don't cater for plus sizes. I can hardly wait. I'm getting banded Oct. 5. I'm excited. I never never want to ever go back to plus size stores again. I am not going to buy anything until after losing weight with banding. I don't even look in clothing stores anymore as I'm confident that it would be a waste of money. I always used to shop after summer for next year and buy up all the sales but not this year. :clap2:

Oh, Jacqui -- Am I glad they make larger sizes in regular womens here!! I'd be shopping in the fat lady store forever if I lived there! Last time I weighed 150 (my goal) I was in a size 12. Oh, I want to be rid of those fat lady stores sooooooooooooooo badly!! Maybe just another 5 or 8 pounds to go!! I think I need to plan some sort of BIG celebration when that day finally arrives.

I am getting banded end of july and am really excited to ditch all my plus clothing!

Terridoodle - do you have a labradoodle or a goldendoodle?

I am stuck in the middle in the pants department. It's a pain. The 18 in the plus size are way too big. The 18 in the misses are tight. I don't have any pants that fit me right.

As for tops, I wear a large in misses not plus. I am 5'2" and I weigh 173

I never want to shop at Lane Giant ever again! I am 5ft9 193 and wear a 14 and a L or XL shirt . No more 22-24 or 2X or 3X. I was there too long. And I always wore a size 10 shoe now it is a 9- 9.5.

I was able to wear most "regular womans" clothing when I got to 207#. I was surprised!

I'm a 14 pant (12 is really tight) and XL top.

I think the sizing is more generous than 13 years ago before I gained all this weight