Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't just talk the talk..I have to walk the walk. Between a new relationship and my trip to London, I've put back a few pounds. I'm not going to go crazy thinking about the weight I've gained or worry to death about taking them off...I have the tool and frame of mind to do so. But in order to be accountable, I revised my ticker to show my current weight and not my lowest weight.

I wonder if Alex can provide a means of being able to show the fluctuations we in maintenance go through. I think it's important to see not just those who regain all or much of it back, but those who gain and lose throughout.

I remind myself that even naturally thin folk don't maintain the same weight all the time. I'm pretty sure that if they see a gain of a few pounds, they don't panic..they just do what needs to be done to shed those pounds and go about their business. I for one am trying to do just that. I expect to revise my ticker as those extra pounds come off.

Yup. Real life. Put a little on. Take a little off.

:)

How was London? I hope you managed to get the sun rather than the torrential rain we have had recently ;)

As for the gain, you are right back on track and you will get there!!

Hugs

Kate

How was London? I hope you managed to get the sun rather than the torrential rain we have had recently ;)

As for the gain, you are right back on track and you will get there!!

Hugs

Kate

London was fantastic. I had a great time. Only one day of torrential rain. Otherwise, the weather was very cooperative.

So true. We're in this for life, and life has its ups and downs. I can't go crazy over five pounds, but in order for it not to turn into ten or a hundred, I have to stay honest with myself.

I think no matter how long we have been on maintenance or our ideal weight, we will always worry about going back to where we were. I kinda panic if I pick up a few lbs. I have learned that it doesn't mean I will get back to my highest weight because I do have a tool if I pay attention to it. Anyone who has been obese will forever be extra aware of any lbs we might gain. I live in fear of being that unhealthy, unhappy woman of 3 years ago. I am determined however to stay on track and not lose sight of why I had lapband surgery in the first place. Liz you have done great and I commend you for being responsible and aware. Glad you had a wonderful time in London and I loved your photo's. I am getting ready for my trip to Alaska and am hoping I don't gain too much on that darn cruise ship. I am planning to eat as healthy as possible, but I want to enjoy my trip.

What pix? I'm missing your trip to London! Assuming you had a fabulous time.........and do t worry about a few vacation pounds. Cream teas, yikes.

As for tickers, I need to adjust mine up a few -- and meanwhile I've been in the process of signing up for emailing with my medical professionals. What is the front page? "Home?" Me, my weight and I. Eeek. No matter what I weigh I will never want it that visible.

I'm right with you bandista I need to put more pounds. Sigh. On my ticker

The TT and flu had me my lowest since high school. Wonderful while it lasted....

Back to the set point I have been at for over 7 years. Being realistic , but still aiming for it again.

Seems like normal life to me????

I applaud you, gowalking. I think it's important to acknowledge the current reality, whatever it is. I was tempted to leave my ticker at 110 lbs even though I've lost a bit more, because I'm getting embarrassed by my low weight. But I know that putting my head in the sand is my modus operandi and I don't want to do that anymore. That's how I ended up regaining more than 120 lbs a decade ago. No matter what, I'm going to be honest with myself (and you guys).

What pix? I'm missing your trip to London! Assuming you had a fabulous time.........and do t worry about a few vacation pounds. Cream teas, yikes.

As for tickers, I need to adjust mine up a few -- and meanwhile I've been in the process of signing up for emailing with my medical professionals. What is the front page? "Home?" Me, my weight and I. Eeek. No matter what I weigh I will never want it that visible.

I posted some pics in another thread. Here are a few of them. I had a great time. It was a wonderful trip.

post-142630-0-32532300-1438140392_thumb.jpg

post-142630-0-49609000-1438140538_thumb.jpg

What fun! How cool it must feel to be so physically active and capable. Love your pix. :)

I just love that you went to London and went bike riding there. Can you imagine any of us doing that on vacation pre surgery? I'm going on a four day mini trip with my girls this weekend and we are going to hike a lot. Hike! Me! On purpose!

I just love that you wen to London and went Nike riding there. Can you imagine any of us doing that on vacation pre surgery? I'm going going on a four day mini trip with my girls this weekend and we are going to hike a lot. Hike! Me! On purpose!

No hon, I'd never have believed it. I still pinch myself...and get angry that I let so many years pass by while I did nothing to help myself. I know...we can't cry over spilt milk but I swear I'll never put myself in that position ever again. Enjoy your hike...I'm doing an urban hike on Sunday. Going walking across The Brooklyn Bridge with the family. Another experience I wouldn't have been able to do pre-surgery. I've never walked across any NYC bridge before but we figured why not start with the most iconic bridge of all. It's just over a mile long and these days, I can do a mile without breaking a sweat. Pretty good for someone who was almost wheelchair bound. Take pictures from your hike..I'll take pictures from the bridge. I bet I'll get some good shots of Manhattan.

@@gowalking ... I feel just like you.

What a miserable life I had just prior to WLS.

What an amazing difference from my life today.

Why would any of us risk going back to that hot mess?