Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2015 Gastric Bypass

Hey everyone!! So I haven't been on here but got news...as of September 29th I am officially waiting for insurance approval which who knows how long that will take. Hopefully I'll get to have my surgery in October but I dunno. We have to do an 11 day prep sooo that'll help decide it.

@@MrsYoungblood I so hope you can get in this month but if not it will still happen.

I know I just don't want to effect Thanksgiving for my family

Good morning .... I had surgery 10.19 at 730-am and so far so good. I actually had a hernia repair as well. Pain is manageable and only really feel pain when getting up. I've been using the bathroom like crazy. I've walked 4 times that evening after surgery but had a hard time stay up...... Gas pains I don't know what that is lol makes me want to ask if they used it cuz I haven't had any lol. I do have a hacking thing going on cuz it feels like something is in my throat.

So I'll update as I feel more comfortable and up to it. Congratulations to the rest of you guys going in the rest of this week

Good morning .... I had surgery 10.19 at 730-am and so far so good. I actually had a hernia repair as well. Pain is manageable and only really feel pain when getting up. I've been using the bathroom like crazy. I've walked 4 times that evening after surgery but had a hard time stay up...... Gas pains I don't know what that is lol makes me want to ask if they used it cuz I haven't had any lol. I do have a hacking thing going on cuz it feels like something is in my throat.

So I'll update as I feel more comfortable and up to it. Congratulations to the rest of you guys going in the rest of this week

@@sweettooth2015 are you still in hospital? I think I saw you today.

Date getting closer. Not losing like I should on preop diet. I don't know why. Haven't cheated at all. Most I'm getting is 600 calories. You'd think I'd be losing.

Had my procedure 10/13. Be thankful for not having the gas pains...They suvk. Overall felt great after 2nd day. 10 days out 11 pounds down...Good luck on your journey. ..

@@395Ron How are you doing? We got the letter from your wife in the thread "anyone having surgery in Oct." about your complications. I sent her an e-mail but I bet it went to her spam since she doesn't know me because I haven't heard from her. Hope you are doing better! Miss the positive attitude from you!!! today is the last day of our October List of People! We had a total of 110. I think soon I will be spending more time on the Post surgery forum. Let me know how you are!Praying for you!!!

How is everyone doing? October feels like a life time ago now in some ways. So many changes!

I am feeling great, losing steady, and learning that this really was the best choice I've ever made for my health.

~Elizabeth