Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Weeks Post GB. Doing TOO Well. Nothing Seems To Make Me Sick.

So, I'm 15 days from my surgery.

I haven't lost any weight in the last week.

And nothing seems to bother me. I'm eating soft foods, but have also had little bits of regular food here and there with no issue.

I guess I expected it to be a more drastic change.

Here's what I can eat now:

Jello, two eggs mashed up into egg salad, mashed potatoes, hummus, yogurt, pudding, Soup (including egg drop soup), cottage cheese.< /p>

The only thing I threw up was a piece of meat that I didn't realize was mixed into an egg omelet.

But otherwise I feel like I'm still consuming a lot early on, and not really losing weight.

It's really early to "plateau," but I'll continue to monitor any changes in weight. I may end up becoming the first bypass patient to gain wait before hitting the one month mark.

-_-

Maybe they gave you a slightly larger pouch than average...? From what I read, 2 eggs sounds like too much to be able to consume. IDK - I haven't had the procedure yet.

I would just try to eat the way your supposed too. Unless it is because your hungry? Are you hungry?

I plateaued after week 1. I felt like it was because I was tolerating food so well and started each phase early. My NUT told me yesterday that an early stall is very common and nothing to worry about. He said just to make sure I am getting above 500 cals a day (I'm at 800-900 and he said that's a good number).

I also felt like I could eat more than a lot of people here. The consistency of the food matters. When I was on soft and puree I felt like I could eat a lot. Now that I'm eating normal foods I get full extremely fast.

I wouldn't worry yet if I were you - just move through the phases and give yourself a month to start losing as I've heard a lot of people stall early on for multiple weeks. It's been three weeks and counting for my stall.

Good to know @@sarahbee . I also did so well I started phase 2 and 3 a few days early. Some days I feel like I had no surgery. Other days I'll get cocky and eat something that'll remind me I did. For example, when I realized I could eat mashed potatoes, I tried to eat half a perogie. The inside was fine, the shell was a no go and messed me up for the day.

@@India928, I don't feel hunger in the usual sense, but then again, I never did before my surgery either, because I was always eating lol. Now hunger in the typical sense (growling stomach, hunger pangs) feels impossible, but I get the urge to eat based on my body craving nutrients, so it's a little different than hunger. For example, I need Protein. Every time I walk by an egg I go to eat it. But I have no desire for, say, chips.

The more pureed or mushed the food is, the more I can eat. If I don't pulverize an egg, I can't eat two. I tried to eat a hardboiled egg by chewing furiously and was only be able to eat one. The yolk was dryer than the egg salad, and the consistency was too big for my stomach to handle another one. But two eggs mashed up wasn't bad at all. So it seems to have more to do with consistency than mass. At least at this stage.

Edited by gbveteran4d

I was the same way and at about 10 weeks it all changed. My pouched tightened up and I'm at about 4-6 oz depending on what I eat. Just work on getting in you Protein and Water. They are most important.

Same here. I've stayed at the same weight since 1 week after surgery. I'm 21 days out now. So frustrated. I don't know whether to lower the calorie intake or raise it. Or just be patient and wait for it to kick in.

How can I not be losing?

Unwound also add to eat very slow. I set a timer to make sure I wait 1 minute in between bites and as I suspect I might be getting enough I may space that out to 2 minutes. And watch the clock and stop eating no more than 30 minutes from start.

Ok so I am pre op my date is August 4th for the bypass one question is how many times do u guys eat a day ? The normal 3 or more?

I usually eat 3 meals,2 Protein Shakes, coffee in the morning and if I feel like a snack dill pickles really help! Crazy I know but it's the crunch and all my Water ofcourse.

I didn't lose in the first two weeks but I have really focused on Protein and that seems to have really helped. I also increased my walking time and that helped. I am in pureed phase and I have found if I eat Protein first then I don't really have room for mashed potatos or jello/pudding. I will say I tried sweet potato and it made me sick right away, but I think I took too big of a bite.