Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a bit concern

So two days a go I was 3 months since I got sleeved and yesterday and today I haven't felt the same restriction I was feeling the last 3 months so I'm concerned to over eat and gain the weight I have lost already :( ... Is this normal after 3 months?

The swelling will decrease after surgery. The best thing to do is weigh and measure your food, eat Protein first, and get in all your protein and Water and you should be fine.

Cool thank u!

Hunger is often thirst in disguise. Make sure you haven't backed off on your Fluid intake.

I've noticed my restriction can vary some from day-to-day. Some days I can just eat more than others. But it has LOT to do with WHAT I'm eating as well. Dense Protein definitely triggers my restriction much more quickly than anything soft or carb-y.

Good to know!! I know I can always count on u guys for support!!

I can have two scoops of rich creamy ice cream, but have half as much beef and rice.... Like they said, eat the good healthy food first in main meals.... You will fill up faster and feel the restriction.

Drink plenty of Water between meals.

Have a very small portion of sweets once a day ONLY if you are DYING to have some. Otherwise, skip it and have some nuts or fruits

Edited by Soma

Everybody has their own way of managing their program. I'm a year out, and still haven't had ice cream. Oh, okay, I had one taste of it on my birthday, but it was from someone else's bowl. Still trying to figure out what does, and most importantly, what doesn't work in maintenance. I figure I've got the rest of my life to do that, so there's no rush to add back my "slippery slope" foods until I'm sure I can control them, and not vice-versa!

Everybody has their own way of managing their program. I'm a year out, and still haven't had ice cream. Oh, okay, I had one taste of it on my birthday, but it was from someone else's bowl. Still trying to figure out what does, and most importantly, what doesn't work in maintenance. I figure I've got the rest of my life to do that, so there's no rush to add back my "slippery slope" foods until I'm sure I can control them, and not vice-versa!

Sorry to be a bit off topic, but I just discovered Artic Zero ice cream. It uses Monkfruit as a sweetener and it's high Protein. Some falvors are better than others. The chocolate Peanut Butter was bland but I liked the salted caramel. I don't think it tastes exactly like ice cream, but a good flavor hits that sweet spot craving for ice cream. I find I can eat a serving without binging.

Sorry to be a bit off topic, but I just discovered Artic Zero ice cream. It uses Monkfruit as a sweetener and it's high Protein. Some falvors are better than others. The chocolate Peanut Butter was bland but I liked the salted caramel. I don't think it tastes exactly like ice cream, but a good flavor hits that sweet spot craving for ice cream. I find I can eat a serving without binging.

Those look yummy! And only 35 calories (5 sugars) per serving, or 140 per pint (20 sugars). But I'm still a chicken when it comes to sweets. Would an okay choice like this lead to a not-okay (for me) choice like Ben & Jerry's? In time, hopefully not. A few fried calamari haven't led to a plate of french fries. But I'm still taking baby steps...

My surgeon and NUT both told me to fill up on the lean Protein first - eat between 3 and 5 oz and if I've had 5 oz and I'm still feeling hungry, then eat veggies until I feel full.

That seems to work well for me. I can tell when I'm feeling full which is really satisfied and not overstuffed.

I tried a bite or two of ice cream and thought it tasted awful. It was sickeningly sweet. I'm liking sugar free fudgesicles and popsicles a lot more that regular sweets.

My surgeon and NUT both told me to fill up on the lean Protein first - eat between 3 and 5 oz and if I've had 5 oz and I'm still feeling hungry, then eat veggies until I feel full.

That seems to work well for me. I can tell when I'm feeling full which is really satisfied and not overstuffed.

I tried a bite or two of ice cream and thought it tasted awful. It was sickeningly sweet. I'm liking sugar free fudgesicles and popsicles a lot more that regular sweets.

That's my program too, @hockeyfan7. Oh, and since I clicked the link to the Arctic Zero ice cream, I'm now getting sidebar ads for Klondike bars. Thanks a bunch, @@BLERDgirl!!! :angry: ;-)

Hahahahah