Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein powders and shakes

What Protein Powder do you recommend? I'm hoping to find a tasteless powder I can mix with water/crystal light/etc. I've been doing Protein Shakes, I have whey Protein that I mix with skim milk, and some of the Atkins premade shakes, but I'm not crazy about them. Any ideas on brands of powder? What's in your favorite Protein Shake?

I'm using Syntrax Matrix in the strawberry Cream and Bananas & Cream flavours.

If you use a little less watr than what they recommend, the flavour is quite good.

23g of Protein and 115 cal in each serve..

I have 4 or 5 per day

It doesnt leave a lot of room for food, but with the other supplements I'm taking plus a few vegetables, I'm getting all the nutrition I need and, more importantly, I'm dropping weight.

I'm approaching my first big goal of 50 kg (110lb) lost by my birthday (Jul 18). I was sleeved Feb 25.

Wow!!! That's so awesome, congratulations. Keep up the good work! I had RNY on June 8th. Just starting to get back into my normal schedule and working out. Lost 20 so far but I can't wait to start seeing results. Thank you for the Protein tip!

Premiere Protein chocolate flavor - 30 grams of protein; 160 calories 1 gram sugar and really tastes good.

I just purchased a sample pack from powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. ill post my opinion once it arrives and I try.

I'm a pretty big fan of Isopure. You can't beat all the additional Vitamins and minerals, plus the 50 grams of Protein per serving. However, I got tired of paying so much for my Protein Powder every month.

Although I was weary of buying Protein Powder from Wal-Mart, I decided to give Body Fortress Protein Isolate a try. It is less than half the price of Isopure and has 60 protein grams per serving. Plus, it contains three kinds of protein (soy protein, milk protein, whey protein isolate) that are time released. It keeps you full for a good 5-6 hours. The taste is tolerable and it actually takes me 3 hours to finish a serving. However, it is a Protein Drink that I'll probably stick with for quite a long time due to its benefits.

I am really picky about Protein, cannot stand that taste.

I love Premier Protein which can be purchased at costco or Sam's. chocolate is the best flavor but strawberries and cream is not bad either.

This week I tried Syntrax Nectars, the grab and go pouches. Fuzzy naval is absolutely delicious mixed with Water, vanilla bean torte is great mixed with milk and caribbean cooler is excellent too. I have mixed that one with both milk and Water and it is great either way.

I would recommend giving them a try.

My Dr recommends Biochem whey Protein in the unflavored variety. This is great in Soups, yogurt and in Crystal Lite. I buy it through Amazon. 1 scoop is 20g protein/90 cals.

Yep Syntrax, Nectars, some great favs if you like crystal light, is they make a lemonade flavored mix, as well as a iced tea, both go great with crystal light blended in, or together, 100 calories 24 grams of Protein ( i put a 1/4 scopp extra in mine to bring it up to around 30 grams of protein.if you like you can watch my taste test videos which i have done and are here on site that will show a lot of different Protein mixes including many of the Syntrax nectars and sweets, the syntrax naturals( new product) will be coming soon.

You can buy sample packs of Matrix and Nectars.< /p>

I tend to use Matrix vanilla. I can mix in frozen no sugar added mangos, peaches, berries or fresh now that they are in season. Add banana. Add SF Hershey's Syrup, SF DaVinchi syrups. They come in fruit flavors or I went for caramel, brown sugar/cinnamon, gingerbread. Caramel with the vanilla is my favorite. Hubby likes the brown sugar/cinnamon one in the vanilla.

You can add Peanut Butter or PB2 to either the vanilla or chocolate shake. I make mine with milk for the extra Protein. Hubby also likes the Matrix Peanut Butter Cookie.

While I love fruit I generally do not like fruit flavored things. I liked all of the ones from Nectars and Matrix that I tried. Orange Cream, strawberry Mousse, strawberry Kiwi. The Cookies and cream was good too.

I liked the Premier shakes well enough until I tried Matrix. There was no going back for me.

I'm a fan of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder (whey isolate). Love the chocolate splendor, vanilla, unflavored, and chicken Soup. The strawberry is good, too, but best when mixed with SF lemonade. The chicken Soup comes in real handy for lunch while at work, and when I get tired of all the sweet shakes. I experiment with different concoctions using SF Torani flavored syrups and other ingredients. They guarantee their product, so if you don't like it, they will take it back. I like it so well I'm on their autoship program.

I've also used some of the Syntrax Nectars. Fuzzy Navel is great and the coffee flavor is pretty good. I'm still working my way through the samples I ordered.

In years past, I did experiment with other Protein powders and found them quite lacking. It wasn't until a little more than a year ago that I learned the difference between the whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate. I find I do much better using the whey protein isolate (Unjury and Syntrax) in terms of hunger control and carb cravings. After about 2 weeks of using Unjury for Breakfast and lunch, I realized that my craving for carbs, i.e. Pasta, had subsided almost completely. I still do not crave carbs like I once did.

One thing to keep in mind is that your Protein requirement is the sum of the Protein that you consume from meals combined with the protein from protein supplements (such as Protein shakes and protein bars). Therefore as your meal volume increases, you have the option of consuming high protein meals and reducing the amount of Protein Shakes that you have to consume each day.

I went from 3 shakes a day, down to 2, down to 1, and then to zero, as I was able to eat 65 grams of protein from my meals alone.

I used muscle milk light (vanilla cream) powder and blended in a half a banana with Water. But everyone has different tastes, so therefore experiment until you can find something that you can tolerate.