Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For real guys I thought I would not make it through surgery. The nurse assured me that I did not have any high risk factors that would cause me to think that so I went through surgery and it was all good. So much so they kicked me out in 24 hours. Gas pain was not that bad but I do feel it. The largest cut hurts like nobody's business but I notice the more I walk or challenge it the better it feels next time I move or turn that way.

I'm really not hungry i am more nauseated than anything.

So glad that your recovering so well. You are a trooper. Just keep sipping and walking that gas off. you know what to do. Remember everyday will get that easier. The more hydrated you become the better as dehydration can csuse you to feel sick. Dont over do it just eat what you can. The main thing though is to keep hydrated so i wouldnt worry too much about not getting in all the peotein or calories at this stage. But good luck with your journey.

I was glad to stay 2 days and it was what I expected. Today is day 3 and I am home. First day with pain but meds will help when they kick in. I too was scared i would not make it through surgery but my surgeon told me he had never lost anyone or had serious complications. Still, any surgery has risks so it is great to be on this side of it. Now, getting used to being back home, trying to keep the puppy from jumping on my stomach and remembering to keep drinking those 1 oz cups of Protein. I had thought I'd get a lot of work done during this time at home and brought home work from the office but so far my attention span is not letting me do more than respond to emails and on here. So be it!

I also got sleeved yesterday. This has been much easier that I thought. I know they gave me a pain med In recovery, but since then I have only taken Tylenol. I only had 4 incisions so that is probably in my favor. I got home this afternoon and a taking it slow. Took a nice nap this afternoon. I am trying to get down an orange Protein shack now. Hopefully with some protein in me I won't feel so sluggish. Good luck all!

I took a nap today too -- and I am not a napper. Carbs will also help you feel less sluggish. And it is hard to not feel sluggish with all that surgery Fluid still in our bodies! I'm eager for that to go away since it is so uncomfortable. But overall this is so much better than I expected. How long are you taking off work? I was planning to go back on Wednesday, 1 week after surgery but now I'm wondering if I will have the mental focus and energy required. At lest my job is not physical.

HealthyJudy - I had my surgery on Friday and I took all next week off. I have an office job but I do get up and down a lot. But with the two weekends I'll be 11 days out before I go back. I think that will be fine for me. Right now I am having trouble getting Water down. I force myself to take a couple of sips every 15 min.

Would it help to sip Protein or gatorade rather than Water so you get some nutrition? I'm doing fine with liquids but am aching today. Went back to bed for awhile and that helped.