Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A-May-zing Bandits July Challenge

How's everyone doing with the challenge?

I have finally been able to make progress on the exercise portion, but am still struggling a bit with 64 oz of Water a day. I never used to have trouble with that, but now, with no drinking with meals or for 45 minutes after meals, I find it more difficult to get all the Water in! But, I'm making a concerted effort to get succeed at this!

If only I could say the same for eating. :) I have not dropped a pound since my first fill and am so frustrated. I have been grazing in the evening because I never feel full. I know it's just a matter of another fill (or two, three, ....), so hopefully by the end of the month things will get better.

Things have also been really stressful at work. That doesn't help with the food (I'm a stress eater!), but luckily it has helped with the exercise which has been a great stress releaser!

In any case, I hope others are doing well on the challenge. I see some tickers changing quickly and others (like mine) more slowly! Let's all keep up the good work. We can meet this challenge!

Margaret

Hi Margret,

I seem to just have the opposite problem...I am getting way too much Water in...LOL I seem to have a bottle with me all the time. I am doing pretty good with the exercise, been biking and walking, and the first week after the fill I was loosing, now this week...IM STUCK ON ONE WEIGHT!!!

it is real frustrating and I seem to want to eat more than I should....like 2 chicken breast instead of one.....but than it goes right through me(which has happened on some of my walks) NOT GOOD!!!!

We have bad habits, and the band is only a Tool, not a fix all solution...I keep telling myself it will get better....can't wait for that too happen!

Keep up all you are doing that is positive, and make daily adjustments to your diet....it will get better...

Hi All,

I just got back from vacation so I am catching up. I was very concerned that I would gain during vacation (since I always have) and I still do not have a fill.Well I got home and ran straight to the scale.....not usually the first thing I would do when I got home from vacation but life is different since the band and............I lost a pound!!!! I am sooo happy! I know that a pound is not that exciting but it was a pound in the right direction. I cheated a few times like real butter etc. but I did exercise everyday. It made me so happy that I am going to get on the treadmill now!

Small scale victory!!!!

Still not getting in enough Water but I am not going to admit defeat!

I have a doc appt on Thursday, hopefully my first fill!

Keep up the good work and keep us all posted.....

Where is everyone......how is the challenge going? I have been good with the exercise but not with Water. Went to the doc but did not get my fill, we decided to wait it out.

Hope all is well with the amayzing people!

HI everyone,

I haven't posted in a while. We had company come into town and that keeps you busy.

Needless to say, my exercising has not been the greatest these last 2 weeks. I have been great about the Water though. I went for my first fill yesterday. I can feel a difference. The most exciting part is that I still lost 7.5 lbs.

That brings my total to 47 lbs. since May 21st. I am down 2 sizes, too!

I feel great, but really need to get back to the treadmill.

I didn't meet that challenge this month with exercising. I'll try harder next month.

Take care

Melissa.(MPatrizzi).

47# WoW you go girl !!! You are doing great Congratulations!!! I didn't make the challenge either but August is almost here and we can redeem ourselves. LOL I too drink plenty of Water. But I'm still hungry. I have 1cc in my 4cc band. May I inquire as to which band you hqave and how much of a fill you have. I don't go for another fill till middle of August and I'm gaining weight back. Yuck. LOL anyways keep up the good work.

Good Luck Sheila

Melissa.(MPatrizzi).

47# WoW you go girl !!! You are doing great Congratulations!!! I didn't make the challenge either but August is almost here and we can redeem ourselves. LOL I too drink plenty of Water. But I'm still hungry. I have 1cc in my 4cc band. May I inquire as to which band you hqave and how much of a fill you have. I don't go for another fill till middle of August and I'm gaining weight back. Yuck. LOL anyways keep up the good work.

Good Luck Sheila

Thank you!!!

I have a 4cc band, too. However, I didn't even ask how much they put in it. I am not sure it's enough though. I feel some restriction, but nothing like right after the surgery. I think I am going to call on Monday and get in next week again.

Can't you call your dr. and get an appt. sooner? You are doing a great job. Remember that if the fill isn't helping you are doing this all on your own. Don't beat yourself up or dwell on what you are doing wrong, today is another day to start over again. I would definitely call and get in sooner though.

Take it easy

I did it!!! Hit day 20 on the 24th. Hope to hit 25 out of 31. Worth the work.. Keeps me happy.

Congrats! Way to go!!! I have not been very good, but, have started walking, AND enjoying it, which for me is a huge step. If it would just cool down here, it is 85 at 6AM still, that makes it hard. No excuses anymore. You are a terrific role model. I hope we extend this for next month and I hope more of us are as successful as you. Keep it up!

Got 24 out of 31 days done. Got a little slack at the end. Going to bump up to at least 45 minutes a day to qualify in August. Thanks for the push.

4RE4ME you did a great job!!!

I only made it to 19 on the workouts but the challenge did help me start moving.....should we continue for August? Any suggestions on a new challenge.....you should start this one!

Well I an going to up it to 45 minutes at least 2o days this month. I am off to Ireland in a few weeks so should be plenty of walking opportunities. Hopefully most of them are not back and forth to the pubs.

There is a website President's Challenge that you can track your Physical activity on. I am hoping to reach 20,000 points be August 31. I am now at 15103.