Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A-May-zing Bandits July Challenge

Well, I finished my first day of the challenge. I jogged for about 15 minutes then did a fast walk for the other 15.

That's a lot of Water, too! I did it though. Still working on my last one.

We should all give ourselves a BIG pat on the back for the first notch completed in our goal.

Well today I completed my challenge. Actually part of the challenge. I didn't drink the 64 oz. of Water today but will make it a priority first thing tomorrow morning. My dh and I went for an hour long moderatly intense walk tonight. I managed to download some upbeat motivating music that kept me going. 2 miles of walking never felt better. Tomorrow's workout will be riding my bike for 2.5 miles and drinking my 64 oz. of Water.

One more thing, I had my first fill on June 25th, (3 cc - not sure how much my band will hold). All I know is that I have the AP band but not certain if I have the small or large. I'll ask the nurse the exact size of my band on my next fill. Stay tuned for that! :) Anyhow, I have yet to feel REAL restriction. Anyone else feel like this. Also at my first fill, they weighed me and I have not lost a single ounce. I'm very discouraged. Honestly, the only thing stopping me from overeating is myself. I mean, I can feel the food going through my band but it doesn't really stop me from overeating. Starting to wonder if this thing is really going to work for me. Any advice???

Ok, I am a day behind on posting, but I finished day 1 of the challenge with getting more than the 64 oz's of Water and I rode for 4.5 miles. I am planning on walking this evening at least 2 miles....

Everyone is doing great....keep up the good work!!!!!

I'm in. Loving it so far.

ragdollx19, I have a ipod nano and down load books from audible.com its my life line while walking and working out. I didn't want the video because when I walk I like to take in the ladscape. Just my opinion.

SJ

Wow, two days of the challenge done. Everyone is doing so good! Have I got the exercise thing right, is it 20 hours for July, or 20 days for July? I'm sure it doesn't matter, either one would work, just want to be on the same page. Having this challenge is the best, it is really a great motivator. Thanks everyone.

Cindy

Ok, I did not get in my walk for monday, because we ended up staining our deck...we worked outside for 3 hours......I know that counts as exercise in some way?????????????

My scale actually MOVED YESTERDAY FIRST TIME IN OVER 2 WEEKS!!!!!

I didnt add yesterdays Deck staining to my exercise thing, but I know I did it, because my arms hurt...LOL

:paranoid

Well, I can handle the exercise.....but not the water!!! The closest I have come is 40 oz!!!! I used to drink all my fluids with my meals and I cannot do that anymore! Oh well, I will keep trying!

Metal--if you add Crystal Light to-go packets to a .5L bottle of Water at least the flavor is different and it goes down a little bit better! The cherry pomegranate is YUMMY!

Keep exercising everyone! WAY TO GO A-MAY-ZING BANDSTERS!!

Metal--if you add Crystal Light to-go packets to a .5L bottle of Water at least the flavor is different and it goes down a little bit better! The cherry pomegranate is YUMMY!

Thanks for the tip.....I need all the help I can get. I will give it a try!

Absolutely, Crystal light is all I have been drinking. I hope that is ok, because I really have a lot of trouble getting the Water in otherwise. Isn't Cherry Pomegranate the best? Love it!! Next is their raspberry iced tea.

Keep up the great work. PS 64 oz. sure is alot to drink, I'm in the bathroom constantly! People are gonna think I have a problem. LOL

Cindy

I'm so bummed! It was in the 90s here today, 97 for Monday and Tuesday. I've never been able to tolerate the heat and so I certainly won't be getting my walking or biking in for the next few days.

:flame:

Guess I will have to go back to the Gazelle or, heaven help me, the dreaded sit-ups, lunges and squats! I can also do some weight training I guess. Just seems so much more pleasant to be outside.

Ah well, enough whining. Better find those weights! LOL

Hey All:

Great weekend. I have been on the July Challenge and it has really been the kick start I need. I only missed one day out of 8 so far so well on target. Weight is finally moving.