Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a good list to prepare

I want to make sure I am prepared for my families needs besides my own. The list of what I can consume and the vits I will need along with ice packs or a recliner to rest in postop I know. Im thinking of stuff like, is the laundry caught up and whose making dinner all next week? (I ho Monday 6/8)..... etc.

Good luck on your surgery. You may need to lay back a little and let others step to the plate for a while.

I'm 2 weeks away from surgery ( :o) and I have been working on making freezer meals for my husband. To get us through the liquid phase of my diet (3 weeks) I've made easy things like lasagna, casseroles, etc. that way, I don't have to be involved with food prep at all: my husband can just pull his meals out of the fridge or freezer and microwave/bake.

As far as once I have entered the puree/soft foods stage, I also have some high Protein, low carb freezer meals prepared that just require me to pull them out, dump in the crockpot and cook on low all day. Then I can just puree my portion in a blender, and my husband can enjoy his non-pureed portion.

I'm also planning to clean my house from top to bottom and make sure all laundry is clean/folded/put away the night before surgery. That way I come home to a clean home, all meals prepared, and I can focus all my energy on recovering.

Being prepared is key to WLS success! My first tip for you is one you can take with you to the hospital ... take ear plugs and an eye mask to sleep in. They made my night's stay so much better. I didn't need any ice packs or my recliner when I got home and my liquid go-to was Premier Protein shakes (30g each) and warm creamy Soups. Day 15 I was put on soft foods and where I am now. My most favorite food is my Magic Crust Quiche! It's moist, delicious and goes down so well. It takes about an hour to prepare but it yields 12 portions, so you have 12 meals you can heat in the microwave in 1 minute. This leaves me plenty of time to prepare my husband and son their meals. Best of luck on your WLS. It's the BEST thing I've ever done for myself :D Here's my quiche recipe:

Magic Crust Quiche - Ham

Ingredients

2 cups 1% Lowfat Milk

1/2 cup All-purpose flour

5 large eggs

3 slices Sargento 2% Reduced Fat Pepper Jack cheese slices (cut or torn into small pieces)

3 slices Sargento 2% Reduced Fat Swiss cheese slices (cut or torn into small pieces)

1/2 cup Sargento Sharp Cheddar or Mexican 4 cheese 2% Reduced Fat Cheese shreds

7 oz Deitz & Watson uncured applewood smoked ham diced small

1/4 cup Cooked red bell pepper diced small

1/4 cup Cooked Vidalia or sweet onion diced small

Preheat oven to 350˚. In a blender or NutriBullet, mix eggs, milk and flour until blended, season with salt, pepper or whatever you’d like. Pour into a bowl and add all cheeses, cooked veggies and cooked meat. Stir to combine and then pour into an 8”x8” or 9”x9” square glass dish. Bake for 60 minutes. Let stand 5-10 before serving. You can add whatever cheeses, veggies or meats suit your taste. The small amount of flour firms up the sides and bottom making the “magic crust” while saving tons of calories. The Nutrition Facts are based on recipe above. FYI - the heavier meats, like ground beef, tend to fall to the bottom. Serving size is approximately 2”x2 1/2”

Nutrition Facts

Servings 12

Per serving:

Calories 121

Protein 12g

Fat 6 g

Cholesterol 94 mg

Sodium 239 mg

Potassium 123 mg

Total Carbohydrate 7 g

Sugars 2 g