Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August folks out there? I'm Scheduled for August 10.

HI Marilyn,

Thanks for updating the list. How can I access it? I am interested in finding others who had an Aug. 1 Banding date?

Trish

Well, tomorrow is my day! I spent most of today on the phone fighting insurance with last minute troubles (ugh - we thought it was all handled last week) but, THANKFULLY, at the last minute, it all came together again.

I am chillin' with my son playing ToonTown (he's lovin' it - so am I) and trying to stay distracted now!

August 21, 2007 is my band day. My new birthday to become a new me. I am so excited. Having no trouble with the 2 week post-op. Just counting down the days.

There are 15 of us being banded tomorrow, August 15. I have decided that is a very good omen. Thanks for everyones prayers and encouragements. Hopefully, I'll be back on line soon. Scared but excited.

Marilyn:notagree

You are absolutely right! It must be a good omen. It's so exciting. I'd also like to thank everyone for their kind words of encouragement! We are the only ones who know exactly all the emotions we're going through. Family and spouses may try to understand but they have no idea. I'm so excited, scared...and starving!Good luck everyone. Mahalo

Hey everyone!

Thought I'd join all of you in the August banders! My surgery is 8/23!!

I started my low/cal-low/fat and exercise routine and have lost 5lbs since Monday! My husband is doing this with me......hooray! It's not as difficult for me to cook for the kids when someone else is enjoying an evening of non-fat cottage cheese and carrots!

Aside from you starving how are you feeling? I'm somewhat nervous about the immediate days following surgery. I play sand volleyball and start bowling on Sept 8th. My doctor assures me I might have to sit out the first immediate week after surgery but I should have no problem bowling. (I do throw a really light ball)

Aside from you starving how are you feeling? I'm somewhat nervous about the immediate days following surgery. I play sand volleyball and start bowling on Sept 8th. My doctor assures me I might have to sit out the first immediate week after surgery but I should have no problem bowling. (I do throw a really light ball)

I'm feeling better. Like I told someone before-I couldn't wipe myself for about 3 days. I don't know if anyone else will admit that but I know I never had that problem with any of my other surgeries. I was sore for the 1st few days. My surgery was 7 days ago today & I feel pretty good. I was really gassy at 1st in my shoulder & all over. I was told to raise my arms above my head & also to walk as much as possible-that did help. Also, a neat trick I learned was to keep your stomach covered when you 1st come home & shower is to put glad press & seal. Works great!! I am now able to sleep on my side & partially on my stomach. (I'm a stomach sleeper but also have a sleep apnea machine too, so I'm trying again to at least get partially on it. ) I only took my pain meds for like til I could wipe myself. About 3 days. The reason I did this was because they said the pain meds costipate you & I didn't want to go thru that but it wasn't too bad, just sore. Anything else, feel free to ask. Good Luck!!!

What I would do for the gas is bend over the side of my bed with my stomach resting flat on it and apply just a little pressure and slightly rock back and forth. It also helped to have someone rubbing my back while this happened.

I got my surgery in Mexico and contracted Montezuma's revenge... talk about complications with not being able to wipe! I was in and out of the bathroom every half hour. Ick!

Finally that's over!