Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekly progress reports!

Hi guys!

Thought it would be interesting to start a 'progress' thread for all us UK bandsters!

Not a weight log, although you can put it on if you want to.... more of a record of our banding journeys.

The highs and lows and the bits in between!

I'll start the ball rolling with my account of the last week!

My ankle is finally pain free and no longer swollen, which can only be a good thing... now all I have to do is motivate myself to get back into the cardio part of my fitness routine!

Food intake this past week is creeping up again, with an average calorie intake of around 1300 calories a day... which doesn't sound too bad, but has been enough to mean that I've gained this week!(0.7kg) :cryI can't bring myself to put it into my ticker just yet, but if I'm going to track my progress then I ought to track it honestly!

I've got into my size 20 monsoon trousers (there much smaller than my other size 20 trousers from the same shop... why is nothing the same cut!:)) this weekend, despite the gain, so all is not lost....

I really must book my fill today or I'm afraid that my target for Australia holiday will be a wash out at this rate!

So plan for this week.... Make healthy choices with my food all week. Eat 1/2 an apple before meals.... (it will stick in the band and make me satsified with less at meals) Stay away from meal replacements... I need something to satisy my appetite, not make me feel deprived! Get back on the cardio wagon and start making progress in that direction!

On the employment front, I need to chase a couple of jobs I've applied for and if they're going nowhere, then I need to apply for others.

On the home front, I have a bit of tiling to get done while the weather is horrid!

Well that's me for this week, what about you?

For Me I have been really naughty on the pre op diet and have until next Thursday to get it sorted. It is only following health eating so I dont know what my problem is. I am really p*** off with myself.:(

Right other then that I have house work, looking after my nan who has altezmiers (Dont know how it spelt) which I have been doing for 1 yr now since my grandad died:cry so I gave up working london to care for her. She is like a child. This mor we had a row as I was taking her to her day centre and she pulls out a pair of pants from her hand bag rolled up:omg:. I told her to leave them in the car and I would take them home, She was having none of it and started some story about people taking her earings of when she was asleep, mad anyway I have a few more hours until I have to get her so im chilling.:)

Hello everyone.... not a good start to updating myself. I've not been too good. I needed a fill and put it off and put it off. Mainly because it was such a nightmare the first time!

Well I managed to pluck up the courage and it was as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it's done now and I don't have to worry about it for a while at least!

My weight has stayed the same for some weeks now, mainly due to me not concentrating on putting good things into my body, and having reduced restriction!

So we're back on track from today with me concentrating on only putting good things into my body... you know the 5 -8 portions of fruit and vegetables. 60g of Protein per day etc etc....you know the drill!

I'll keep on going!

Good luck Anon!

I have had a fill last week and feel a little better about things. My restriction is still not perfect but certainly much better than it was. All I have to do now is eat good things and hope the weight starts falling! Not much then!

Hey anon

I am was in exactly the same position as you. I have totally lost my way (mainly down to the fact I have needed a fill for about 3 weeks but have put if off as I had a wedding on Saturday) The wedding is now over and I had a my 3rd fill yesteday. I now have 5.5ml in my band so Im hoping its going to give me the restriction I desperately need. I now plan to be 100% and work with the band to get 4 st off by xmas - big target but Im gonna see what I can do.

Well I have just completed 2 of my 3 weeks of pre surgery diet. First 2 have gone pretty good as I have been having mostly Protein Shakes along with other Protein basically no carbs. It hasnt been easy but I have to say that I have been 95percent good. This last week I am going to do Liquid Protein shakes only, wish me luck as I know I will need it. I know if I drink enough of the shakes it keeps me physically full it is just the head hunger which is the killer. I leave for Belgium on th 16th for surgery on the 18th. I am excited but also very nervous. I am 53 years old and very overweight so the worry of surgery for me is at times overwhelming but...I know it is for the best. No matter what happens I can't carry on living at this weight. I have lost 2 stone the past 3 weeks and I just need to carry on with it.

Hello all! Have had a mixed up week. Been very good i portion but not always very good in food (we had 2 birthdays at work and the sweets were far too tempting!). Still I have lost 3 pounds since my fill so I feel pretty good about that!

I will try and be good for the next week and put the right food in my stomach! Starchie foods seems to do the trick at the mo as I have enough with 2 meals a day that way and do not feel hungry at all! So that might be the way to go for the next week.

Will see and update you all next week.