Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 22'nd Gastric Bypass Buddies

I was hoping to see if there are others who had surgery this day to see how everyone is doing and where we all are at in our healing process.

I had a great recovery while at the hospital, came home and had a rough few days being home. Now I am better than ever. I feel phenomenal.

I love that. My close family and best friends can already notice a difference. It helps me mentally to do go harder and longer the next day for my walks. Can't begin the gym till this Thursday.

Surgery day: 228 lbs

This Morning: 205 lbs

I'm so thankful for this journey.

@@JasonB, how are you?? Where have you been. I hope your OK. Thinking of you.

OMG! you lost 23lbs in less than 2 weeks! You are doing awesome! I hope I get those kind of results too...

Lol, thank you! Everyone loses at their own rate. Some a good amount and some not so much... I am sure I will be nearing a stall soon as I have lost a decent amount... I am mentally preparing myself for it now. I am extremely active since the minute I could walk at home and was taking in enough Protein so I wouldn't pass out. Since day five I've been doing all my house cleaning again, cooking, laundry, groceries, walking twice a day for at least 30 minutes, taking my girls to the park every other day running after them, up and down my stairs inside and outside... I try to log at a minimum of 5-6,000 steps a day. My goal is to reach 10,000. I'm confident this has led me to achieve a higher loss in a relatively short amount of time.. I wish you luck. Keep me updated. When is your surgery.

Edited by KalelsWifey

Lol, thank you! Everyone loses at their own rate. Some a good amount and some not so much... I am sure I will be nearing a stall soon as I have lost a decent amount... I am mentally preparing myself for it now. I am extremely active since the minute I could walk at home and was taking in enough Protein so I wouldn't pass out. Since day five I've been doing all my house cleaning again, cooking, laundry, groceries, walking twice a day for at least 30 minutes, taking my girls to the park every other day running after them, up and down my stairs inside and outside... I try to log at a minimum of 5-6,000 steps a day. My goal is to reach 10,000. I'm confident this has led me to achieve a higher loss in a relatively short amount of time.. I wish you luck. Keep me updated. When is your surgery.

It sounds like you're doing awesome! My surgery is May 18 and I can't wait! I've been doing a pre-op diet and as of today I've lost 17.8 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks! I took a picture of me each and my face has shown a huge difference. It's not as chubby anymore. I love that!

May 19, instead of the 18th. Sorry!

Isn't it incredibly exciting. I wish I took a 'selfie' daily to see the progress... I have my day of surgery pic and then two weeks prior I will take one in two weeks, I think every month I will for the next year.

Congratulations on your surgery date. It's the best decision I've ever made.

That was 9 days post op.

Morning of surgery, left... 9 days po, right.

post-237774-14309201602479_thumb.jpg

@@rebecca920 Thank you so much! I'm feeling great. Even better tmrw when I get these darn staples out and can start jogging and lights weights. My mother's day gift, new exercise equipment!! Who knew last year that, that's what I would be so excited about this year lol.

Beautiful! What a difference just a few weeks make.

I had a mini bypass on 4/23, the first few days had gas pain and no energy. Went back to work Tuesday still no energy, 11 days post op ended up in the ER with severe dehydration, a UTI and pneumonia in both lungs :( Today though only two days later, I feel pretty good! Must be the difference being hydrated can make! I'm slowly slowly adding things to my diet, right now I have Protein shakes, yogurt, pudding, Jello, a few cream Soups and as of last night small amounts of cottage cheese. I weighted 185 the day of surgery, i was 173 this morning.

My surgery was on 4/27. Went for my 2 wk post op visit today and lost 14 lbs since surgery. But I am not able to get in the required daily amount of protein yet. I am doing well with liquids~70oz, walking ~5000 steps, but the protein is a problem. hopefully I will lose more once I start getting the required protein.

Edited by dbat