Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHAT FOODS GETS STUCK or give you problems?

I had my 1st coffee drink yesterday, to treat myself. It had been since early May since I'd had caffine. Headache hit before I was 1/2 done and is just now starting to go away. I reallized after I dropped the caffine pre-op how many of my headaches were related to caffine, if I didn't have enough or too little. Next time I think I'll treat myself to a de-caf!

I do have a Mocha protien drink almost every morning, not alot of coffee flavor, but it's nice iced or hot. I'm surprised, I don't really miss it that much :car:

Hi !

Thank you Sue11 for responding. I was wondering your "mocha" drink is it homemade or do you purchase it?

I am excited about going through with this procedure, but I am concerned how I am going to handle the desire to want food I can't or should not have. I am trying to "renew" my mind to want to eat healthy and exercise. I have all the reasons to want to change, it is my brain I am fighting with.:car:

new2tch

new2tch...

It's always a mind battle, but if you remove the tummy hunger from the battle it's so much easier to fight the head hunger. Jump in with both feet and make the decision it's going to work!

The Mocha drink I use is Champion Nutrition (I get it on ebay) and it's really easy & quick in the AM. I like to add sugar free syrups (favorites are English Toffee & Ameretto) to my drinks for a little variety.

I have to say that I can't drink anything cold either. People always look at me strangely when I am in a restaurant and I ask for Water with no ice. In the morning, when I take all my medicines, I take it with hot water.

I've heard that many banders have to start with warm liquids in the AM, you wake up tight & loosen later in the day.

I've also heard many say ice Water makes their stomach spasm and tighten down, I prefer room temp or slightly cool water too, not big on the ice.

OMG! Nearly everything gets stuck and gives me pain. I can't eat any solids in the morning at all. The worst offenders are as follows

any bread, dough, anything made with flour really sux for me

chicken breast

pork chops

steak ( except for an expensive cut like a filet)

mashed potatoes(even with gravy)

boiled eggs. The whites are the worst.

Hamburg (even the tiniest well chewed bite)

Pasta usually gets stuck, but sometimes works for me if cooked to mush, but then why bother when it's that mushy eewwwwee!

sushi rice sux, I'm in agony until I finally get it up (YUCK)!

As you can see, the holidays are pretty much of nothing for me.

Things that I can eat

the chickens dark meat

spare ribs if not dry

Soups

crackers

yogurt

lowfat tortilla chips with salsa

steamed rice

almost all veggies if cooked

crunchy things go down good most of the time

no sugar added fudge pops 45 calories, and a great treat when i'm craving chocolate.

Homemade baked hotwings

sausage(although I hardly ever eat it because it is fattening)

kielbasa(same as sausage though)

cooked cabbage

I don't know, I don't have a wide range of solids that I can eat, so I still drink my Protein shakes everyday and take my Calcium chews and Vitamins to make sure I'm getting what I need.

It seems that I'm a sucker for punishment though, because every now and again I try to eat the repeat offenders, and am always wishing I hadn't. When will I ever learn? I'm getting a little better though, I wait at least a month before I try it again LOL!

Well there you have it folks, the long list of delicious foods I have to plan my meals with (NOT)! lol

It sounds like you might be a little bit too tight. If you lose a little bit more weight, you will lose fat around your stomach and you should loosen up a little bit. There were foods I couldn't eat right after a fill for a few weeks, that I can eat fine now. We need our meat!

It's been five weeks since surgery and I was wondering what I was looking forward to being able to eat besides soup/broth. After reading what everyone said gets stuck, I don't think there is anything I can eat. Are you ever able to pick up a sandwich at the deli and eat it. Or will I be eating Soup forever?:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches