Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I obsessing to much?

Hi Friends,

I am so happy to have this forum for many reasons...to read, agree/disagree, share, and VENT. Since I have decided to have WLS, I have been working hard to get my appointments scheduled/moved up. Make the right decisions for me and start preparing myself for my new diet, eating habits and changes that are needed for my new life path. This Journey is new to me and I want to learn everything there is to know to be successful. I feel that I may be thinking about WLS all the time. I have a busy work schedule, mom of 2 and a serious relationship. I have only decided to tell my boyfriend (who is 100% supportive), my son who is 19, two close and personal friends. One who recently survived breast cancer. They tell me that they want to know about my process every step of the way. I feel sometimes I may talk about, brain storm or think about WLS too much. They have no idea how much I don't share with them about it. Neither of them has told me to "put a lid" on the weight loss talk, I just don't want to make them feel that it may be too much at times.

Just wondering who else in this journey newbies or veterans who have WLS on the brain 24/7???

hi there

Too me, it looks like you are trying to be well informed about a major surgery and a new relationship with food. Nothing wrong with that. I think it's great.

Well it's much better than the opposite. I think way too many people jump into this without doing any research or even reading materials given to them by their surgeons office.

AHH! I have the same problem! Seriously trying hard not to, but I called the surgeon's office today with a question and they said "do you even have a surgery date yet?" Um no I don't but my last nutrition visit it Friday and then they will file with insurance so I am assuming surgery date by June, right? I felt stupid for calling. It's only the 2nd question I have asked (and the 1st one was just calling to find out results of sleep study and make sure I didn't need a CPAP - I did not...) My question today was about stopping estradiol. I had a hysterectomy Oct. 2013 and am on hormone replacement. My endocrinologist told me last week that they would take me off estradiol temporarily due to potential of blood clots. That will put me in to instant menopause, so I wanted to know for sure if they were going to do that so I could call my OB/GYN to see if there was another solution (topical cream, etc.). Anywho, with the response, I felt like I was over-obsessing. BUT FYI, it is WAY better than it was in January when I first started this journey! Opposite of you, I have told just about everyone I come in contact with that I am going to have the surgery, so I am sure all of my friends, co-workers and family are completely sick of me! They just think I am annoying know. Imagine how I will be the week before surgery when I am / have been on a liquid diet AND am suddenly menopausal! They will really hate me then! :D

Thanks all so GREAT to have support and read your responses.

@@Daisee68 I feel that I get the same thing when I call my surgeon's office, sleep study lab or call my PCP office. My insurance is much like a HMO so I have to have my PCP in or everything. I find myself wanting to tell people especially some of my co-workers but I know things would spread like wild fire...There are some people I just don't want to know that much about me. At any rate, when you make those changes due to the WLS if the people in your life really love and/or support you, they will be super supportative. I hear when you go through this process, you will lose and gain some friends. Find out alot about the people in your life.

Thanks @@Crosby and @@ladypoohbear that is exactly what it is all about learning and being informed. We should all be in our journey!