Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HI there I am new to the group. I was banded june 1st. My doctor has gruated me to anything i can take off a spoon , applesauce, mashed potatos ect... as of today. Along with the full liquid diet. I have already lost 10 lbs . My concern is that does 2 tabsp of small curd cottage cheese count mashed up with a teaspoon a applesauce??ANd is evryone else at this point eat very tiny amounts??? like 3 or less oz ? Thanksa bunch

Hi!

I'm 15 days post op and currently eating ...

scrambled eggs - mashed

cottage cheese - mashed

mashed potatoes

egg salad - mashed

salmon - mashed

Drinking - Atkins Advantage shakes -- & adding "greenies" (packets of various vitamens/green foods found at Whole Foods)

I don't think I'll ever have broth again! Boy I burned out fast on that!

But still downing the SF jellow and popsicles.

But ya know, the more carbs & artificial sweetner I seem to be taking in -- is making me more hungry. So for now I'm leaning towards Protein.

I've had no issues so far, and hope to keep it that way. Especially after reading the pita bread post!!!

post-219500-13813135089083_thumb.jpg

LOL!! that pita bread post scared me too!!!

I was banded on the 31st (just 14 days post op)!! I went to my follow up visit w/ my surgeon on Monday, and he moved me right past pureed food to soft foods. He also suggested that I start to incorporate a different solid food at each meal. So far, so good!!!! I did have some issues with some lumpy potatoes today. Other than that, things have gone down just fine! Just chew, chew chew!!!

oh good how much are you eating though?

I am taking in like 2 tbsp a cottage chese but this am i had about 4oz of maltomeal omg withbrown sugar and skim milk i was in heaven. I am always hungery and hunger pains and growling is this normal?? what other mushed on a spoon can i eat? signed Hungery in washington state

Purchase the magic bullet and try putting some Protein in it, like chicken breast. I used mine yesterday to make chicken salad and it turned out more like chicken spread (no lumps at all). I hope this helps, I have not been banded yet so it's just a suggestion it is working for my pre-op. I just have to remember to chew chew chew because I'm practicing.

Hi Everybody:

I was banded on May 31st and I have not had ANY problems to day. I just began the mushy stage yesterday, and I'm having a difficult time eating enought. Unlike Fairerfry, I am NOT hungry at all, and I know I am not eating enough. I have to remind myself to eat.

My Dietician recommends baby food meets. So for dinner I had Cream of Broccli Soup mixed with 1 tbls of mashed potatoes and Baby meat (looks like vienna sauages), and a small cup of applesause. I am SOOOOO FULL!!!! This stage is VERY CHALLINGING, because I HATE soft foods. I am a crunchy girl, but like everybody else, I refuse to get sick, so I follow the rules. :rolleyes: Good luck!!!

ok well i had mashed potatoes pulverized and gravey really wet i eat very small amounts but am hungery at 4oclock pm every day when i have to make dinner! ughhh i try to eat something then.. applesauce ect. BTW babyfood meats have 0 Protein. yuckoh the viennna sausage ones might. I know i should be taking more Protein Shakes , yes i forget to eat too all morning till after noon, i ave to force my self but by 4 the hungery pains I swear my stomach is eating its self!! I am also stickin to the program I DO NOT WANT TO VOMIT!! what i wouldnt do for a piece of cheese .

Using oatmeal or cream of wheat as an example, I am able to eat the single serving amount as directed on the package. I thought this would be too much but wasn't confident in halving it before cooking so decided I would halve it after. I use a small spoon so that I eat slower, but the amount doesn't make me feel overly full.

You mentioned you wanted cheese. I put a little bit of shredded cheese in my grits. I know cheese isn't on the mushy stage, but melted in the hot grits, it has been very doable as well as enjoyable. I strongly suggest you do your Protein Shakes or drinks everyday as I feel the Protein is what curbs my hunger. I learned from a friend that is 7 months post-op to do the majority of my protein first thing. I switch between a double shake (2cups of skim milk and 2 scoops of protein powder) and my flavored Isopure drinks. Either way I have 40 grams of protein before I've even headed out the door. Also drink your Water. I hate plain water, so use the crystal lite powders. Peach Tea is my favorite and makes drinking 3-4 bottles of water a day enjoyable.

I've been over doing the amount fair and I live by the eat until your full, my program says 4-6 tblsp a meal, usually I eat one of the small single serve yogurts or cream of wheat for Breakfast, I've been having a hard time finding a Protein Shake that I like they kinda make me nauseous, lunch I have a cup of creamed Soup, I stopped picking the chicken out, I just chew it lick a hundred times before I swallow it. I have plenty of s/f pops they save me. I know how you feel cooking for everyone else but hang in there. Ive lost 10 pounds too banded on the 5th! Good luck.

I was banded on the 31st, too. My doctor is on vacation, so I'll see him on Monday. He told me to move to mushy at the beginning of week three. Yesterday I went to a teacher's inservice with lunch provided-I was terrified. I got a small piece of baked chicken, cut it up into very small pieces and added the salsa for wet. That plus three small cubes of cantalope chewed well all went down fine and I felt "totally" a part of the group and not "unusual" in any way. So just take it a little at a time and see what works. I also love the Isopure liquid at GNC. It is fruit flavored, not creamy and has 20 oz. Water and 40 oz. Protein. I just sip it along through the morning at work and have much of my protein done.

chicken, cut into very small pieces, has worked well for me. I have also had mac'n'cheese. The carbs in the Pasta may not be too good for me, but it went down really well.

I had some tilapia yesterday. . went down well at first, but the fish tends to dry out really quickly, the drier it got, the harder it was to go down, so I stopped eating it.

Toast is going down, crackers. . .mashed potatoes must be VERY creamy.

Hey everyone... I am 15 days post op and I am pretty much eating whatever I want. After my one week appointment my doctor switched me to mushies and I have gradually switched to solids because I found them to be tolerable. I DO eat with a baby spoon and limit my food to 1 cup or less per serving. The main thing is to chew chew chew.... this stage is definately testing my self control.. I am looking forward to a fill.