Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

one slice of pizza

I went to the cafeteria at work yesterday and just didn't feel like having a salad or half a sandwich as I usually do. I took a little bit of what they called a 'BLT salad', which was all the fixings without the bread..lettuce, Tomato, bacon bits, mayo. Then I took a slice of pizza.< /p>

Now...living in NYC, you may know that we eat thin crust pizza here. And when I say thin crust..a good slice of NY pizza is really thin. So this slice I took at work was supposed to be thin crust, but was doughier than what I'm used to.

I ate the salad and then ate the pizza slice and about a half hour later, it was laying in my belly like a brick. I felt so uncomfortably full that I was actually rubbing my tummy in discomfort and even my dress felt tight because I ate too much. What a difference in terms of how much food I used to eat vs. what I eat now. Was a time I could put away three or more slices and now, one thicker slice obviously does me in.

Sometimes I think my band isn't doing anything and it's just me being mindful of how much I am eating, but every once in a while, I am reminded just how much the band is doing its job while I do mine.

I cannot eat pizza...I could, but it would take me 20 minutes to get through one slice, and then, the results are what you describe.

Plus it is like walking through a mine field with the chance of getting stuck. Just too risky.

Thin crust, brick oven style is much better....but I'm into making good food choices and I always ask myself "where's the nutritional value in pizza?

I can't believe what I see with all the TV Comercials for pizza.....they are all in competition, but for what? The thickest, gooiest, unhealthy thing you can imagine?

I'm happy the band has set me apart from all that.

The thickest, gooiest, unhealthy thing you can imagine?

I'm happy the band has set me apart from all that.

Yeah but as a NY'r I crave that slice of pizza!!! I can't consume it, well I can but as you said it would take me 20 minutes and could be ugly...but of course I live in house full of young men and for some reason pizza is a staple for them easy and delivered right? It's the "smell" of it that gets me!!!

My mouth just waters..and I have to take a big inhale and sometimes a tiny bit from the very tip that I chew and savor till it's melted in my mouth because if I don't....I won't be able to get it out of my head or off my taste buds!

Someone recently posted about crust less pizza made in a skillet so I tried that recently. Mozzarella, mushrooms, sausage crumbles, a little Tomato paste, seasonings melted in a skillet with a dash of olive oil. It was heavenly. Chewy and satisfying. If I had peppers on hand I'd have thrown those in too.

@@JustWatchMe hey find that recipe and send to me!!! sounds like I could make that work for those miserable I want some pizza days!!

@@JustWatchMe hey find that recipe and send to me!!! sounds like I could make that work for those miserable I want some pizza days!!

No recipe! I just tossed those ingredients in a skillet and melted until it sizzled. Now I want some. Lol.

I had surgery on 1/19/15 and can eat pizza with no problem as long as I chew well. Is this normal? I've had 3 fills so far.

I belonged to a group where one young lady had 10 fills...problem was her Dr. only gave 1/2 cc per fill.....and after a year she was upset her weight loss was so slow.

I have only had 3 fills, and the first was 4cc's....

So it's not how many,...but how much....but many people cannot tolerate large fills, creating large changes to fast.

If my family or friends get pizza I usually opt for a big salad or chicken even if it's wings , however once in a great while I get a slice & just eat the toppings but I am a picky eater so they usually get a combination with everything on it so I don't eat it LOL so that saves me , but I still remember when we would buy 3 different pizzas my youngest would eat his for 2 days & I would eat a whole LG one myself & the others would share & there's only 5 people in my household , now I don't really do bread or starchy stuff because my tool doesn't care for it & yes I have tried with not good results so I just stay away , thin or thick, pan or whatever .

I had surgery on 1/19/15 and can eat pizza with no problem as long as I chew well. Is this normal? I've had 3 fills so far.

Yes. For many people. I have been banded for nine years and can eat all foods, I have to be very careful with some and anything doughy comes into that category. But it is perfectly possible for me.