Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will I really feel better?

I had my lap been removed and revision to a gastric bypass surgery on Tuesday. I still feel like crap I'm very sore I've had a headache for days. Just wondering how long before I really feel better?

I think it varies but I found the surgical pain minimum but the overall exhaustion overwhelming at times. By 5 days the surgery pain was insignificant but it took 3 weeks to be able to say I had a little bit of energy. Now at four weeks no surgical pain at all and energy probably at 50 %.

Edited by woo woo

I am mostly talking about the abdominal pain. I feel so sore and gassy still and it's making me emotional.

I had the same problem after my surgery. It took about 2 weeks before the bloated gassy feeling went away. As far as pain goes... my pain lasted about a week. I was off pain meds completely after a week. Walking will help get rid of some of the gas. I would just get up and walk around my house. Hang in there! :)

Surgery was Wednesday and still having lots of abdominal pain. Both gas and incision sites. Walking a lot but can't get comfy when I stop.

agree I am day 7 today and pain is outrageous in sites. out of post op pain meds and all I have is Tylenol now finally called today due to sharp and increasing so they have ice ing my sites and keeping binder on when up. Still a large sharp pain but better with ice

Plenty of pain meds here....80 percocet....guess they thought I was a whimp...lol Still can't get comfortable and today I've been super emotional.

TRUST ME I am supposed to call report to doc office in the morning and asking for a refill is going to be top of my list, not ready for just Tylenol yet evidently last hour or two is WOW

TRUST ME I am supposed to call report to doc office in the morning and asking for a refill is going to be top of my list, not ready for just Tylenol yet evidently last hour or two is WOW

I'm sorry for your pain. I hope they approve a refill for you.

I hope you feel better soon.

I was bloat for two weeks, especially after my bowl activity kicked in. After that, it was extreme fatigue, I wanted to sleep like the first two months. Now I feel great, and almost 70 lbs down, and 3 1/5 months out.