Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my date ???? 4/6!

Anyone else going under on this date? I would really love some surgery buddies ????. I don't start my liquid diet until the 30th and I am constantly having to tell myself not to gorge on sweets bc I know I can't have them after. I have a ton of questions but mostly what should I buy before I go under for afterwards. I don't want to go grocery shopping for awhile after so I want to get it all done soon. TIA

Your taste buds change after surgery. So it is not a good idea to fill up the cabinets before surgery.

Also the volume of food will be minuscule right after surgery. The primary goals should be to meet the Protein, Vitamin and Fluid requirements. Meals do not become a priority. Your body will be converting your stored fat into energy. That is why you will lose weight.

Protein requirements right after surgery is normally met by Protein shakes. They all taste bad in my opinion. Your goal is to find one that is acceptable after your taste buds change. There are many different choices, so be open to experimentation. If you are going with the powdered form, I suggest buying and using a Ninja blender with a single serve mixing cup. Trying to hand mix the powder with a liquid does not provide the proper consistency. It also allows you to add in fruits such as bananas into your Protein shake.

It is important to walk about 20-30 minutes each day prior to surgery. It will help your recovery process dramatically.

For many people who undergo gastric bypass surgery, hunger disappears. It is not hard to lose weight when hunger is not constantly gnawing at your bones.

Good luck on your upcoming surgery.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches