Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CA - Redlands, Inland Empire

Hello Everyone,

Is there anyone who lives near here who would like to meet up? Or does anyone know of any established groups I could join? It would be great to have some support! Thanks,

Annie

I have had the band for over 5 years and am thinking about switching to the sleeve at some point. My weight is improved from where it was before I got the band, but I haven't been as successful as I had hoped. I would like to get back on track with my weight, and it would be very helpful to have a support group.

That's great that you have your surgery coming up! Are you participating in a support group through your bariatric program?

I am in Moreno Valley and am in about the same situation as you are.

Loma Linda holds a informational/support group on the second Monday of every month from 6:30 to about 7:45. Topics vary...it is rather large at this time and is currently being run by the professional staff. The last group was on transfer addictions, we have also gone over nutrition, and next month, April will be an ask the surgeon session. It is open to those thinking of surgery, pre/op, post/op, etc. Doesn't matter where you had surgery you are welcome. It is held at the Loma Linda Heart and Surgical Hospital located at the corner of Barton rd. and New Jersey. There are plans in the works for further support and programs. LLUMC is trying to become a truly comprehensive program. Not just a do your surgery and your on your merry way. Come check it out...

I got my sleeve on March 31st by Dr. Coons in Riverside. If anyone is up for a workout buddy or even if someone needs support.

Thank you to everyone for posting! I appreciate the info and will check out Loma Linda.

I got my sleeve on March 31st by Dr. Coons in Riverside. If anyone is up for a workout buddy or even if someone needs support.

Thanks for the response! Sorry I didn't see it for a while (I don't log on here very often). A workout buddy would be great! I'm not sure where you're located, but if you live close to Redlands it would be great.

I'm just starting the process. I had my initial consult with the surgeon today, most likely gastric by-pass. I am starting 6 months of classes this month, anticipated surgery date June 2017. I'm having surgery at Loma Linda. ~Elizabeth

Welcome lostvter! Our next support group is coming up this Monday October 10, 2016. It is held the second Monday of every month at 6:30, however, we have recently been having various exercise instructors come in beforehand for a 30 minute workout. It's being held at the Tom & Vi Zapara Rehab Pavilion. 25333 Barton Rd. You can call (909)651-7091 for more info or you can get into contact with one of the bariatric coordinators and they can verify the information. I am a certified support group leader there and we will be discussing a variety of things, also exhibiting some products (not selling) you may be interested in pre or post op that we were given during a conference we just attended. The support group is overseen by the doctor's right hand (wo)man. Hope you can make it. According to the last Stanford study on Bariatric patients we are 3.5 more times likely to succeed lifelong when we attend a support group regularly. However, if you can't and you would like to be in community I am personally launching an online support group where you can ask anything you would like. Feel free to pass the information along. Hope to see or hear from you.