Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have any pets?

Here are my girls: Lily the Cat and Kayko (Japanese Spaniel)

If anyone knows how to resize these babies - go ahead!

post-215817-1381313506972_thumb.jpg

post-215817-13813135071649_thumb.jpg

They are so cute especially Kayko. I had 2 Bichon Frise brother and sister from the same litter Arthur and Holly. Arthur had to be put down last Sunday apparently a heart attack/stroke and poor Holly is wandering around so lost. She spotted herself in a mirror the other day and was wagging her tail like crazy. She kept going to the back side of the sliding mirror door to find her brother. It was heartbreaking. She is 12 1/2 years old. It is so horrible to put these guys down. They give so much and ask for so little in return.

Susansilver: I just have the one pet: Mr Yoda!!!! :kiss

DonnaD...I'm sorry your dog had to be put down. That is such a sad story....(I sooooo love dogs....the bigger the better!).

oh, I forgot to mention our other pets...we have several dustbunnies that seem to live here as well. They don't take a lot of care though!

:omg::paranoid

Yoda - you crack me up! Donna - so sorry about putting your dog down. I have not had that experience but I can only imagine how painful it is. My thoughts are with you.

Why I am tickled you asked?

Yes, I have 3 of the most beautiful cats in the world. My 3 kids and I flew all the way to Edmonton to get them.

post-206191-13813135075481_thumb.jpg

I love this new thread!! I love pets (children).

My beloved bulldogs were scared of dust bunnies.

If pets don't go to heaven when I die I want to go where they go.

"weeeee doggies" Jed Clampett

edie

We've got a moggie, a tortoishell tabby cat, shes' 7 years old, called Lady (the kids named her, their fave movie as littlies was Lady and the Tramp).

We're about to get another cat though, although I'm hopping mad about it. BIL and SIL are moving to Canada for 2 years and had to find homes for all of their pets. There's a strong chance they wont be back after two years. I think you give your pets away free to a good home in that situation, much as it might be hard, its kinder on the animals who are not going to settle only to be relocated.

But anyhow, we're getting Tabitha, the 11 year old cat. Its going to be ugly in our household, our cat will not take kindly to her and I'm worried to death about both of them, Tabitha is so old and our puss suffers an immune disease which causes her to get hundreds of mouth ulcers if she gets stressed, she gets very sick. I can see fights and endless trips to the vet for abscesses and other war wounds.

Why I'm mad is that MIL and FIL are having the other cat but dont want two. Really, if you've got the responsibility of one cat in terms of having to have them looked after when you go away (SIL is paying for the animals to be fed, kennels, vets everything) why not have the two and keep them together as they are used to each other? Why make our cat and Tabitha have to face such a hard situation?

we just had to put our sweet Angie to sleep on 9apr--we took her from our neighbors when they got a divorce--mae them take their children however--Angie was 17 yrs and 3 weeks...she had a great life w/us and will surley be missed....las saturday we got a dog from petfinders--she looks a lot like Angie ...she was abandoned in a gas station by college kids...she a sweet little angel whom we named Xanthe.while she cannot replac Angie she sure is trying hard!! she is a cocker/springer mix-all black with a white flame on her chest! Also got an old english sheepie from rescue...Duke is 8 1/2 and 105 lbs of great dog with one blue eye and one brown one--he also has make himself at home like he was here forever--and so goes the cycle of life.

We lost our beloved pet beagle Luna in October of last year. After going through months of saying "no more pets" because it hurts so much when you lose them we have finally decided to get a new pet....meet Albert

he comes home on June 09/07

post-218938-13813135076481_thumb.jpg

I have my big baby lap dog at 75 lbs.... Darby he is a irish Water spaniel... and i have no idea how to insert his picture. But I love and adore him and he loves and adores me.

Most days I swear he is better than a man, he falls in love with me everytime I walk through the door and tells me so.

Thank you for posting pics of your pets! PAulax your cats are gorgeous and Marcar, I have fallen in love with Albert! Come on Susie we want to see your Lab.

Jachut- that seems really unfair. To your family, Lady and Tabitha. Pets are a serious responsibility, you would not give away your kids if you moved!

Lily the Cat was a rescue cat as well. Imagine, that they found this poor sweet thing in the streets who was declawed! How could she have possibly fended for herself. When we picked her up from the foster family she was all skin and bones. As you can see - that is no longer an issue for this little piggie!

We got her for my daughter Lily's 7th birthday and when we were on the website looking we saw her...A beautiful 7 year old cat named ... Lily! We knew it was a match! That is why she is named Lily the Cat.

We got Kayko as a puppy from a breeder in Stratford, ON in February. We were going to wait until spring - which is the logical time to bring home and train a puppy in this weather, but saw her and fell in love.

We only have one human child so after getting Lily and Kayko, I feel my family is complete.

Lily the Cat was a rescue cat as well. Imagine, that they found this poor sweet thing in the streets who was declawed! How could she have possibly fended for herself. When we picked her up from the foster family she was all skin and bones. As you can see - that is no longer an issue for this little piggie!

That makes me so angry. I am so glad you rescued Lily. She is absolutely stunning. I have a new soft spot for long hairs since we got our 3 Birmans. I have 3 kids, and they each got their own kitten. They have brought so much joy to our home, I can't explain. eventhoughthereiswhitecatfureverywhere

And Kayko, what a good looking dog. I talked to a Japanese Chin breeder (similar breed). She says they are great dogs

Yes, Susansilver, with 3 kids, your family is complete.