Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

starting to freak out

My surgery is 5 days away and I am very excited but also nervous. I feel like I have so much info from the initial classes, meetings, appointments, and pre-op counseling. I have been trying to re-read all my literature (it's a huge folder of papers now) but I honestly feel like I am going to forget something or do something wrong.

I have tried to buy everything I will need after surgery...products, meds, and foods. I have been making my list of what to pack for the hospital but even not totally sure with all of that!

Don't freak out. You sound like you are very well prepared. You might take some big deep breaths and try to relax now.

Your surgery is going to go great because you are so well prepared. They will give you good instructions when you leave the hospital and everything should be good for you.

Nice work.

Take a nice hot bath and try to relax. Good luck, warm thoughts coming your way for a speedy recovery.

My surgery is on Monday, at 9:00am

This morning I woke up crying thinking about the surgery, about my kids and husband. In the afternoon I went to he a pedi, with my daughter her very first one, she is 10. I'm planed a fun weekend with my family. Hopefully I'll keep my mind off the bad thoughts!

I had mine at 8am yesterday and I sobbed for days before scared i wasn't gonna survive and I Wud leave my 3 kids behind i sobbed all the way to the theatre but I am still here and surprisingly not too bad! Everyone is scared it's a common thing! Don't feel bad Ur scared! But really if U were a risk then they Wudnt do it they wud refuse as it wud ruin their numbers

My surgery is on Monday, at 9:00am

This morning I woke up crying thinking about the surgery, about my kids and husband. In the afternoon I went to he a pedi, with my daughter her very first one, she is 10. I'm planed a fun weekend with my family. Hopefully I'll keep my mind off the bad thoughts!

My surgery is on Tuesday. I have a ten year old too, I'm a single mom, I worry also about waking up. It's so nerve racking! PS. I'm so hungry right now lol!

I had my sleeve done on March 10th..I was like you very well prepared. And it was easy breezy :-) I knew what to expect and had everything ready at home as well. The first few days have been tough with pain, but nothing like I expected. Every day gets easier I promise!

I have two kids 8 and 13 and my 8 year old daughter is special needs. I am concerned about her but she will be with my parents while i am in the hospital just worried about after I get home with her.

I am a little nervous about surgery in general since there are risks but I have had two c-sections so at least I know my reaction with anesthesia etc...

I am most concerned about getting denied day of or something....I have now paid my part but haven't heard about any of my pre op testing.....I am assuming no news is good news at this point!!!??!

I might freak out about not waking up the night before....it's scary having kids and doing this but it's all to provide them with a healthier mama!!!

I have two kids 8 and 13 and my 8 year old daughter is special needs. I am concerned about her but she will be with my parents while i am in the hospital just worried about after I get home with her.

I am a little nervous about surgery in general since there are risks but I have had two c-sections so at least I know my reaction with anesthesia etc...

I am most concerned about getting denied day of or something....I have now paid my part but haven't heard about any of my pre op testing.....I am assuming no news is good news at this point!!!??!

I might freak out about not waking up the night before....it's scary having kids and doing this but it's all to provide them with a healthier mama!!!

I hope you have family around to help. My family is in Italy, but I have my husband who took 3 days off. I'm also didn't get any news back about my lab work, but surgeon nurse called me yesterday to ask me if I had any questions. And how my 2 weeks preop diet went. Also remind me to do the prep on Sunday only liquid and Miralax. When the hospital called me I ask if I can bring kids and they said no, I guess kids can't visit. ??? But she said to ask the nurse on the floor of the day. I'm still confuse about that! Worry about if something goes wrong on the day, like the doctor get sick and can't come or they think I can't have surgery for what ever reason ....... My first stop will be in and out hahaa just kidding????????

At least you got a call!! I honestly feel like I am gonna forget something. I have my antibacterial wash sitting out as a reminder and doing well on the liver shrink diet. Not looking forward to the clear liquid one Tuesday but it will be worth it!

I hope my kids can visit. That was one of my questions I wanted answered but they haven't called me back yet. My husband is taking off 3 days of work to stay with me but my parents and the kids want to visit me. We shall see

My surgery is tomorrow and I am so nervous about not waking up from it and leaving my husband and 19 month old behind. I am also excited to start my new healthier life. I won't let my little one visit me in the hospital because of the nasty super bugs, I've never been away from her so that will be hard.

Edited by Kichi

Kichi speak to the consultant as they can give U something to relax U! I was really upset and scared and they helped me! I have a 6 month old, 6yr old and 8yr old and was so scared but he really helped me! I can't hold my 6 month old and I hate it I just wana cuddle him but I can't just think this is what's best for Ur life and Ur child's life to make it better

I only had to stay the night, they let my husband stay with me. I was home the next night sleeping in my own recliner :-) with my kiddos not far. It all goes really fast seems like. I'm sure all will go well and you'll be home the next day as well! Good luck!