Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mohammed Ali's Daughter's new book - Fighting Weight

I saw an article in People magazine regarding Mohammad Ali's daughters weight loss with lapband. She went from 335 to 155. I think she was banded in 2001 or somewhere near that time when it was allowed in the US. Has anyone read the book? I just ordered it.

I'm reading it now, about two-thirds through. Ms. Ali's struggles are the ones each of us has faced, is facing, and will face. A good read that reaffirms our choice of going for the lapband. And if you're thinking about the band, this book is a great encourager.

I can't wait to get it. Barnes and Nobles didn't have it in so it will take a few days to get here. I like the fact that she was steady with her weight loss and never gave up until goal. Losing close to 200 lbs without having RNY is amazing.

I just ordered the book from Amazon.com, I can hardly wait to read it. I hope it better prepairs me for the operation. Thanks for the tip.

JP

I hope her book is better than sharon osbornes book. I saw sharon on a talk show and she said that her new autobiography was going to have a lot of stuff about her lap band. I read it cover to cover and was disappointed. All she said was that she was sick of being so fat, which I kinda took offense to. So she decided to do the lap band. Thanks for all the info Sharon!!!

Any of you guys end up getting this book? If so, what did you think? Is it something better for a newbie?

I never got it like I planned, but am about to put in an order to Amazon, so I'm considering it again!

I just finished reading it and I didn't think it was anything spectacular. It goes into great detail about what the band actually is, and why it is so much better than gastric bypass, but what I really want to know about people who have the band and write books about it is what kinds of food they're eating, how much they're exercising, how long it took to get to goal, what they're fill levels are, how long did it take to get the right fill level, did it ever change, etc, etc. Those questions are never answered! There were a few sample menus from the docs who helped write the book, but I know what the doc has to say, I've heard the same thing from my doc, I want to know about Ms. Ali...

I just finished Ms. Ali's book. I was hoping that it would be a little more informative and inspirational than it was. Don't waste your money. In all honesty I have gotten way more out of this website and all the absolutely AWESOME folks that post here. I am about 2 1/2 weeks out from my lap-band and about 5 pounds down so far. Not as much as I had hoped for but it sure beats going 5 pounds the other way!

Michelle

Well, I'm hoping the book I just order - Success habits of people who had WLS. I ordered it from Amazon.com.< /p>

I agree with JMCAMBRA - I want to know, how they were successful, what they ate, the exercise, the supplements (if any) that were taken, their fill level, what pointers they have etc. This book I ordered is supposed to have that, so I'll let you guys know once I receive it. It was shipped today, so hopefully I'll get it in a few days.

I do admire Ali - I think she has come far losing 200+ pounds.