Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb Bandsters June Challenge

Can you guys believe it is June already? SO here is the thread for the June Challenge. I want everyone to be able to achieve their goals this month so we are going to have a multi level challenge. Here she goes....

June Exercise Challenge

Level 1- 30 minutes per day for 15 days

Level 2- 45 minutes per day for 20 days

Level 3- 60 minutes per day for 20 days

Level 4 hardcore bad ass- 60 minutes per day for 30 days

I decided to remove the Water from this challenge and focus on the exercise. If we are exercising we should be drinking water while we do so.

Personally I am going for the Level 4 Hardcore Bad Ass. I am making it a priority in June. One hour a day- my time. Just me and my sweat. Darn it I am going to take off some weight this month!

This is my month. Even if just at the 1st level! :)

No, really...when I actually DO it, the 45 min mark is easy to hit, it's just remembering to DO it in the 1st place that gets me. Argh. Somebody, whip me into shape, please!

Officailly, I'm gonna pledge 15 days, but I know I need to do more. I know I do. So hopefully I'll pass the Level 1 goal & adjust my Level!

Who's with me?!? :cheer2:

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters: June Challenge ~ Level 1 :first:

0 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)

Hi Babygrl

I'm going to start on level 2 and hopefully by next month I'll be ready for level 3 or 4.

we can do it

Magii

Feb'07 Bandsters: June Challenge ~ Level 1

1 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Dang girl look at you!!!!! Did you work out at midnight or something? Awesome, Aweomse, Awesome. I know you are going to do this!!!!!

I am so sick today...UGH!

I am about to go weigh myself. WHy am I so nervous?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Got my first days workout in. 4 miles walk at work and 30 minutes of running at home.

How is everyone's first day of June?

My goodness...Onederland, here you come, Babygrl! You go!!! :clap2: And 4 miles at work -- what the hey diddle diddle?!? I can't even imagine that! It still takes me just about half an hour to do a mile, at the briskest pace I can manage. :straight That'd be a 2 hour venture. :o

OK - tell me more about this "couch to K" thing you're doing? Do you have a link to something you printed out, or what? Not that I'm THAT motivated, but I wanna be!!!! :biggrin1: You are such a exercise inspiration! And you know damn well that I'm in need of some major inspiring.

Suzanne

1 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)

Aww Zannie you are too sweet girl. The 4 miles certainly did not happen overnight. I have always been realtively "fit" for a fat girl but I had to build up to it over time. I started walking right after my sugery and I was doing about 1.5-2 miles daily. Then I built it up to 3 and just this past week tried the 4. I am lucky that I have an awesome boss who does not care what I do just as long as I get my work done. In fact she is the one who showed me the walking route at work. I have a walking buddy and we always do 3 miles on our lunch break (weather permitting of course). We can get that done in under an hour. The 4 mile walk I do when she is not there since it takes over an hour and her boss is not as lax about breaks as mine. It is nice for me to just get away from my desk and get some fresh air.

Here is the couch to 5K link.

Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

I think the thing that keeps me motivated on that is that while I am running sometimes I just want to quit but then I think that if i do I have to do the day/week all over again and I don't want to do that!

I am thinking maybe next month we can do a partner challenge. Like find some other people and team up and compete. Maybe other people will participate in the challenge and want to do more because not only will they be accountable to themselves but they will be accountable to their teammates.

Oh and Onederland.....man that is a huge dream for me. I haven't been there since before my kids. The day I hit 199 is the day I throw a huge party. I will probably party myself right back up to 201 lol.

I've somehow hurt my foot...you ought to see me wobbling around! But wobble I did today so as to get in my exercise. Like a friggin' Weeble, I swear! Hopefully I won't pay for it tomorrow, and a visit to Urgent Care is in order to figure out what I've done to myself now...:rolleyes: But the point is that PAIN & ALL, I got in my 1/2 hour! Yea, ME! :star:

Suzanne

2 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)

weight.png

How is everyone doing??? Crappy weather here today. I did 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill and I was so darn bored with it (I usually only run on there) so I had to get outside between storms and ride my bike. I did almost 5 miles in a half an hour to get my full hour in before it started to rain again. It was fuuuuun riding through the puddle. I was a mess when I got home lol.

On a side note my huge tree in my backyard was struck by lightning AGAIN for the 4th time since we moved in here in 2003. Whoever said lightning never strikes the same place twice is full of it!!!!!

Suzanne

3 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)

I have not been exercising for a week. I lost my dad last Monday, unexpectedly, and his was not a peaceful death. I was with him when he passed, and I am having a hard time with it. I can't close my eyes without seeing it again..... but enough of that.

It's time for me to get off my ass and get moving again. I'm in.