Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

The supreme court is not the supreme authority for christians. Let's remember that they can be wrong. In the Dred Scott decision in 1857, they said that slaves weren't people. They can't tell us what is right and wrong. They can only give us nine lawyers opinions about what's legal and what's illegal, and that's a far cry from what is right and wrong. Still, we have to live with the results. (or die from them, as the babies do)

The supreme court is not the supreme authority for christians. Let's remember that they can be wrong. In the Dred Scott decision in 1857, they said that slaves weren't people. They can't tell us what is right and wrong. They can only give us nine lawyers opinions about what's legal and what's illegal, and that's a far cry from what is right and wrong. Still, we have to live with the results. (or die from them, as the babies do)

They are humans...we are not perfect...you included...we are all wrong every once in a while. That's right they can't tell us what's right or wrong...we can only go with what we feel is right or wrong! You do not get to decide what is right or wrong for me...just like I can't say you shouldn't be allowed to send your kid to a religious school...

As Christians we are often asked."What gives you the right to impose your morality on somebody else?" The answer is simple. Laws against murder, theft, rape, and racism are the legislation of morality. If we don't legislate morality, the immoral will impose their immorality on us. It can be explained this way: When we pass laws making murder, theft, rape and racism illegal, we are not so much trying to impose our morality on murderers, rapists, thieves and racists as we are trying to keep them from imposing their immorality on us and on their victims. When we seek to pass laws restricting a woman's supposed right to kill her unborn baby, we are not so much trying to impose our morality on her as we are on trying to keep her from imposing her immorality on her unborn child.

Romans 1 tells us that "they worshipped and served the creature rather than the creator." When you worship yourself, then only your life counts. Everyone else is expendable. whether it be the baby in your womb or the parent in the nursing home. The only hope for this nation is the reasserting of the foundational value upon which this Nation was based--the sanctity of every human individual life.

The Massachusettes Supreme Court ruled by a six to one margin that a man could not award goldfish as prizes in games of chance. It reasoned that such practices "dull the humanitarian feeling of prize winners". The same court made Medicaid funding of abortions mandatory throughout the state.

we as a society have the right and a responsibility to decide that some things are right and some things are wrong, and that we are going to make the wrong things illegal. Just as we say that we are not going to let the KKK impose their insanity on people of color, we have the same right to say were not going to let people continue to slaughter babies. Even if we can't win, we can have the right to be faithful.

The sanctity of life is the defining moral and spiritual issue of our time. Why? Because the consequences will affect you, your children, your grandchildren, and will determine the kind of society in which we are going to live. "Will it be a civilized one or a barbarous one?" Will it be christian or pagan? Only you can determine the outcome.

As Christians we are often asked."What gives you the right to impose your morality on somebody else?" The answer is simple. Laws against murder, theft, rape, and racism are the legislation of morality. If we don't legislate morality, the immoral will impose their immorality on us. It can be explained this way: When we pass laws making murder, theft, rape and racism illegal, we are not so much trying to impose our morality on murderers, rapists, thieves and racists as we are trying to keep them from imposing their immorality on us and on their victims. When we seek to pass laws restricting a woman's supposed right to kill her unborn baby, we are not so much trying to impose our morality on her as we are on trying to keep her from imposing her immorality on her unborn child.

Romans 1 tells us that "they worshipped and served the creature rather than the creator." When you worship yourself, then only your life counts. Everyone else is expendable. whether it be the baby in your womb or the parent in the nursing home. The only hope for this nation is the reasserting of the foundational value upon which this Nation was based--the sanctity of every human individual life.

Did you ever stop to think that the pregnant woman is the real victim...? Of course not because you don't care for adults...you care about a fetus! Is there no sanctity for the individual life of the pregnant woman...? Please...all of your statements and quotes can protect both sides of the arguement you cannot say these things and not expect them to be turned around on you

You don't accept what the Supreme Court decides about our laws and yet you listen to Pat Buchanan and believe what he says has any significant value? Pat Buchanan is a politician/commentator. He will say whatever it takes to get people like you to back him. I have watched him quite a lot. He contradicts himself on a regular basis. When that happens, he ducks his head and gives a hearty chuckle. I can't imagine why you would embrace anything he says. Oh yeah I guess I can. It's exactly what you want to hear.

Most abortions are performed long before it is much more than a blob of tissue. Not just a whole lot more than a heavy period. No, you don't like that depiction of the abortion process and I don't blame you.

But that is more often the case than the scene that anti-choice people like to portray of the abortion procedure. It serves their purpose and those of Pat Buchanan to use the terms that you've used and sure, it does influence some people.

But most people understand that the abortion procedure is what it is, and not like a full-grown bounching baby with all its' limbs being sucked out after its' brain has been punctured and scrambled just before the doctor and the mom do a high five.

The Massachusettes Supreme Court ruled by a six to one margin that a man could not award goldfish as prizes in games of chance. It reasoned that such practices "dull the humanitarian feeling of prize winners". The same court made Medicaid funding of abortions mandatory throughout the state.

we as a society have the right and a responsibility to decide that some things are right and some things are wrong, and that we are going to make the wrong things illegal. Just as we say that we are not going to let the KKK impose their insanity on people of color, we have the same right to say were not going to let people continue to slaughter babies. Even if we can't win, we can have the right to be faithful.

The sanctity of life is the defining moral and spiritual issue of our time. Why? Because the consequences will affect you, your children, your grandchildren, and will determine the kind of society in which we are going to live. "Will it be a civilized one or a barbarous one?" Will it be christian or pagan? Only you can determine the outcome.

Okay it is not illegal to be racist...it is only illegal if you kills or beat someone because of it. We should be allowed to decide what our own beliefs are...we should decide what we pass on to our children, if we should decide to have any. We determine the outcome of our own lives...you do not get to decide mine, just as I do not get to decide yours!

I choose a civilized country that is neither pagan nor Christian but founded on secular laws agreed to by a majority of the people, does the term “secular democracy” mean anything to you? I don’t know the exact statistic, but something like 60ish% of the people in this country believe that abortion should be the choice of the mother and that religious values have no place in that decision unless the mother herself is the one expressing those values.

patty - I know you like to believe that people are inherently evil - filled with the desire to sin as often as they can. If it weren't for Christianity and the Bible, you think that we'd all be killing each other, robbing banks, raping, pillaging, and offering our children up to the sun gods for sacrifices.

I do not believe that. I believe that people are basically good. I believe that in any case, we would make laws to protect each other and our homes and our lives even if there were no biblical icons in and around our govenment offices.

I do believe that some people need religion and the Bible to guide them. Without it, they'd be lost. But I do not believe that all people are hard-wired that way.

And I do believe that it is laughable that you scorn science because you think that it disproves the Bible. I believe that you need more faith. Science and the Bible are not mutually exclusive. Science offers far more physical proof and evidence than the Bible does. The Bible just requires a whole lotta faith.

patty - I know you like to believe that people are inherently evil - filled with the desire to sin as often as they can. If it weren't for Christianity and the Bible, you think that we'd all be killing each other, robbing banks, raping, pillaging, and offering our children up to the sun gods for sacrifices.

Not true.

I do not believe that. I believe that people are basically good. Nope. I believe that in any case, we would make laws to protect each other and our homes and our lives even if there were no biblical icons in and around our govenment offices.

I do believe that some people need religion and the Bible to guide them. ALL people need the bible to guide them. Without it, they'd be lost. true, Without we'd aALL be lost. But I do not believe that all people are hard-wired that way.

And I do believe that it is laughable that you scorn science because you think that it disproves the Bible. I don't scorn science. Much science proves the scriptures to be true. I only scorn science, and those who think they have the answers, when it goes against what God has already clarified to us in his word. I believe that you need more faith. And I believe that you need to read the bible more and pray beforehand, because you are quite confused on what God has to say in there. Science and the Bible are not mutually exclusive. Science offers far more physical proof and evidence than the Bible does. The Bible just requires a whole lotta faith.

I just found out my son has to have brain surgery...I feel like my heart has been ripped out!

rodriquezequal, All I can say to you is I wish I could help you through that. You may not believe me, but I do. I am crying as I type this, because we have been debating (arguing) this issue for a while and all you know of me is my stand on issues that are controversial. I truly DO have a heart. There is another side of me that if you got to know, you would like. Even though I believe you don't like me as a person, I want you to know this anyway.

I am very sorry for what you have to go through. I will pray for your son. Any mom who has to endure her child going through surgery, goes through a stressful, anxious, worrisome time. I know how hard it is for you, because my son had surgey at 2 years old. It wasn't brain surgery, but just that he had to go under anesthesia was enough to make me sick. So, my heart goes out to you as a mom. My love and prayers. Patty

This will be my son's 3rd surgery, 2nd on his brain. He had a VP Shunt put in when he was 6 months old. My husband is away in training so I am doing this alone right now...I am so afraid of losing my son. He is my world...I am so so scared

Holli,

My heart goes out to you. I have 3 children that are thankfully very healthy. They have had the normal illnesses along the way though and even those are heart wrenching to go through, I can’t imagine the pain you must feel with this situation.