Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Thank you cart! Perfectly said!!!

Thank you cart! Perfectly said!!!

Its real simple for me, take religion out of it (religion has no place in public policy anyway) and it simply becomes a personal and medical issue. I’m a guy so obviously I can’t relate directly, but I know that the vast majority of women don’t make the decision to abort lightly, they certainly don’t need the rest of society beating them down about it.

Having said that (and wearing my guy hat), I do think that the father should have some say in it. I’m not talking about rape or situations like that, but in cases where there is a boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife. I do think the woman has the ultimate right to decide what is best for her body, it just seems the father should be allowed to weigh in on the decision. I don’t know how to go about legislating that though? That part is a can of worms that I really can’t imagine how to address.

Patty: "Every womans body that can produce an egg, can deliver a baby."

I am not sure when you posted that patty, but you have seriously outdone yourself with that statement.

If I give you the benefit of the doubt, I'd guess you must have been in a big hurry and just not thinking clearly because nothing could be further from the truth. Hundreds, in fact, I am sure thousands, of women can produce eggs but cannot bear children. Are you smoking somthing weird? Or is your single-minded prejudice against a woman's right to choose just blinding you to everything that makes sense on this topic?

OMG kartman! You are SO my hero! Your posts above are spot on the target.

In fact I've spent hours of time and posted hundreds and hundreds of words trying to say exactly what you said in a couple of reasonably short posts.

Good job. Excellent job. You are obviously an intelligent man who knows how to cut to the chase. And rational, did I mention rational? And empathetic and caring. Thank you for posting your opinion and revealing your wisdom here. In other words...

thanks, I needed that.

Patty: "Every womans body that can produce an egg, can deliver a baby."

I am not sure when you posted that patty, but you have seriously outdone yourself with that statement.

If I give you the benefit of the doubt, I'd guess you must have been in a big hurry and just not thinking clearly because nothing could be further from the truth. Hundreds, in fact, I am sure thousands, of women can produce eggs but cannot bear children. Are you smoking somthing weird? Or is your single-minded prejudice against a woman's right to choose just blinding you to everything that makes sense on this topic?

If you have had a period and are capable of producing eggs that can be fertilized, then you can give birth to a child. Believe me, if you get pregnant at 12, and allow it to grow for 9 months, a baby will be born. No doubt about it.

I started my period at age 7...so you are saying if I had been pregnant at 7 my body would have been fine? I was like 3 1/2-4 feet tall...

"The issue of having a body that can sustain a baby becomes a large topic in the art of pregnancy. A girl below the age of 16 has a body that is underdeveloped. The organs inside of her are still growing and becoming their full potential. The system used to grow and release a baby is also far from being ready to have a baby and have it grow to its successful size. If a girl below 18 gets pregnant, the fact that her body is not ready and the issue of her not being an adult comes into play."

~ Quoted from: Could You Handle It? - Writing Our Future: Letters to the Next President

If you have had a period and are capable of producing eggs that can be fertilized, then you can give birth to a child. Believe me, if you get pregnant at 12, and allow it to grow for 9 months, a baby will be born. No doubt about it.

Believe you...? Yeah I don't think so...when you get you PhD and actually know what you're talking about, maybe, but what you just said makes me think maybe you should go back to middle school or high school and take sex ed...come on!!!

I started my period at age 7...so you are saying if I had been pregnant at 7 my body would have been fine? I was like 3 1/2-4 feet tall...

"The issue of having a body that can sustain a baby becomes a large topic in the art of pregnancy. A girl below the age of 16 has a body that is underdeveloped. The organs inside of her are still growing and becoming their full potential. The system used to grow and release a baby is also far from being ready to have a baby and have it grow to its successful size. If a girl below 18 gets pregnant, the fact that her body is not ready and the issue of her not being an adult comes into play."

~ Quoted from: Could You Handle It? - Writing Our Future: Letters to the Next President

Look, if having a baby at the age of seven is going to kill the mom, then an abortion would be needed to prevent the death of the mother. I have said that before. If a pregnancy is going to kill the mother, it should be terminated. But only in that case. There is NEVER any excuse to Kill a baby in the womb for any reason whatsoever. Unless the mothers life is in danger (self defense)It is an EXTREMELY rare case that a girl gets her period at age 7. you are drawing at strws now. If the law allowed for ONLY children to be allowed to have abortions, that would be better than what we have now, which is anyopne can have one at any time for any reason at all. It still doesn't make abortions okay.

I'm picking at straws? I started my period at age 7!!! It was Mother's Day to be exact!!! Young girls are having their periods at younger and younger ages every year! A childs body is not ready to carry a baby plain and simple!!! I thought you said bye...?

I'm picking at straws? I started my period at age 7!!! It was Mother's Day to be exact!!! Young girls are having their periods at younger and younger ages every year! A childs body is not ready to carry a baby plain and simple!!! I thought you said bye...?

I have to say that you are a pretty nasty person.

So, you started your period at 7. Then if your Dr. said that you couldn't possibly carry a baby, then you were in the right to have an abortion. okay? At 7. But, all this time, I thought you said you were pregnant at 14. If I had you wrong, I apologize.

MOST girls get their period around 11 or 12 to 14 or so. I am not saying that if someones life is in danger, then too bad for them. I am saying that if there is no medical reason to abort, then you shouldn't.

Now, if you don't want to debate this with me anymore, then don't respond to my posts. I will figure it out.

If God chose Mary, the mother of Jesus, to deliver a baby at age 14, then God does not view age 14 to be too young. Therefore, neither do I. It seems young to people in America because we have set the legal 'adult' age at 18. It was not God's plan to set the age at 18. He designed our bodies to be able to conceive and give birth after the onset of puberty.

I have to say that you are a pretty nasty person.

So, you started your period at 7. Then if your Dr. said that you couldn't possibly carry a baby, then you were in the right to have an abortion. okay? At 7. But, all this time, I thought you said you were pregnant at 14. If I had you wrong, I apologize.

MOST girls get their period around 11 or 12 to 14 or so. I am not saying that if someones life is in danger, then too bad for them. I am saying that if there is no medical reason to abort, then you shouldn't.

Now, if you don't want to debate this with me anymore, then don't respond to my posts. I will figure it out.

I did not say I got pregnant at 7...I said I started my period at 7! Pay attention a little...just a little please. MOST girls have their period before the age of 14 now a days...more and more girls are having them at 9 and 10...A girls body and life are in danger if she is pregnant before the age of 16...read some medical articles...our bodies are not finished growing...our vaginas are small and tight, our muscles aren't fully developed in our abdomins, our breast aren't fully developed and neither are our minds!...if a 10 year old were to give birth it would tear her in half!

If God chose Mary, the mother of Jesus, to deliver a baby at age 14, then God does not view age 14 to be too young. Therefore, neither do I. It seems young to people in America because we have set the legal 'adult' age at 18. It was not God's plan to set the age at 18. He designed our bodies to be able to conceive and give birth after the onset of puberty.

I do not believe in God so I do not believe in Mary...Just because God sees it as okay doesn't mean that medically it is okay!!! did you go to school or did you just sit at home and worship and read the Bible...?

OMG kartman! You are SO my hero! Your posts above are spot on the target.

In fact I've spent hours of time and posted hundreds and hundreds of words trying to say exactly what you said in a couple of reasonably short posts.

Good job. Excellent job. You are obviously an intelligent man who knows how to cut to the chase. And rational, did I mention rational? And empathetic and caring. Thank you for posting your opinion and revealing your wisdom here. In other words...

thanks, I needed that.

BJean, thanks back at you - keep up the good work.

I do not believe in God so I do not believe in Mary...Just because God sees it as okay doesn't mean that medically it is okay!!! did you go to school or did you just sit at home and worship and read the Bible...?

"The wisdom of man is foolishness in God's eyes." Science also tells us we were decendants of apes. There are alot of things that the so called 'experts' are wrong about. If what they say contradicts God's word, then I don't agree with them.

Also, I went to school. Bible college. I also went to school and took classes in the medical secretarial field as well as getting my CNA certificate. That's about it.

BTW, you talk about me being rude and talking AT you instead of with you, and you don't even see the plank in your own eye. (Before you tell me that I have a stick in my eye, remove the plank from yours.)

Weren't you being condescending when you asked me in a snotty way "did you go to school or did you just sit at home and worship and read the bible?"? You have much to say about how I talk, yet you are far worse.

Also, Even if all I did was sit at home and worship and read the bible, the benefits from doing that would be far greater for me than for someone who never read it and spent 25 years in school!

Edited by pattygreen