Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@BloomingLotus Oh Blooming Lotus, my heart is so heavy for you :o( -- please have a good cry, then take a deep breath or two or three, and try to release the tension and frustration. Then call the pre-op place about Monday. Then I'd demand to speak to the head honcho administrator person at your surgeon's office over WHY/HOW it got to this point -- not that it will make it any better, but venting might help -- lots and lots of good vibes your way -

Ok, making progress. I called the pre-op testing center and they said no way, we are booked. About 5 minutes later she called me with a cancelation spot. So I now have my PCP at 3 and then have to haul my hiney to the hospital for testing at 5.

This gives me slightly more leeway for my doc to get the clearance in. I'm slowly starting to breathe again.

They are predicting snow for NYC Monday too, so idc if I have to take a dogsled to get this nonsense done!

You're right @dellastreet there is NO reason why this should have happened. Amazing how forgetting to hand me 2 packets of information (and ignoring my emails) could lead to such stress!

Okay, so I messed up. I was in such a rush to get my blood work done today that I was not honest about eating before the blood work. I was not told that I needed to fast until I took the test. I was untruthful and said I only had a small sip of Gatorade this morning, where in fact I had a Mountain Dew, a cookie, and half of a Subway sandwich. And though this will throw my scores off but I was hoping it wouldn't really make a difference one way or another since the surgery will assist with anything that the scores would indicate. I am considering going back tomorrow and seeing whether they will retest me. I was just so anxious to get the blood work over and done with.

My original (fasting) blood work covered a whole host of things, but my surgeons office said they were mostly concerned with thyroid function. Not sure if that is impacted by not fasting. I'll need to re-read my brand new papers to see if I need to fast for these last ones

Blizzard on surgery week? Why not!

Looks like the chances of a 29th surgery are dropping quickly. So hard when you've had your heart set on one date for so long!

These are the "conservative estimates" eek.

post-233922-14221899511392_thumb.jpg

That forecast does not look promising. I wish I lived closer. I have a great big 4 wheel drive truck to get you there. Doesn't mean they will have staff. DH and I occasionally bring a friend that is a nurse at the hospital to work when weather is bad. Is there a hotel that is close you could go to before the worst of the storm rolls in?

At this point I have mentally prepared myself for a delayed surgery, but I am still hoping for the best.

I should be able to get my testing in before the storm really hits - but as far as the doctor clearing me before Thursday, I don't have much control over whether she will go into the office during the storm to get my results. The storm should be cleared by Wednesday afternoon, so if all the paperwork can get in, I should be fine for Thur.

If it has to be switched, it has to be. One day or one week won't kill me, considering I've been waiting for months!

Success! Everything got in on time, and I am scheduled for 8am tomorrow! I'm so excited it doesn't even feel real!

Good luck tomorrow!

I'm so excited to hear how you're doing!! I hope everything went smooth and that you feel comfortable and are able to relax and rest in there!!

Big smiles over here for you!

That's great you made it to your surgery date! After all that.. what a relief.. Best of luck to you!

I'm done! Resting now. I was the first of many for the day so I haven't spoken to my surgeon yet, but I did learn something new: apparently my body doesn't react to dilaudid (sp?) at ALL. I was in excruciating pain in recovery for what felt like hours. Turns out, morphine, a less strong drug, worked waaaay better for me. Bizarre. Nap time. I'll catch up soon.

I'm so happy that you're ok......wishing you a speedy recovery!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. I'm still at the hospital. I was scheduled to stay one night but I'm staying 2. I had terrible nausea so I haven't been able to get my liquids in and haven't been walking much. The nausea is staring to go away so I'm hoping by the morning I'll be able to get in more fluids, but I'm already walking more. I don't have anyone here with me and I'm just bored out of of my mind.