Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4 months post op and I'm 46 lbs down and at a stand still. I'm Si depressed that it's not coming off quicker!! I know I eat some of the wrong things but I try and try to stay on track! It's so hard! I'm have issues with my shoulder, I had to be put to sleep for a manipulation on it past week and its keeping me from working out. I can't lift weights I can't get in the floor and do any exercising bc of the arm. I just want the pain to go away so I can start building some Muscle!! Just need a kick in the pants!!!

I think, by what you said, you already know what you're doing wrong and where to correct it. I rarely work out at this time and I'm 5 months out and 85 pounds down since surgery. I do track every drop of food that goes in and I make it all health. Best of luck to you.

I would spend some time every day walking. It shouldn't affect your shoulder too much and it will certainly speed up your metabolism!

All i do is walk and im keeping the weight dropping even tho im over a year out. you HAVE to move to keep it coming off. Use myfitnesspal to keep your calories in check and hold yourself accountable for everything you put in your mouth. You went thro all the pain of surgery now use that tool *kicks you in the pants* get it gurl!!

I'm 4 months post op and I'm 46 lbs down and at a stand still. I'm Si depressed that it's not coming off quicker!! I know I eat some of the wrong things but I try and try to stay on track! It's so hard! I'm have issues with my shoulder, I had to be put to sleep for a manipulation on it past week and its keeping me from working out. I can't lift weights I can't get in the floor and do any exercising bc of the arm. I just want the pain to go away so I can start building some Muscle!! Just need a kick in the pants!!!

drink more Protein if tired of chocolate, vanilla &strawberry thrn try nectar BRAND PROTEIN they are in mixed fruit flavors. I mix as instructedplus add in 1 pk crystal light then pour into 20 oz water bottle or double mix & pour into 32 oz gatorade bottle i use (G2) &mix protein instead of crystal light i like making my own flavors. You can find it @@vitamin shoppe or Amazon & container last a whileso you can still burn fat while drinking protein & also build muscle,hang in there im on fb as Sherri landers scheffler if you have any ?? Im almost 20 months post op

You can do this! ** swift kick in the tail** bust my buffers and off your rocker! Get a moving and a grooving in any shape form or fashion. There are so many "chair" exercises or other exercise programs that could be done without requiring you to get in the floor or harm yourself or cause pain. Just get on YouTube and search for chair exercise. They are often used for seniors but hey it will all help in the long run. You could also ask the orthodox to suggest exercise that would not compromise the recent work you had on the shoulder.... They might even offer you a few items that would be physical therapy that might help you with range of motion and other areas of healing.

Wishing you all the best and hope you feel well soon!

Thanks guys, yeah, I know the things I do that are wrong but that's my problem I get discouraged and want to give up, so I need some words or advice to get me over that hump!! I think I'm ok with my Protein but my hair is coming out rapidly. I take Biotin and I take a multi Vitamin. But maybe it's not enough. I do walk every day, 2 miles! Now, I live in the Atlanta area and we have had lots of rain since Christmas and that henders me and the cold also. I started back walking yesterday and I must say I do feel better. Thanks for the motivation and advice!! I'll take all I can get!!!

I would also suggest tracking your food using some kind of app. Myfitnesspal is a great one if you need a suggestion.

It makes you accountable to what you are putting in your mouth. It sounds like you already know that you are eating some of the wrong things. That can slow you way down.

Try going back to the beginning and starting fresh as if you had surgery this week. Begins with liquids and work your way back to normal food. This will help remind you of what you need to do to stay on track.

Also, stick to the requirements, no drinking 30 minutes before and after a meal, do not eat for more than 30 minutes. Eat slow and chew your food a lot. All of these habits will help you get back to the basics.

Don't get discouraged and give up, you have already taken the first step by!

You might also consider going to a support group or making an appointment with the psychologist. They can help you break through some of this discourage,ent you are feeling.

Good luck!

Have you talked to your doctor? Just to make sure everything is still working as it should in your surgery?

I'm sorry your going through a stall. Especially since you cant work out. Maybe you could ride a stationary bike? Or walking? That doesn't involve your shoulder.

Hang in there. You've lost a lot of weight and it will keep going. Statistically it's really hard not to,lose weight after bypass!! It may just go slower but you'll get there.

This surgery is a commitment to a change and if you are slipping back into old habits it's time to rethink why you did this of course. Your shoulder is bad enough, you don't need obesity as an issue in your life too! The food isn't worth it, it really isn't. If you are using food to cope with feelings and frustration, perhaps a therapist is a good idea? Try someone who specializes in eating disorders. They understand what your going through, weight loss struggles and so much about why we gain weight in the first place. They will be able to help you and motivate you, and give you other outlets for your feelings right now.

And don't beat your self up. I'm sure your a beautiful person and this is not about perfect ions and it's not a race. You've done great and I know things will get better

Edited by bellabloom

I totally hear you!!! But, you have to buckle down and follow the plan!! You know that, I know that, we all know that. And yes, we all struggle periodically. You sound like me--if I"m not going to be perfect, then why do it? Perfection doesn't exist (I still have to keep telling myself). Take this one day at a time. Do what you can today. Don't worry about tomorrow, focus on today. You are actually doing great, so give yourself a break! Accept the fact that you are awesome. And flawed. We all are! If you slip, make sure you write it in your food journal so you keep accurate records! But then, dust yourself off and get going again.

Ok, I am 14 weeks out and have only lost 26 pounds, so remember there are people that have lost more and people that have lost less than you. Hopefully this will make you feel better. I'm exercising and getting all my Protein so i don't know what my deal is!

I know every doctor has a different plan. Mine does not recommend Protein shakes after the initial phase right after surgery. I was advised to get my Protein from food only. I am only to use shakes if I can't get to food or if I am exercising a lot. My Nut says it can slow down weight loss. I certainly am not advising you not to follow your plan but I just wanted you to be aware not everyone does the same thing. I have lost 61 lbs and my surgery was October 28th, 2014.

I walk and do my own version of exercise. It includes power cleaning. I figure if I'm going to move I might as well have a spotless house.

Something that helps me a lot is to write down what I am going to eat that day. It makes it fun to plan and I know exactly what to eat and look forward to the built in treats. A cup of warm herbal tea, a saltine, whatever. This way, I don't have to think and search for what to eat when I am most vulnerable - hungry or in a hurry. Also, eating slow is key because quantity is a given determined by our pouch but the 20 - 25 minutes eating creates the feeling of full for the 4 hours until the next meal. Of course it's very boring to eat 1/4 of food for 20 minutes. I actually do stuff while I eat. For example I sit at the computer or even window clean as I eat. My breaks are for drinking because I find chewing to death so boring but drinking is easier as long as you wait and don't drink 1 hour after you eat.

Just adjust a little and all will be well. I too have stalls. 3 so far and they are devastating. I usually try to move more to get out of them. When I say move more it can be window shopping for several hours or dusting the whole house.

Good luck!