Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for the link- it was VERY helpful. I am such a newbie! The info just persuded me even more to go ahead and get banded.

Seanmama

I did a little work on the site and have added a 2nd page, which has links to personal sites of Bandsters.

If you have a website you'd like me to add, please let me know.

Thanks!

Tonia

:Bunny

I have a website. It's www.helpmegetskinny.com. However, I am not getting the surgery until November (thanks to a miracle of actually getting a loan). So, you might not want to add my site until then. As right now, my site is strictly a cyberbeggar site. Will be details about my journey after it happens though.

That is a terrific site. The adjustment article was like a needed slap in the attitude. Thank you very much.

Thanx for the link... very helpful information! ;)

Darcy

:)

This is a great site. A lot of great information. I am checking out the individual sites. Thanks!

I saw this article and thought that banders would like to read it............. I am still waiting for my approval and have been stressin on the whole process. I think that this forum is awsome but I am scared just the same. I am hoping to hear something this week....

post-204173-13813131452211_thumb.jpg

Guest just june

getting surgery jan 15. i don't know what getting a fill is? help

Getting a fill is when you go in to get your band tightened or adjusted. It is what gives you the restriction you will need to eat less. Some people do not need fills but that is the minority, most of us need fills anywhere from 3-5 fills until we get to our goal weight. It is adjusted with saline through the port the doctor places under your skin and the saline travels through the tubing top the band to tighten it..

Looks like you have alot of research to do. 'Fill' is what the adjustments for the lapband are called. Since the band is adjustable, there is a tiny bladder on the inside of the band which can be 'filled' to different increments according to the person's tolerance and weight loss/or lack thereof. Some people come out of surgery with some restriction, some have alot, some have none at all, especially once the swelling from surgery has subsided. Getting a fill is a very simple procedure, basically an injection of sterile saline into your band's balloon/bladder to tighten it up around the top part of your stomach. Normally it's very painless and only takes minutes. On occasion, a person's port may be tilted or even flipped, which could cause things to take longer or require a minor procedure to put it back in the right position. With the band, this is part of the continuing aftercare/follow-up/maintenance of the band that allows you to tighten it so that you can continue losing weight as long as you need to and/or maintain the loss you have already accomplished.

Please feel free to read, read, read, all the forums of this messageboard and there are many others online. You need to be absolutely informed about all phases and possibilities of the lapband. This knowledge will definitely make your success with the band alot easier to achieve and any surprises won't really be surprises. Happy reading! and welcome to the board.

Please head over to the 'Introductions' thread and fill us all in what brought you here and where you hope to be headed with your band! Welcome!

Check this out to see some pics of the different bands Inamed uses.

http://www.gisurgery.net/OverviewObesityBariatricSurgery.pdf