Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plain yogurt = *gag*... Help!

I used kefir during my all liquid stage. It was helpful in breaking up those days when I couldn't stand another sweet Protein Shake.< /p>

I started eating clean as an act of self preservation. My allergies were out of control and I spent more time fighting and recuperating from allergy attacks than out and enjoying life. I also became a fat vegetarian.

It's taken me a long time but I follow really basic rules:

• Bring a magnifying glass with you to the market
  • Anything that says,'light, fat free, diet' or similar is either lying or fake and heavily processed.
  • Try to buy foods that have 10 ingredients or less and/or do not require a science degree to understand the ingredients.
  • Avoid most foods that come in a box or a can.
  • Frozen foods with no additives are your friend.

I always suggest for people to look into the whole 30.. no processed, no junk, no sugar or grains.. you will really figure out that there are things we shouldn't be eating!

Kefir is one thing that people can try if they just hate yogurt, I do not suggest eating it without flavoring it, it has all the same benefits of yogurt and typically 11+ grams of Protein per cup.

I love greek yogurt.. and hate kefir.. *shudder*

I always suggest for people to look into the whole 30.. no processed, no junk, no sugar or grains.. you will really figure out that there are things we shouldn't be eating!

I prefer to keep it simple and I'm not anti-grain. These were not items that triggered my allergies. I am just particular about which grains I eat and what quantity of grain I eat. Farro and quinoa are staples for me.

I can't deal with yogurt at all - it makes me gag! I've tried regular and greek; plain and flavored; regular and lite; fruit on the bottom; mixed with fruit; mixed with flavorings - you name it. It's weird - I LOVE sour cream and have no problem eating that but I just can't do yogurt. Tried it both pre- and post-surgery - YUK!! I wish I could since it would be another Protein source for me. :)

In fact here's a handy chart full of alternative Protein sources.

Thanks for posting the chart, @@BLERDgirl! Very useful.

The only way I can eat plain greek yogurt is by adding canned plain pineapple (diced, crushed, etc.) with a little bit of splenda. The pineapple really supresses the flavor of the yogurt. Then, when I want I add blueberries, strawberries, etc. I actually enjoy greek yogurt this way!

I mix mine with honey and a scoop of chocolate Protein powder... Not sure if it is an acquired taste but I like it! Plain Greek yogurt is also a good substitution for sour cream or mayo.

I've heard that you can use yogurt in place of sour cream and mayo but have been scared to try it. Could you mix tuna fish with yogurt? How would that taste? I heard someone else suggest mixing tuna with cottage cheese. Anyone tried these?

I've heard that you can use yogurt in place of sour cream and mayo but have been scared to try it. Could you mix tuna fish with yogurt? How would that taste? I heard someone else suggest mixing tuna with cottage cheese. Anyone tried these?

I often use plain, greek yogurt instead of mayo and you can't taste the difference. I also use it instead of sour cream. I like the taste.

@@BLERDgirl Thanks! I'm going to try that!

@@esskay77 I've mixed it in tuna and it's good. I've used it as sour cream, and I've used it in place of milk and creams in Soups and such as well. =)

I use it it place of sour cream... Mix it with hidden valley ranch powder to make dip or dressing if I thin it out with milk. Put it on top of chili, on a quesadilla with a low carb tortilla, etc. Haven't tried it with tuna...I figure I am eating so little I just use real mayo with that.

SF Syrup that they have by the coffee...they have vanilla, French vanilla, caramel and salted caramel here...0 calories or carbs